IGNORED

Crescent Memories - Jaguar Homebrew Announcement & Teaser Trailer

BitJag

Any new ifno on this or upcoming ETA? This looks very promising!

Thanks for your interest!

Flappy McFur is nearly rebuilt. We need to get SFX and music back in place, and I want to rework the scoring system to accommodate high score charts in the game which will hopefully be saved to an EEPROM (a few details on why we needed to rebuild Flappy are in a previous post). Other than this there are some graphic assets that still need to be tackled in Odd-It Will Be Watching and some gameplay ideas that we would like to test in Odd-Ball. These present a clear path forward for us but there are a few things that we want to do that prevent us from giving a solid release date.

EEPROM support needs to be added. This is a new thing for us and may take some time to get implemented. But we will seek help from the great well of wisdom and knowledgeable individuals on this forum to move this forward as fast as possible and to do it right. Thank you to those who have helped us with this already, dreams are coming true because of these people.

Along with EEPROM support, we want to get rotary support implemented in Odd-Ball as well. These two things are the biggest chunks left to bite off, and time spent play testing is variable depending on what changes need to be made.

We are working with Albert on getting this physically produced through AtariAge, and we want to make sure it is a solid and attractive release for him and for everyone. This is our priority.

About a week ago I posted a Q1 release window, this is still our goal. We will make sure to update everyone if this changes. Thanks for your support and patience!

• Like 7

Will you be putting in an Old Gits mode? I find the original Flappy brutally difficult!

:-D Sorry, but we won't be making too many adjustments from our original release in terms of the general difficulty of dodging pipes. This is because making the game any easier seems to bore play testers. My guess is that if the player has to spend less time focusing on dodging pipes, the tend to focus on their score. Watching your score go up 1 point at a time for ~40 minutes gets old pretty fast. This game has the odd effect of making people want push just a little bit further each time, because of it's difficulty. We understand that not everyone reacts this way though and our compromise for these player is the pipe score multiplier.

In the original release, on some play modes, when you collected a coin it would increase a multiplier that would effect how many points were added to the pipe score. We are making this a more general option that you can toggle on/off from the options menu, and will now apply to all play modes. This doesn't decrease how hard it is to doge the pipes, but it does reduce the amount of pipes you potentially need to dodge in order to reach 999 pipe points. This forces the player to still need to practice to get past pipes consistently, but also gives the player hope that they can finish the game by passing just 100 pipes, instead of 999 pipes. This also essentially creates two different types of play for the four different play modes. Endurance (no multiplier) and Speed Run (with multiplier).

The high score lists for each game mode will list whether or not the high score winner had the coin multiplier option toggled on or off, and total time spent during the round (until death or if you win the game). We are still working out how we want to organize these high score lists, as the multiplier does throw a wrench into who should be above who on the list. We will probably just end up splitting the high scores into two sets of lists. Those who had the multiplier on, and those that had it off. Then under those two categories list the high scores for each play mode. I will be tackling this in the next couple days along with some EEPROM stuff as well.

• Like 2

EEPROM support needs to be added. This is a new thing for us and may take some time to get implemented. But we will seek help from the great well of wisdom and knowledgeable individuals on this forum to move this forward as fast as possible and to do it right. Thank you to those who have helped us with this already, dreams are coming true because of these people.

Along with EEPROM support, we want to get rotary support implemented in Odd-Ball as well. These two things are the biggest chunks left to bite off, and time spent play testing is variable depending on what changes need to be made.

For EEPROM support, you can find some info here (look at the comments inside the .s file):

https://www.jagware.org/index.php?/topic/1031-up-to-date-eeproms/

And for rotary support:

https://www.jagware.org/index.php?/topic/822-joypads-teamtaps-and-other-controllers/&tab=comments#comment-11629

I have written some DSP code to support rotary ; ask if you need it.

• Like 3

For EEPROM support, you can find some info here (look at the comments inside the .s file):

https://www.jagware.org/index.php?/topic/1031-up-to-date-eeproms/

And for rotary support:

https://www.jagware.org/index.php?/topic/822-joypads-teamtaps-and-other-controllers/&tab=comments#comment-11629

I have written some DSP code to support rotary ; ask if you need it.

Thank you for the references and support! I will start tackling these things within the next week.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
11 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

Any news on this? I've been salivating for Odd-It Will Be Watching since October 16th, 2018 ;)

Long overdue for an update.  Thanks for the nudge.

Most of the programming work before play testing is complete at this point (there will be more after the play testers start).  After re-programming Flappy McFur and Odd-It from the ground up, there are still a few gameplay polishes found in the older versions of those games that still need to be added into these rebuilt versions.  The reason for the reprogramming of both of these games was that there were problems with combining all three games into a single ROM. Poorly written code was the main culprit.  I have learned allot over the last few years, so it felt prudent to start from scratch on both of these to solve the problems I was running into. This ended up feeling like the correct course when I implemented some eeprom stuff later on for Flappy McFur (Highscore tables!).

I have rotary support in Odd-Ball, but there is a visual glitch that I can't resolve after setting the PIT.  I reached out to several people for help on this, and the problem has stumped me for quite a few hours, but still no solution to this bug. So, I am planning on doing a post in the programming section of the forum sometime in the future to seek help from the community in general.  There is a lot of talent here, I guess I should leverage it a bit more.

With most of the programming out of the way, I have approached the heavy workload of visual assets for Odd-It Will Be Watching.  There is ton to be done, and to be honest probably a bit more than there needs to be. I am taking this game as an opportunity to build small portfolio of sprite work for future goals.  So at least the extra visual assets will be good for me, and I am hoping they will enrich the experience for players as well.

Work is steady, but taking much longer than anticipated.  So, to help satiate those who are eager for these games, and to even get a bit of feedback, here are a few close to finished shots for the pre-title introduction scene.

cTtE

Ifcu

jJWd

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...