IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

2 minutes ago, negative1 said:

System update:

later

https://www.atgames.net/arcades/release-notes/

Known Issues

– Pressing during APL pairing hangs the the system, need to power cycle for recovery

Highlights

– Enabled in-game aspect ratio change (build-in and locally-executable games only)

– Fixed unresponsive input after exiting add-on games

– Introduced Content Restriction (build-in games only)

Game

– Added SAVE/LOAD/REWIND function to the following games

Adventure

Centipede (Arcade)

Tempest (Arcade)

Breakout (2600)

Heavy Barrel

Peter Pepper’s Ice Cream Factory

Terranean

Tetris Plus 2

Miscellaneous

– APL Pairing UI update

– General performance and stability improvements

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

$599 @ Walmart?  Not going to sell many that way.

$499 at Costco if you have a membership.

I can understand the price scare though, and being an old man on a fixed income it was a tough pill to swallow. You can always wait, the price will likely drop. Look at the A1UPs, many are finding deals on those. That said, the $600 WallyWorld price is twice that of two regularly priced A1Ups. There's more than twice the value in the Legends Ultimate, much more, in my humble opinion of course.

5 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

$499 at Costco if you have a membership.

... You can always wait, the price will likely drop. Look at the A1UPs, many are finding deals on those. 

I will say these are not equivalent to the Arcade1Up situation in regards to what can sometimes be found with those in terms of deals versus their usual price (e.g., $75 at Walmart versus $299). There's simply not that type of room to drop (not even close), which, as an owner yourself, I think you can see why (much higher quality parts, more features, etc.). The Sam's Club version (not Costco) is the way to go if you're looking for a deal for the foreseeable future. 

We'll continue to do our best to produce enough units to meet demand, but it looks like it will be tough to do even that for some time. 

6 hours ago, negative1 said:

System update:

later

This a pretty cool feature. There's a video on the tube of a guy showing how using the right MAME core gives better (not perfect) sound on Donkey Kong. But man, look at that whacked out screen. It's around the 5:30 mark...

Here are some pics I took using the new "Pixel Perfect" mode. It's far from perfect, but it's an improvement I think.

Before...

iA2ukvtl.jpg

After...

CASnFYCl.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skeeter said:

This a pretty cool feature. There's a video on the tube of a guy showing how using the right MAME core gives better (not perfect) sound on Donkey Kong. But man, look at that whacked out screen. It's around the 5:30 mark...

Nice job on showing the aspect and bezels.

On the previous page, i posted that video too:

later

On 11/13/2019 at 5:14 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

We'll continue to do our best to produce enough units to meet demand, but it looks like it will be tough to do even that for some time. 

It's good to hear that these seem to be selling well (at least as expected for AtGames). My biggest holdup has been concern that not enough people will buy them and AtGames will abandon some of the BYOG and ArcadeNet features. 

18 hours ago, bmadgames said:

It's good to hear that these seem to be selling well (at least as expected for AtGames). My biggest holdup has been concern that not enough people will buy them and AtGames will abandon some of the BYOG and ArcadeNet features. 

Nothing can really be abandoned in that way. While it's true that the service portions of BYOG and ArcadeNet could go away as with any online features from any company, those features are replicated in other ways that are not dependent upon a service being active. For instance, you can add games via USB or stream locally from your own PC on your own network.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NE146 said:

I just realized I went to a Sams Club yesterday and didn't see this anywhere. Where is it usually?

It varies by store. It's supposed to be in the holiday/toys section, just before the books and stuff, closer to the front of the store. You'll usually find it near the Arcade1Up stuff (usually the Pac-Man cocktail cabinet). Most stores are supposed to have at least one on display, but they sometimes sell those too (even though they're not supposed to). Sometimes, though, it's stowed in random aisles (when I got mine, it was at the highest shelf in aisle 15, which was the paper goods). If you want one, it's best to ask at the courtesy desk and have them give you a specific aisle. For the most part, though, since the stores only get a handful at a time, they've been selling out quite fast, which could also be why you didn't see it at your particular store. 

The 3.0.8 firmware is out for the Legends Ultimate.

For the Legends Ultimate arcade machine, here's the link to the firmware notes:  https://www.atgames.net/arcades/release-notes/

You can download the local streaming Windows application here: https://www.atgames.net/arcadenet/byog

Finally, there's an update for the 2019 Legends Flashback console that improves the UI and also makes APL work better (the direct connection to the arcade cabinet): https://firmwareupdate.atgames.net/registration

3.08 was basically my wish list! Just played a couple SF V matches via the local streaming and its basically locked at 60fps! Now I need to mount a couple extra arcade sticks to the sides for 4 player... I tried a generic usb fight stick and a Pandoras box via usb, both work on windows but not on the arcade. Anyone try other fight sticks? If I pick up some new ones, any that supports xbox one/ps4 should work right? 

12 hours ago, SoonerDoc said:

Anyone know of a way to be able to use the two joysticks for dual stick shooters like robotron, smash tv or total carnage? Would be great to use player two stick for shooting rather than player 1 buttons. 

thanks

For now anyway, there's no way to remap controls for this so you're stuck there. Hopefully, they'll give us a way to do it in a future update to the addon tool. I'm hoping for this and sample support and then the addon tool will be better than it is right now. Which as is, the best feature on the ALU IMHO.

Not arcade, but try Williams Arcade Hits for the Genesis. It's pretty good, totally playable with dual sticks on the ALU, and easily added with the addon tool.

46 minutes ago, negative1 said:

Issues with the updates, and still charging for streaming:

and fixes:

later

To be fair, the countdown timer wasn't really taking away from your balance. So even though it was counting down, it didn't subtract from your total. It's already been fixed.

As for the other issue, yeah, that's a biggie, supposedly fixed now but I'll wait until more people actually try to uninstall it before thinking about trying it.

Yes, unfortunately in the rush to post the video, Ralph mentioned a few things that weren't true. Glad to see him correct it in the subsequent video.

There was definitely an issue on some computers when trying to uninstall the software (and Ralph got a bad hit for his setup), but it appears like the new update has fixed any problems. It's unfortunate it went out with an issue for some people at first, but as you can imagine, even with a lab to test various configurations, with the ubiquity of Windows and the countless configurations out there, it's very difficult to account for every configuration.

The countdown timer, even though it does nothing when streaming locally, will be removed in next week's update, along with the usual bug fixes and feature-adds.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Professorpoptart said:

New suggestion, is there a way to save the menu settings on remote session so it persists controller and FPS/latency display settings? Would be nice not to have to turn it off every time I connect. 

It should be active by Monday, but we're setting up a arcadeideas@atgames.net email address to start to consolidate all of the suggestions going forward.

Hey Bill,

What is Atgames view on rooting/jailbreaking the LUA? I was able to get to a root shell and was going to share some of my findings over in the subreddit, but then saw you here.

[root@HA8800-xxxxxx:/download/addon/AddOn_Root.uce/BYOG]# whoami

root

[root@HA8800-xxxxxx:/download/addon/AddOn_Root.uce/BYOG]# uname -a

Linux HA8800-xxxxxx 4.4.159 #2 SMP Tue Oct 29 19:13:55 CST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

[root@HA8800-xxxxxx:/download/addon/AddOn_Root.uce/BYOG]# md5sum /etc/shadow

8093e34a153112d0fd6d5bdd3786ff2b /etc/shadow

[root@HA8800-xxxxxx:/download/addon/AddOn_Root.uce/BYOG]# md5sum /root/.ssh/authorized_keys

1846b9cd7270d2b2ef59ac5457eb8805 /root/.ssh/authorized_keys

The Add On system and SDK provide most of the functionality most people would want, but it’s nice to have full control.

Loving the system so far and so do my kids.