IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

To keep with yes/no questions:

Does the arcade model use the same "guts" as the console?

Same emulation?

I probably shouldn't say, but it is indeed its own unique, more powerful platform. I'll try to say more when more info is actually revealed, but it shouldn't be underpowered in any way.

• Like 2

At this point, anything will be better than the 1up arcade fiasco with their cabinets.

later

Really? You do know this is an AtGames system, right? Between the shoddy emulation and the blatant lying/scamming recently I think Ill stay well clear.

Bill, you really ought to distance yourself from that company.

• Like 1

Really? You do know this is an AtGames system, right? Between the shoddy emulation and the blatant lying/scamming recently I think Ill stay well clear.

Bill, you really ought to distance yourself from that company.

i will take anything AT games puts out anyday, over anything from 1up.

----

broken emulation

broken controllers

cheap controllers

cheap graphics

graphics that don't last

flimsy cabinets

cabinets that won't hold up over time

etc

that said, i'm a sucker, and will get the pac-man cabinet, flaws and all.

i'm sure this AT games cabinet will have flaws also. but if they are even 10% close

to what they are advertising, it will still be a better deal than 1up arcade units.

later

Edited by negative1

Interesting,. Id only seen positive reviews of the 1up Arcade cabinets. Thanks for sharing. I think Ill make my own cabinet instead. Haha.

Yeah, I dont know what it is about AtGames - I know each console will probably be shit but I still always hold out a tiny bit of hope that it wont be. Why? It could be because the Atari Flashback units are pretty decent. But this Legends console - again, awful emulation. I really wish theyd get it right. I was onboard to buy the Genesis Flashback... but then the reviews came out...

Edited by MantaNZ

Asking for a friend, will there be Metal Slug?

You're kidding right? SNK just released a mini version of their japanese style blue/white cabinet in Japan and another Int'l version for the US and elsewhere with 40 games, and that tabletop can run into a TV with a cable and use a pair of controllers too. Unless someone gutted that, and hacked it to run the video and buttons out to something more arcade size like the A1Up I don't see that happening. They'd feel like they're competing against themselves.

<quoted reply deleted>

I work for the company. That's well-established. I try to provide insights into what is going on. If you don't want to believe what actually happened, you obviously don't have to. I understand it's much more fun to be provocative and shout "scam," and call names and curse and act like this is the worst thing ever.

It's also perfectly normal for companies to block people on social media outlets like Twitter, and for far lesser indiscretions than the reasons they're being blocked by AtGames. No one has a right to a specific type of access unless you're a government official. All that blocking on Twitter means is that they're not allowed to tweet referencing the specific account, nor can they see any of our content while being logged in with that account. That's a perfectly reasonable response for crossing a line. Your comment here is a great example of not wanting to have reasonable discourse.

• Like 7

I may be getting really picky here before knowing any more details, but since I like what I have heard so far....I really hope this thing isn't covered in crappy multi-cade art with a crappy multicade marquee. Or it that's what it comes with, that stuff can be easily replaced/not applied in the first place. I hate multicade art like that. Mappy and Ryu don't belong in the same side art. :lol:

Hear hear.

You can barely replicate a 30 year console. This, though really cool in concept, seems a little out of your realm of capability. All of the controllers for EVERYTHING have been complete shit. Now Im gonna trust an expensive set up where precise controls are needed......And your name is on it.

Hard Pass.

• Like 1

Hear hear.

There was a crowd selling cabinets here in NZ with Street Fighter II on the marquee and for some reason Kratos from God of War was on it. Seriously these guys have no idea. They just google "game character with muscles" it seems.

EDIT: It seems they're still using the same art. Um... Street Fighter, eh? AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE 16:9 SCREEN! lol.

888535620.jpg

PLEASE don't do this AtGames :D

Edited by MantaNZ

Thinking about it I'm kinda interested now too. If the cabinet is solid is doesn't matter if the emulation sucks as you'd be able to mod it with your own hardware. If the emulation is good - bonus! Certainly strikes me as more useful than a 3/4 sized unit. Shipping to New Zealand would be killer though.

Also these new cabinets are a great way of showing kids how games used to be played. It's an awesome way of keeping the history of videogames alive.

But yeah, please no multi art! Lol.

• Like 1