IGNORED

Games that benefit from the Pro Controller

madman

Updated just to say there's 3 options available in Battlesphere, no sense in typing them out. Thanks for the screen shots. I'll dig around a little more in the next couple days, but I'd have to say we have the definitive list here. The only possible games are those whose manuals aren't hosted on AA, I was able to find the DDV manual on archive.org.

• Like 5

I've checked everything at this point, the only other thing I found was L/R do line changes on Brett Hull Hockey but I don't feel that's a massive feature for a proto game that almost nobody has and if they do, rarely if ever play it. The only manuals I haven't checked are for Orion's and Der Luchs' games but I can't find any mention of them supporting the pro controller. That said, this should be the definitive list of games that are enhanced with the Pro Controller. This should also serve as a reminder that there are tons of great resources on AA such as manual and box scans.

Loopz: L/R shoulder buttons rotate the active piece

Protector / Protector SE: L/R shoulder buttons activate Hyperspace

Robinson's Requiem: L/R shoulder buttons strafe left and right, respectively

Thanks, Carl! I was trying hard to find the RR manual online. My copy is buried in my closet at the moment.

It looks like, unless someone can make a strong defense of the Jaguar version of NBA Jam over SNES, Saturn, or PS1 versions, there are no UNIQUELY Jaguar games that need more than 2 Pro Pads that run on one console and one TV. And unless there is a Jag Link game that hooks up more than 2 people, there are no UNIQUELY Jaguar games that require more than 2 Pro Pads period

Is literally the only 3+ player game where the Pro Pad comes in handy NBA Jam, a game that's shared by many consoles? If you're a die-hard completist Jag fan with 3 frequent friends and no other systems from that era, then it's smart to get 4 Pro Pads. Otherwise assuming you take care of your pads, most people will only need 2 at most.

Remember: this is coming from a Johnny-come-lately toe-dipper, not a true back-in-the-day, pedal-to-the-metal Jag fan.

Can someone who bleeds Luma, Red, and Chroma minus Red give a reason why YOU would want more than 2 Jag Pro pads, other than wear and tear?

Edited by tripletopper

Also about Total Carnage, if I remember right is a twin stick shooter, like Smash TV. The arcade version as demonstrated on Midway's Arcade Treasures 3 on Game Cube had a move stick, a fire stick, and a bomb button as Z? I don't know what the arrangement is on the Jaguar, but an SNES Smash TV arrangement with Y=north fire, Z=west fire, C = south fire, B=east fire, pressing any 2 non-contradictory diagonals as that diagonal, and X, A, L and/or R being the bomb button, makes perfect sense to me. It doesn't sound like they used that setup.

Edited by tripletopper

• 1 month later...

I found using the Pro Controller to be a huge help for Trevor McFur. In particular, having the shield mapped to Y and Cutter mapped to X is a lot nicer than fishing around on the keypad, since I used those two special weapons a lot. Having Ring mapped to R is also helpful.

It really is a great game with the Pro controller. I agree!

• Like 2

I found using the Pro Controller to be a huge help for Trevor McFur. In particular, having the shield mapped to Y and Cutter mapped to X is a lot nicer than fishing around on the keypad, since I used those two special weapons a lot. Having Ring mapped to R is also helpful.

Speaking of Crescent Galaxy and the ultimate arrival of the SainT's SD Adapter and associated hacks, I'd love to see one for Crescent Galaxy that restores Trevor's head poking out of the top of his ship which is a Jaguar console... that was pretty cool to see it in the beta version back at Atari Corp HQ when they were demoing what was in the works at the time. Sure, it does nothing for the gameplay but it's cool nonetheless...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...