IGNORED

pin length on UAV board in 800xl

Swami

The pins on my UAV board in my 800xl are a little longer than they need to be, so the board sits up above the socket a few millimeters. It can rock back and forth very easily, which seems to make it a little unstable when you move it or when inverting it to screw it back together. Anyone else notice this? I was thinking that maybe adding a second socket on top of the first might make it sit more firmly and make more robust pin contact.

Maybe replacing the stock 4050 socket on the motherboard with a machine socket should make things much more solid.

That said, the 800XL I installed mine in has the original socket, a dual wipe socket soldered on top of the original 4050, and the UAV is plugged into that... it makes quite a high stack that is similarly easy to knock out...

I've got UAV's in an 800XL and two 1200XL's. In each case, they're sitting proud in stock Atari single-wipe 4050 sockets and while they're a little tall, they're all just fine. I mean, you can always trim the UAV pins a bit if you have to but it's probably not really necessary.