IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

Hi Bill,

Any chance you may be releasing a book covering the arcade games in the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade unit? It would be a nice fit next to your Vintage Games and Vintage Game Consoles books!

It would be a fun book, but there's nothing in the planning and our previous publishing partner, Prima Games, is closing shop. I do have a completely unrelated book coming out in July, which is keeping me busy due to a completely bonkers and aggressive schedule, but I doubt many people around here would be too interested in it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It would be a fun book, but there's nothing in the planning and our previous publishing partner, Prima Games, is closing shop. I do have a completely unrelated book coming out in July, which is keeping me busy due to a completely bonkers and aggressive schedule, but I doubt many people around here would be too interested in it.

any updates????

any updates????

All good, all on track. I'm not sure when the next round of updates will be that will reveal the additional hardware/software features. Right now, we're tweaking the control panel, moving certain elements at times by a few millimeters to get the optimal placement for everything.

• Like 2

All good, all on track. I'm not sure when the next round of updates will be that will reveal the additional hardware/software features. Right now, we're tweaking the control panel, moving certain elements at times by a few millimeters to get the optimal placement for everything.

If you need any additional QA testers, let us know. I'm sure we would have no problem signing NDAs... :)

Arcade1Up put together a decent product, but when they shipped out review units almost every single reviewer on Youtube gave a :thumbsdown: for the trackball, spinner and other things that were pretty easy to resolve. I am hoping the AtGames doesn't go through that process.

If you need any additional QA testers, let us know. I'm sure we would have no problem signing NDAs... :)

Arcade1Up put together a decent product, but when they shipped out review units almost every single reviewer on Youtube gave a :thumbsdown: for the trackball, spinner and other things that were pretty easy to resolve. I am hoping the AtGames doesn't go through that process.

if they're using arcade quality parts, that won't be a problem.

which they said they are.

later

• Like 1

Don't be so sure... some of us read things other than vintage computers :D

• Like 2

Don't be so sure... some of us read things other than vintage computers :D

Oh, I don't doubt that, but I didn't want to clutter up the thread. This one is Fortnite For Dummies, out in July: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1119606101/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=armcharcad-20&linkId=4300e01ae73d6c7747b2bf452790b2b0&_encoding=UTF8&tag=armcharcad-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=731f399bdff6e5679b95198b5290a832&camp=1789&creative=9325

• Like 2

<sarcasm> I thought that Fortnite was for dummies, what did I miss? </sarcasm>

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm... I wonder if anyone else checks this thread EVERY day... I really want to see what comes of this. I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger on the 1-UP consoles. I don't have time to custom build a Pi machine right now, so this COULD be great. We shall see... unlike the AtariBox, which we shall not see.

MrBlackCat

Hmm... I wonder if anyone else checks this thread EVERY day... I really want to see what comes of this. I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger on the 1-UP consoles. I don't have time to custom build a Pi machine right now, so this COULD be great. We shall see... unlike the AtariBox, which we shall not see.

MrBlackCat

I'm sitting back from a lot of this stuff atm because the MiSTer project is going to surpass everything we currently have IMO.

I'm sitting back from a lot of this stuff atm because the MiSTer project is going to surpass everything we currently have IMO.

I doubt it, they have a long way to go, especially with the arcade cores.

Only a few work, compared to the full MAME.

also, its too complicated for most people.

most people just want it to work, and dont care about accuracy.

later

I know it's been publicly quiet, but we'll have more info about the machines and options soon enough. I think a lot of people will be surprised with how versatile this line of products is.

That makes it sound like there's more than one.

I was under the impression it was one cabinet.

later

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have room in my house for 1 standup machine.

My Wife just called me and was going to pick up the Arcade 1up Asteroids cab with 6 games on it. Major Havoc,Tempest,etc. for $199. at Costco.

I asked her to hold off because I want to wait to see what is offered here,hopefully a stand up with many more games than six most of all.

Patience is a virtue and I hope it pays off for me! :)

I have room in my house for 1 standup machine.

My Wife just called me and was going to pick up the Arcade 1up Asteroids cab with 6 games on it. Major Havoc,Tempest,etc. for $199. at Costco.

I asked her to hold off because I want to wait to see what is offered here,hopefully a stand up with many more games than six most of all.

Patience is a virtue and I hope it pays off for me! :)

Yes, lots of games and expandability. If you can only fit one, this will likely fit your needs the best. You can evaluate during the pre-order period in another few months.

• Like 1

Yes, lots of games and expandability. If you can only fit one, this will likely fit your needs the best. You can evaluate during the pre-order period in another few months.

Thank you for replying,this is most likely exactly what I have been looking and waiting for Arcade standup unit-wise! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Press Release: AtGames Announces the Legends Ultimate Arcade Machine

PRESS RELEASE

AtGames® Announces the Legends Ultimate Arcade Machine

Full-Size Arcade Machine Features Legendary Video Games, Cloud Connectivity, and other Amazing Features

Los Angeles – May 30, 2019 – AtGames® Digital Media Inc., a leader in interactive entertainment products today announced the Legends Ultimate arcade machine.

Among the hundreds of games that will appear on this full-size arcade unit is a large selection of classic arcade and home video games from licensors like Atari, ColecoVision, Data East, The Tetris Company, and more. Top game properties include Asteroids, BurgerTime, Centipede, Fighter’s History, Pong, and Tetris®, to name just a few. These favorites can be enjoyed from the authentic arcade-style control panel, which includes two joysticks, six action buttons per player, a high-performance trackball, and two spinners.

Among the Legends Ultimate arcade’s many exciting features are a modern user interface, intuitive and customizable menu themes, network play, Internet connectivity, leaderboards, and cloud gaming streaming. The included ArcadeNet™ connectivity features free DLC, remote play, tournaments, subscription game library, and BYOG functionality, where you can access PC game libraries. The Legends Ultimate arcade is also expandable, with Bluetooth accessories, cabinet art, light guns, and more, making it the ultimate entertainment platform.

The Legends Ultimate arcade will take limited pre-orders at your favorite retailers starting July 2019. Additional product information will be announced during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2019 in June at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

About AtGames:

AtGames Digital Media Inc. (http://www.atgames.net) is a leader in innovative consumer oriented interactive entertainment products. The company leverages the latest technology to develop and publish its best-selling classic videogame products for worldwide distribution. AtGames is based in Los Angeles, with international offices in Taipei and Shenzhen.

Legends Ultimate(™) is a trademark of AtGames Digital Media Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Tetris ® & © 1985~2019 Tetris Holding.

Media Contact

pr@atgames.net

D75iavhWwAIQDrO.jpg

• Like 2

Ars Technica's Kyle Orland has a nice new post about our upcoming Legends Ultimate arcade machine. There is some good info in there that will answer some of your questions. More info to come!

http://ow.ly/kxic50utW3P

D76TfVIWkAA4F0j.jpg

Perfect, that was just the price range that I liked, and it has great features.

Hope this becomes a huge hit.

Let's see how this works out.

later

Looks good so far! I wasn't expecting the online capabilities. An expandable library sounds great - any word on the pricing for that? And there will be online multiplayer? Will there be a built-in chat functionality as well? I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

• Like 1