IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

Forget about the spinner (user added) - the Hotrod layout I think is pretty good generically speaking. It fits in a normal arcade cabinet setup vs the X-Arcade stuff which is really wide.

I agree. I do like the layout for the several different controls on the control panel, so I think we're good there. It is tough when you have more than two types of controls on there, but with a two player control panel, there is just enough room to comfortably sneak in a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I do like the layout for the several different controls on the control panel, so I think we're good there. It is tough when you have more than two types of controls on there, but with a two player control panel, there is just enough room to comfortably sneak in a bit more.

Is it safe to assume it will be out by the summer?

Is it safe to assume it will be out by the summer?

Pre-orders and complete details should be well before then, actual release likely just a bit after that. We're still finalizing various partnership and content deals, etc., and considering additional variations, etc., so that could certainly change, but that's what we're tracking to at the moment.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Press Release: AtGames Digital Media Inc. has announced that iconic video games from Disney and Lucasfilm will be featured in their upcoming products

Fans can expect classic games from beloved properties like Disney’s Donald Duck, Tron, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ The Jungle Book, The Lion King and Wreck-It Ralph, as well as games from Lucasfilm’s legendary Star Wars games portfolio. The games will appear on AtGames products including the full-size Legends Ultimate Home Arcade machine, Blast! family plug-n-play micro-console and wireless controller bundles, retro consoles, and portables. More details, including pricing, full game lineup and availability will be announced soon.

The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features more than 250 built-in arcade and home games, including a range of classic Disney and Star Wars game properties and other legends from iconic publishers. As a full-sized home arcade machine, the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade offers a gameplay experience like no other. Each game plays just like at the arcade thanks to an authentic control panel that features a matching set of premium joysticks and six buttons for two player fun, a trackball controller, and a built-in, low latency, high definition LCD. The built-in software is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

The Blast! series of plug-n-play micro-console and wireless controller bundles feature a curated selection of classic titles unique to each model. Every Blast! includes high definition video output, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

“These new products offer families everywhere a way to experience some of the greatest classic Disney and Star Wars games in unique ways,” says Dr. Ping-Kang Hsiung, CEO of AtGames. “We’re delighted that Disney and Lucasfilm’s iconic properties are a key part of this exciting line-up of family-friendly products.”

• Like 4

That's a great license to have, and I'm sure it wasn't easy. So now the ultra-classic Tron arcade game might be on your Ultimate Home Arcade? Very nice!!!

One might also think of the Atari Star Wars arcade games, but it's hard to imagine how they might be playable using standard arcade controls. Perhaps using a trackball might be acceptable (if not ideal.)

Looking forward to hearing more details about this product!

• Like 1

That's a great license to have, and I'm sure it wasn't easy. So now the ultra-classic Tron arcade game might be on your Ultimate Home Arcade? Very nice!!!

One might also think of the Atari Star Wars arcade games, but it's hard to imagine how they might be playable using standard arcade controls. Perhaps using a trackball might be acceptable (if not ideal.)

Looking forward to hearing more details about this product!

Yeah, it's definitely a good one and opens up a lot of possibilities. There are still some unannounced controls on the control panel, but no flight stick like on the Star Wars arcade game, obviously.

• Like 1

that sounds very promising. a very powerful combination of licenses that have lots of classics.

will be interesting to see the actual titles.

why is the number of titles reduced from 400 down to 250 though.

i know it says more than, but thats a strange way of putting it.

later

Edited by negative1

that sounds very promising. a very powerful combination of licenses that have lots of classics.will be interesting to see the actual titles.why is the number of titles reduced from 400 down to 250 though.i know it says more than, but thats a strange way of putting it.later-1

250 games is plenty. Sometimes less is more...

Will there be a way to favor which games appear near the top of the playable list or at least a representation of games "recently played"?

The software and interface are being designed with considerable flexibility and configuration in mind, yes.

First off, I just want to say that we'll have another partnership announcement soon. It will be another press release and will reveal a new hardware feature (one that I personally love, but think it will interest others on here as well).

Secondly, we were wondering about cabinet materials. Our designs to date have used the typical wood-based materials for the cabinet, but we were recently considering something a bit more radical in terms of a plastic housing. We'd love to know your thoughts on that. It could be mostly plastic housing, or, say the base wood and the upper part with the monitor plastic (although I'd want extra care taken with matching the look up).

And although this is not the most attractive example, what do you think of an arcade unit that has less "wasted space," especially up top, like this one?

• Like 2

The slim form factor looks nice to me. They don't HAVE to have a giant boxy footprint in these days of flat screens -- so long as it's stable and sturdy and doesn't tip over. That Etsy link looks like it would need to be fastened to the wall.

Any plans for a cocktail table? That would have a higher Spousal Acceptance Factor at my house.

• Like 1

<snip>
And although this is not the most attractive example, what do you think of an arcade unit that has less "wasted space," especially up top, like this one?

That is a great idea in my opinion... I would not care how "deep" it was if it had the look and feel of the full size arcade cabinet. Lord knows I'm out of space in the game room.

Even the 1-Up cabinets at WalMart didn't really bother me with their 3/4 sizing or so. I am 6'2, so the height is of course and issue, but sitting was no problem. After a few minutes of Galaga, I occurred to me that the screen was full size though the cabinet was not... excellent. Then I thought about all those dimly lit arcades I played in over the years, and how great this screen looked even in the bright conditions of the store lighting. Other than the sound being a bit fast, the emulation was excellent for the short time I played.

I intend to buy this product unless something extreme pops up about it I don't care for. Not having the time to build my own, I have "almost" bought a full size arcade machine for years now.

Can't wait to see where this goes.

MrBlackCat

• Like 1

Why not try a design with metal feet? Two reinforced 'L' brackets could form the base, then put the controls and monitor on it. Or consider the design of the 'C' shaped stands you get for some (musical) keyboards as a base.

There are a lot of options that could greatly reduce the shipping volume and still require minimal assembly by the customer.

Press Release: AtGames Announces Atari Games Included in Upcoming ‘Legends Ultimate Home Arcade’ Machine

Full-Size Home Arcade Machine Will Feature Legendary Video Games, Including Atari Favorites

PRESS RELEASE UPDATED: FEB 21, 2019 06:00 PST

LOS ANGELES, February 21, 2019 (Newswire.com) – AtGames® Digital Media Inc., a leader in interactive entertainment products, today announced additional details about the upcoming Legends Ultimate Home Arcade machine, which comes with more than 250 built-in games. Among the many legendary games that will appear on this full-size home arcade unit is a large selection of Atari’s classic arcade and home video games. These favorite games can be enjoyed from the authentic arcade-style control panel, which includes two joysticks, six action buttons per player, a high-performance trackball and two spinners. The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade will take limited pre-orders at favorite retailers starting July 2019.

“This new full-size home arcade machine offers amazing play and features,” says Dr. Ping-Kang Hsiung, CEO of AtGames. “A product like this simply wouldn’t be complete without featuring Atari’s legendary arcade and home classics as part of its extensive game lineup.”

The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features more than 250 built-in arcade and home video games from Atari and other iconic publishers, including Atari legends like Breakout®, Centipede®, Crystal Castles®, Liberator®, Millipede®, Missile Command® and Warlords®. It offers a gameplay experience just like being at the arcade thanks to the machine’s authentic controls, including a high-performance trackball controller and two spinners for the ultimate in precision.

Meanwhile, the software powering the home arcade is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering options, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep. Additional features and extended functionality are still to be revealed.

About AtGames:

AtGames Digital Media Inc. (http://www.atgames.net) is a leader in innovative consumer-oriented interactive entertainment products. The company leverages the latest technology to develop and publish its best-selling classic videogame products for worldwide distribution. AtGames is based in Los Angeles, with international offices in Taipei and Shenzhen.

Source: AtGames Digital Media Inc.

• Like 3

Is it possible the joystick will have a fire button. I wouldn't think playing Tron would be possible without one.

Noted, but unlikely. As of now, the full complement is what's in the press release, i.e., two joysticks, two sets of six action buttons, two spinners, and a trackball. That's what will have to be intelligently mapped to to make a particular game work.

• Like 3

Why not try a design with metal feet? Two reinforced 'L' brackets could form the base, then put the controls and monitor on it. Or consider the design of the 'C' shaped stands you get for some (musical) keyboards as a base.

There are a lot of options that could greatly reduce the shipping volume and still require minimal assembly by the customer.

I can't get into too many details, but the design right now requires minimal assembly as a cabinet-style setup, so there are no worries in that regard. While we're not restricted by any traditional design cues per se, I do personally think we'd lose some of the raw appeal of having a "real" arcade machine at home if it wasn't more or less recognizable in the classic sense, i.e., cabinet versus pedestal or something else a bit more out there. We're definitely still open to all ideas at this point and your feedback will definitely be passed on, though (thanks).