IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

This is just a press release teaser, but I'll answer whatever limited questions I can!

Press release: https://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2018/10/17/atgames-and-the-tetris-company-announce-iconic-puzzle-game-tetris-featured-in-legends-flashback-console-and-upcoming-legends-ultimate-home-arcade/

Value-Priced High Definition Console and Upcoming Home Arcade Machine Will Feature Legendary Video Games, Including Tetris®

Los Angeles – October 17, 2018 - AtGames® Digital Media Inc., a leader in interactive entertainment products, and The Tetris Company, LLC, purveyors of one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world, today announced that they have expanded their agreement to include the iconic puzzle game Tetris® as one of the featured games in the new, full-size Legends Ultimate Home Arcade machine, which comes with an unprecedented 400 built-in games. This product will join the Legends Flashback console, which is available at major retailers everywhere, and features 50 built-in games, including Tetris.

“These new products offer families and gamers everywhere a selection of the best classic games from the top publishers and brands,” says Dr. Ping-Kang Hsiung, CEO of AtGames. “We’re thrilled that The Tetris Company and their iconic game, Tetris, are a key part of these exciting products.”

The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features 400 built-in arcade and home games, including Tetris and other legends from iconic publishers. As a full-sized home arcade machine, the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade offers a gameplay experience like no other. Each game plays just like at the arcade thanks to an authentic control panel that features a matching set of premium joysticks and six buttons for two player fun, as well as a professional trackball controller. The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players on the same great machine. The built-in software is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

The Legends Flashback console features Tetris as one of 50 built-in arcade and home games, which have become legendary thanks to their timeless fun and endless replay value. Other games include such hits as Galaga, 1942, BurgerTime, Dig Dug, Ghouls ‘n Ghosts, Mega Man, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, and so much more! Other impressive features of the Legends Flashback include high definition 720p video output with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep. Two ergonomic six button gamepads are included for one or two player action.

“We’re excited to have the iconic game of Tetris included in the incredible classic games lineups showcased in the Legends Flashback console and upcoming Legends Ultimate Home Arcade,” says Maya Rogers, President and CEO of Blue Planet Software, Inc., sole agent for the Tetris brand.

“We think the intense, addictive gameplay that Tetris is known for by fans worldwide will be a great fit for these premium console and home arcade offerings.”

About AtGames:

AtGames Digital Media Inc. (http://www.atgames.net) is a leader in innovative consumer-oriented interactive entertainment products. The company leverages the latest technology to develop and publish its best-selling classic videogame products for worldwide distribution. AtGames is based in Los Angeles, with international offices in Taipei and Shenzhen.

About the Tetris® Brand:

The Tetris® brand is one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world. Now entering its 35th anniversary year, the brand continues to be loved globally by people of all ages and all cultures. Billions of Tetris games are played online every year, and over 500 million Tetris mobile games have been downloaded to date. The Tetris brand’s global licensee network includes major video game publishers, including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sega, and Sony/GSN Games, as well as many partners in electronics, toys, apparel, lifestyle goods, entertainment and more. Tetris Holding, LLC is the owner of Tetris rights worldwide, and The Tetris Company, LLC is its exclusive licensee. For the latest information about the Tetris® brand and Tetris® products, please visit www.tetris.com.

Become a fan of Tetris on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Tetris) and follow Tetris on Twitter (@Tetris_Official) and Instagram (@Tetris_Official).

Media Contacts

pr@atgames.net (AtGames)

Andrea Sausedo Piotraszewski (on behalf of the Tetris brand)
andrea@zebrapartners.net

• Like 5

"Value priced"

Talk turkey with me Goose. What's the number.

"As a full-sized home arcade machine"

What is "full size"?

"....which comes with an unprecedented 400 built-in games"

You know we all wants to see that games list.

"The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players"

Excellent touch.

Really like to see a picture and some numbers Bill. I'm already more interested in this than the 1up ones.

• Like 5

It's just a tease for now. More features will be revealed (a lot more features). Full-size means exactly that. Dimensions will be unveiled going forward. Tons of arcade games, as well as tons of home games.

Well...consider me teased.

Will look forward to the dimensions.....is this a DIY kit a la 1up, I assume?

So far as more features...sure hope those premium joysticks and the like will be easily accessible and re-wireable for whatever else one might want to put in that cabinet to hook to them fancy hdmi inputs.

Any hope of pre-Xmas release?

(also...you're good to respect the forum guidelines but to me this should be in General Gaming with the 1up thread....)

Well...consider me teased.

Will look forward to the dimensions.....is this a DIY kit a la 1up, I assume?

So far as more features...sure hope those premium joysticks and the like will be easily accessible and re-wireable for whatever else one might want to put in that cabinet to hook to them fancy hdmi inputs.

Any hope of pre-Xmas release?

(also...you're good to respect the forum guidelines but to me this should be in General Gaming with the 1up thread....)

Most of that is either a "yes" or "even better than that." Details will definitely follow soon.

And yes, I wasn't sure where the heck to post this topic. If any admin wants to move it, that's fine with me.

• Like 1

Despite my reservations about this company in general, I'm intrigued and interested. The Arcade 1UP's are of dubious quality ( Tempest spinner getting stuck seems a common complaint) so Atgames has a chance to really up their game here and 1UP (pun intended) the competition.

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 1

"Value priced"

Talk turkey with me Goose. What's the number.

"As a full-sized home arcade machine"

What is "full size"?

"....which comes with an unprecedented 400 built-in games"

You know we all wants to see that games list.

"The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players"

Excellent touch.

Really like to see a picture and some numbers Bill. I'm already more interested in this than the 1up ones.

Watch out that 2 separate consoles are named:

The Valure-Priced is the Legends Flashback (Tetris and 50 games)

the text also uses the word Premium, and that is for the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (the one with 2 joysticks, 1 trackball, an embedded 21" LCD, 400+ games .... likely as big as a Pandora dual stick setup with the LCD screen in bartop configuration or maybe something around this size

prime-arcades-621-games-in-1-bar-top-arc

Actually a 19" 400:1 is on Alibaba as a reference for dimensions:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Mini-Arcade-Game-Machine-19-LCD_1936342005.html

Mini-Arcade-Game-Machine-19-LCD-Uptight.

But then again full size may just mean full cabinet size base and all ... and that means another 4/4-1/2 feet of case under those bartops above.

• Like 1

Watch out that 2 separate consoles are named:

The Valure-Priced is the Legends Flashback (Tetris and 50 games)

the text also uses the word Premium, and that is for the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (the one with 2 joysticks, 1 trackball, an embedded 21" LCD, 400+ games .... likely as big as a Pandora dual stick setup with the LCD screen in bartop configuration or maybe something around this size

Reading the release, it seems the Legends Flashback is an actual console, and the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade is...an arcade. It indeed does tell me to watch out for two separate things.

A barcade IMO would never qualify as "full size" and I doubt Bill would describe a barcade as a full size arcade. We'll just have to wait and see.

If he's speaking full size, then you're into what was considered that back in the day with either the cabaret or the stock standard 6ft tall beast with the big screen in it. It would weigh a decent amount but easily still lifted with a dolly due to the width and depth. LCDs weigh nothing compared to a CRT when you're talking 20 plus inches. My 25" inside my Neo Geo makes the thing annoyingly more heavy than a full sized pinball machine while you can cart a LCD screen of that size around under one arm.

I do wonder what the expense here will be. I've been off and on trying to source a space to get a 5:4 style LCD for my cabinet in the future, and if you get into the over 20" stuff no one but EIZO seems to make them square or close to square and they want like a grand for the things which is disgusting. I capped out at a 19" for my cocktail when I had to replace the missing panel when I got that freebie about a year ago and I went from sub $30 to that over an inch.

• Like 2

Reading the release, it seems the Legends Flashback is an actual console, and the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade is...an arcade. It indeed does tell me to watch out for two separate things.

A barcade IMO would never qualify as "full size" and I doubt Bill would describe a barcade as a full size arcade. We'll just have to wait and see.

It's a full-size, upright arcade machine. The Legends Flashback is the console that's already out. It just shares the "Legends" branding, but is completely different otherwise.

It's a full-size, upright arcade machine. The Legends Flashback is the console that's already out. It just shares the "Legends" branding, but is completely different otherwise.

I may be getting really picky here before knowing any more details, but since I like what I have heard so far....I really hope this thing isn't covered in crappy multi-cade art with a crappy multicade marquee. Or it that's what it comes with, that stuff can be easily replaced/not applied in the first place. I hate multicade art like that. Mappy and Ryu don't belong in the same side art. :lol:

• Like 2

I may be getting really picky here before knowing any more details, but since I like what I have heard so far....I really hope this thing isn't covered in crappy multi-cade art with a crappy multicade marquee. Or it that's what it comes with, that stuff can be easily replaced/not applied in the first place. I hate multicade art like that. Mappy and Ryu don't belong in the same side art. :lol:

Mappy and Ryu are close friends.

• Like 3