IGNORED

Atari CEO interview on Fox business channel on U-tube

fabman99

That is pretty interesting indeed. He also made mention of the VCS there I noticed-- probably the first time the new VCS console has been mentioned on a major television news network.

During the past couple months I swayed back and forth between feeling good about the VCS, then feeling skeptical about the VCS, and then feeling okay about it. It's kind of a wild ride really. In the end, I'm just hoping they manage to ship an actual system to everybody, even if it's a total flop. If it can do that much, then it makes for a fascinating device in Atari's history at the very least.

Edited by Lodmot

We don't get to see Chesnais speak English very often. I thought it was pretty silly that they kept talking about Fortnite (to the point of putting it on the screen behind Fred) at the same time they were saying that Atari could never mount a production like that, and that Pong is what people should expect. Ah well, it's a financial show and the main point was that the new symbol, PONGF, is on the US Exchange now. The stock price didn't change one way or another after this announcement.

Lod, I think you'll get your system, and you'll be able to have some Basic Fun with it. I don't find it fascinating, but different people like different things. :-) A person can get a similar effect right now by installing Ubuntu onto an old PC, then running Atari Vault from Steam.

• Like 4

Is he trying to unload the IP and cash out? How much stock is he retaining*?

It might be worth AT&T's time to sift through some pocket change and buy up the company and merge it with WB Games' Midway IP. Then all Atari IP would be unified under one roof again... well, except for Battlezone and Math Grand Prix.

*I bet the Amigans wished Bill McWhatever would do the same thing...

Edited by Lynxpro