IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

Been really impressed with the launch and development of this cabinet. I was on the fence before, but it's now on my "to buy" list, maybe after the holidays.

At one point there was talk of magnetically attached alternate side art. Not completely sure that I'm remembering right about the magnetic attachment, but I definitely recall talk of side art options. Is that still in the works?

Also, it would be nice to have replacement art for the front as well. Not fond of the list of games along the front. FWIW, I feel the same way about the Arcade1ups.

Edited by TapperP
edit

Extremely happy with my cabinet so far. It's such a weird feeling walking into my room and having a full-sized arcade finally.

Honestly, I bought the cabinet mostly for MAME and love that AtGames is open minded about the unit being used for open development. That said, I've noticed a few bugs with the AddOn Tool and wondering if anyone has any workarounds or know if these will be fixed. I'm unclear if this is a fan making this add-on or someone connected with AtGames

- I've noticed some games are cut off at the bottom no matter which display mode is set.

- Pixel perfect looks a little off to me. Is this truly pixel perfect or is it a bit stretched due to the LCD vs. CRT not having perfect square pixels?

- Samples for games like Donkey Kong. Could the tool be updated to add sample files or will newer versions of the MAME core be possible?

- Button mappings and menu settings are not being saved. After setting your buttons and display preferences, after closing the game, the mappings are lost. It's my understanding that there inside the UCE file for mappings. Is this something that can be written to and fixed to save button mappings at the very least?

Thanks!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TapperP said:

Been really impressed with the launch and development of this cabinet. I was on the fence before, but it's now on my "to buy" list, maybe after the holidays.

At one point there was talk of magnetically attached alternate side art. Not completely sure that I'm remembering right about the magnetic attachment, but I definitely recall talk of side art options. Is that still in the works?

Also, it would be nice to have replacement art for the front as well. Not fond of the list of games along the front. FWIW, I feel the same way about the Arcade1ups.

Thankfully the back of the front panel is black so I simply reversed it. Now I have a perfectly black front. It might look a little plain but I think it looks great and closer to an actual arcade unit minus the coin slot. A simple hack to make the cabinet look better.

Speaking of side art, I'd love a fake coin slot sticker to put on the front.

Edited by dcx4610

21 hours ago, dcx4610 said:

Thankfully the back of the front panel is black so I simply reversed it. Now I have a perfectly black front. It might look a little plain but I think it looks great and closer to an actual arcade unit minus the coin slot. A simple hack to make the cabinet look better.

Speaking of side art, I'd love a fake coin slot sticker to put on the front.

Ah, that's a great and simple solution. Plain black would be preferable IMO. A coin slot sticker is interesting; here's one that might be just right: https://www.recroommasters.com/Coin-Door-Decal-For-Xtension-Arcade-p/rm-xt-coindecal.htm

RM-XT-CoinDecal-2T.jpg

7 hours ago, TF14 said:

Boogie2988 reviews the Legends Ultimate...

Thanks for an awesome review.   Got my cabinet from Sams and really like it so far.   Totally new to MAMEs and ROMs.   Can you (or anyone) point me to an FAQ or How to on how to get the add-on tool, MAME emulator, a good memory stick, etc.  Please excuse my total newness to all of this.

I would love to have a real coin slot that actually works, just for gags when people come over and I tell them they need to put a quarter in to play. I'm sure something like that must exist in general; it doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to take a real coin catcher and rig up the wiring so it works like the real thing, while still just letting you play without it if you want.

11 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I would love to have a real coin slot that actually works, just for gags when people come over and I tell them they need to put a quarter in to play. I'm sure something like that must exist in general; it doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to take a real coin catcher and rig up the wiring so it works like the real thing, while still just letting you play without it if you want.

i don't think anyone has done it for atgames, there are many coin slot mods for arcade 1up,

i'm sure you could modify it to work also.

23 minutes ago, S1500 said:

I would like LESS artwork on the cabinets.Plastering artwork from 20 different games makes it look cluttered. I like minimal. 

so, turn it around.

later

The Sam's Club version is the same cabinet as the Walmart, correct?

No difference aside from the included Blast etc. and price difference?

I'm seriously considering getting one this weekend from Sam's Club. I will have to pay for a membership, but the sale makes up for that difference.

Edited by TapperP

38 minutes ago, TapperP said:

The Sam's Club version is the same cabinet as the Walmart, correct?

No difference aside from the included Blast etc. and price difference?

I'm seriously considering getting one this weekend from Sam's Club. I will have to pay for a membership, but the sale makes up for that difference.

They're exactly the same exact for slight cosmetic differences, including slight differences in measurements: https://www.atgames.net/arcades/features/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

They're exactly the same exact for slight cosmetic differences, including slight differences in measurements: https://www.atgames.net/arcades/features/

Thanks, Bill.

I'm just curious, why is the Sam's Club version an inch+ deeper? It's not a big deal, of course, and clearly Sam's Club has the best price.

41 minutes ago, TapperP said:

Thanks, Bill.

I'm just curious, why is the Sam's Club version an inch+ deeper? It's not a big deal, of course, and clearly Sam's Club has the best price.

Retailer stock room requirements. Otherwise, they really are identical.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah my wife looked for one for me for Christmas but couldn't find one either. Seems like they can't keep up with demand, which is both good and bad. Both Wal-Mart and Sam's Club have even removed the ETA's from their web sites (I can't remember if both had them, but at least one did). And AtGames' own site also just shows out of stock.

Just gonna guess, because it's the only thing that explains it, but there must be certain components that they're waiting on from other suppliers. Otherwise I don't see why they wouldn't just be building these continuously right now.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Yeah my wife looked for one for me for Christmas but couldn't find one either. Seems like they can't keep up with demand, which is both good and bad. Both Wal-Mart and Sam's Club have even removed the ETA's from their web sites (I can't remember if both had them, but at least one did). And AtGames' own site also just shows out of stock.

Just gonna guess, because it's the only thing that explains it, but there must be certain components that they're waiting on from other suppliers. Otherwise I don't see why they wouldn't just be building these continuously right now.

We'll continue to resupply both samsclub.com and walmart.com. Since Sam's Club is event-based for large items, we'll re-supply the stores at their next event in 2020 (circa Q2). We're producing these as fast as we can, but as soon as they go up, they sell out. Hopefully production can catch up (+) at some point in 2020.