IGNORED

Games that benefit from the Pro Controller

madman

Having same problem. Can't sign in. Can't create an account.

ok then it isn't just me. I don;t know if I've ever actually created an account on here it seems. I have it attached to log in with my Facebook Account and then my "Uhateit" screen name pops up, but it keeps asking me to log in or create an account and not let me log-in with the Facebook thing (not even showing an option) so I can;t ad it to the cart or my wishlist. I was curious about buying one and seeing what the shipping charge is but can;t even get that far.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 11:29 PM, Movement1957 said:

How much will these pro controllers cost about? Also does anyone make like a Brooks to ps3 adapter for the jag. I have one for my neo geo and my turbografx and they work great

No, the Jaguar controllers are on an isolated island for this system. No outsiders allowed! 

• 1 year later...

I just took a look at my zoop manual and it mentions that the XYZ buttons have the same functionality as ABC during gameplay (page 6). I don’t know if that’s significant enough for it to be on the list but I definitely didn’t know that before. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any game that makes use of the keypad buttons 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9 benefits from a pro controller since 4&6 and 7, 8, 9 are mapped to the extra buttons.

Towers 2, Syndicate, Baldies, I-War, Cybermorph, Hoverstrike,Trevor Mcfur and many more, can use it extensively. Though many of these games will still require the keypad for functions not mapped to 5 or the 12 buttons, but this is tstill true of games that were made compatible with the pro-controller too, like Battlemorph, Battlesphere, Hover Strike and Skyhammer, but still use the 1, 2, 3 and 5 keypad buttons for functions too.

Blue Lighting uses the shoulder buttons for after burner and airbrakes. The Y buttons changed between internal and external view.

With AvP you can actually make use of the strafing that was practically pointless when you had to reach for 7 and 9 buttons on the keypad. While not mapped to the 4&6 shoulder buttons, they are mapped to Z & X buttons which at least makes it more possible to strafe, if still difficult to fire when strafing. Even circle strafing is possible by turning with the D-pad left or right while pressing the Z & X buttons. 

Iron Soldier 1&2 are made easier to select left and right hip and hand weapons.

Doom and AvP allow certain weapons to be selected and map activation (Wolfenstein 3D map too) with the new buttons.

The list goes on. 

Of course there are quite a few jag games made with the pro controller in mind and can be set up specifically for using all 5 new buttons or maybe just take advantage of the shoulder buttons as mentioned above. Most say on the box if they are pro compatible, but a few games only mention it in the instructions.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:36 PM, madman said:

Technically, any Jaguar game works with the Pro Controller, as the additional buttons map to existing buttons on the keypad. The L/R shoulder buttons map to 4 and 6 respectively while Z, Y and X map to 7, 8 and 9.

45 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

Any game that makes use of the keypad buttons 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9 benefits from a pro controller since 4&6 and 7, 8, 9 are mapped to the extra buttons.

Thanks for your feedback, unfortunately I cannot update my original post with your valuable input.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2019 at 8:29 PM, Movement1957 said:

How much will these pro controllers cost about? Also does anyone make like a Brooks to ps3 adapter for the jag. I have one for my neo geo and my turbografx and they work great

I haven't seen a direct wired controller adapter yet, but there is a Bluetooth adapter that lets you use a DualShock4 (and others) wirelessly on Jaguar:
https://stoneagegamer.com/jag-bt-bluetooth-controller-adapter-for-the-atari-jaguar-humble-bazooka.html

The mapping I use for a DualShock 4 on Jaguar is here:
https://forums.atariage.com/topic/226894-total-carnage-pro-controller-compatibility/page/2/#comment-5205335

• 11 months later...