IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

On 1/28/2020 at 6:51 AM, Skeeter said:

Hey @Bill Loguidice any news on when sample support is coming for the Windows AddOn Tool?

On 1/29/2020 at 2:17 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

I'll have an answer once everyone is back from Chinese New Year.

Not the addon tool, but it's been added to a modified mame 2003+ core now and works beautifully on Windows.

3 hours ago, TF14 said:

Things are getting interesting... PDubs Arcade Loft modded an Arcade1Up into an AtGames Legends Ultimate...

For those who have Facebook and are on the fan page, I ran a poll about some options: https://www.facebook.com/groups/457437778352096/permalink/643435709752301/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Did I make a mistake? Why the :? Is this not the thread for AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade ? Was that video not related somehow? 

I've not been following but this vid seems related in that the Home Arcade allows some interaction with the MiSTER? 

I wasn't sure what you were getting at. To answer your question, yes, you can plug other devices into the Legends Ultimate home arcade machine via its leftmost USB port. Many people use PCs, but MISTER, and, coming this week, Raspberry Pi's, can be controlled from the full control panel. That's in addition to connecting over Bluetooth should you alternatively want to do that. Whether connecting other devices over USB or Bluetooth, it's then simply a matter of plugging their video output into one of the HDMI ports on the Legends Ultimate, then you can do everything directly from the arcade machine.

All of the above is in addition to the built-in games, games you can play from your own USB stick, AtGames' consoles/Blasts, games you can stream from your own internal network from your own PC, and games you can stream from your own virtual PC on the AtGames cloud server. Only the latter has a fee.

(and yes, that's just a small fraction of the feature-set/options of/with the machine)

Edited by Bill Loguidice
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I wasn't sure what you were getting at.

All I was getting at was sharing a video I had just seen that I thought might convey some info relevant to the topic. Nothing more, nothing less. I figured the  video would speak for itself. I found it interesting and thought others might as well, that is why I didn't understand your quizzical emoji. ? You gave me the impression I had posted something that did not belong and it surprised me. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

1 hour ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

All I was getting at was sharing a video I had just seen that I thought might convey some info relevant to the topic. Nothing more, nothing less. I figured the  video would speak for itself. I found it interesting and thought others might as well, that is why I didn't understand your quizzical emoji. ? You gave me the impression I had posted something that did not belong and it surprised me. 

I didn't get your emoji in context. All you had there was an emoji, so I asked about with an emoji.

• Haha 1

Hey Bill.. unrelated but this surprised me the other day. My 10 year old child was playing Fortnight, and he pulls up what I assume is his friends list, and this shows up! :lol: What up wit dat?

509896435_2020-03-0618_48_36.thumb.jpg.5be9611745847345ed74101894f2d042.jpg

I'm good with it of course.. just thought it was funny/coincidental. Small internet!

24 minutes ago, NE146 said:

Hey Bill.. unrelated but this surprised me the other day. My 10 year old child was playing Fortnight, and he pulls up what I assume is his friends list, and this shows up! :lol: What up wit dat?

509896435_2020-03-0618_48_36.thumb.jpg.5be9611745847345ed74101894f2d042.jpg

I'm good with it of course.. just thought it was funny/coincidental. Small internet!

Maybe he added me from the book I wrote, Fortnite For Dummies, or maybe it was just a coincidence? I don't actively seek friends to add, but if someone wants to add me, I almost always accept regardless of service. If he knows why we're friends on there, shoot me a PM. Just curious.

You know, when I was writing the book and the game was in Chapter 1 (I wrote it around the time of Chapter 1, Season 8), I had minimal time to play. Ever since Chapter 2 hit, though (and long after the book), I got more hardcore into it. I'm still a mediocre player (because I'm old and slow), but Chapter 2, with its spy theme and select improvements, has been much more fun. I've tried to put time into it every other day or so, mostly to complete missions and other objectives towards the Battle Pass.

--
Anyway, to get back to the topic, today's firmware update for the Legends Ultimate is going to be one of the late day release ones, so it will hit in the latter part of the evening Pacific Time today. There's some exciting new features in this week's update, and there's more to come in that regard for next week's update, so definitely keep an eye out!

4 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Anyway, to get back to the topic, today's firmware update for the Legends Ultimate is going to be one of the late day release ones, so it will hit in the latter part of the evening Pacific Time today. There's some exciting new features in this week's update, and there's more to come in that regard for next week's update, so definitely keep an eye out!

I do not understand the push for weekly updates. Don't get me wrong, the added features are nice but it feels like someone on the "team" thinks that if a Wednesday update is missed that's a bad thing. No need to rush. ?

2 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

I do not understand the push for weekly updates. Don't get me wrong, the added features are nice but it feels like someone on the "team" thinks that if a Wednesday update is missed that's a bad thing. No need to rush. ?

If we can pull it off, why not? You can choose not to update for whatever reason. Even not counting tonight's update and next week's update, the cabinet is unrecognizable feature-wise (in the best way possible) from launch. We've always called it a platform, and modern platforms evolve. And future products in this line-up, like the Legends Gamer and some of the as-yet-unannounced products, will also benefit greatly from the foundation that the Legends Ultimate provides.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

If we can pull it off, why not? You can choose not to update for whatever reason. Even not counting tonight's update and next week's update, the cabinet is unrecognizable feature-wise (in the best way possible) from launch. We've always called it a platform, and modern platforms evolve. And future products in this line-up, like the Legends Gamer and some of the as-yet-unannounced products, will also benefit greatly from the foundation that the Legends Ultimate provides.

Yeah, that's fine. But while you're adding features on a regular basis how about fixing some of the nagging bugs that some of these features introduce? Those seem to get overlooked sometimes in the push to add more.

26 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

Yeah, that's fine. But while you're adding features on a regular basis how about fixing some of the nagging bugs that some of these features introduce? Those seem to get overlooked sometimes in the push to add more.

I'm not sure about nagging bugs, but there also bug fixes and optimizations in each update.

16 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I'm not sure about nagging bugs, but there also bug fixes and optimizations in each update.

Things like random disconnects from arcadenet, which for some reason is needed to local stream. This happened around 4.0.0 I guess, and it's still there. The arcadenetlink app is a buggy mess. Yes, it no longer bricks computers if you try to uninstall but it also is needed to local stream. And when the session is over the only way to quit the app is to force quit.

You're absolutely right, I can choose not to upgrade and I usually do just that. I learned my lesson months ago to take a wait and see approach to the weekly updates. I was in beta and still communicate with some that still are. They give me a head's up at what's coming and what to look for. I'm not a youtube influencer so I can afford to not only sing the praises when it's due, but sing the blues when things break.

Look, I love my ALU but all I'm saying is I wish they'd spend as much time fixing things that need it as they do pushing out new features. Add as many features as you like, I may even use some and it's always nice to have options. I just don't see the need to do it on a weekly basis, there's no rush.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well after months of searching, I finally got one! So far I'm really enjoying it, and I haven't yet really explored even half of what it can do. I've just been playing the built-in games plus starting to add on some of my own via USB with the Addon Tool. There are some relatively minor nits to pick as with anything that tries to do so many things, but it seems to do most things well and I'm really happy I got it. Really impressed with it overall. I know some people are super-critical about stuff like this, but I think it's a pretty good mix of modern functionality and nostalgia.

• Like 1