IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

10 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Well after months of searching, I finally got one! So far I'm really enjoying it, and I haven't yet really explored even half of what it can do. I've just been playing the built-in games plus starting to add on some of my own via USB with the Addon Tool. There are some relatively minor nits to pick as with anything that tries to do so many things, but it seems to do most things well and I'm really happy I got it. Really impressed with it overall. I know some people are super-critical about stuff like this, but I think it's a pretty good mix of modern functionality and nostalgia.

Glad you like it. Recent firmware updates added light gun (AimTrak) and live streaming support.

34 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I would absolutely love to try the light gun support, but those AimTrak guns seem really hard to come by for anything close to a decent price.

They aren't cheap to be sure, but they are very high quality. On the plus side, besides native support on the Legends Ultimate now, it also works natively on the PC and PS2/PS3, so it's at least pretty versatile.

2 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Hi Bill,

Any chance Sam's Club will get the Ultimate Arcade machine anytime soon?

I see walmart has them, but I want the $100 off and the extras.  

However, if Sam's is not going to restock, It would be nice to know so I don't miss out again.

Thanks!

Samsclub.com, Walmart.com, and the AtGames website will continue to see stock. More retailers are coming as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Hi Bill,

Any chance Sam's Club will get the Ultimate Arcade machine anytime soon?

I see walmart has them, but I want the $100 off and the extras.  

Just keep in mind that unless you have a Sam's Club membership already, the total cost ends up being about the same. (I think the difference was $10 all said and done when I checked.) 

13 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Just keep in mind that unless you have a Sam's Club membership already, the total cost ends up being about the same. (I think the difference was $10 all said and done when I checked.) 

Yup...  Have a membership and the closest location is a tax free.  But if I have it shipped a few miles... 6.25% more. 

Does the Legends Ultimate now play Donkey Kong with all of the sounds (using any of the ways to bring a game/emulator). Let's exclude using a Raspberry Pi or cloud options.

Way back when the Legends Ultimate shipped, there were examples of the DK sounds not rendering but that was many firmware releases back. Thanks!

Edited by TF14

2 hours ago, TF14 said:

Does the Legends Ultimate now play Donkey Kong with all of the sounds (using any of the ways to bring a game/emulator). Let's exclude using a Raspberry Pi or cloud options.

Way back when the Legends Ultimate shipped, there were examples of the DK sounds not rendering but that was many firmware releases back. Thanks!

The answer is yes, but that has nothing to do with the firmware. It's up to the packager to use or design the right emulation core and use the right ROM, etc. For instance, there has been recent community work on Amiga, C-64, Apple II, Odyssey2, etc., cores. That was always possible regardless of firmware, just no one has gotten around to building the packages with properly mapped controls, etc. And there have been updates to various MAME cores too, including one that enables light gun support. In that case, that was only held up until we added light gun support on the cabinet.

Edited by Bill Loguidice
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, slab0meat said:

Looking into getting one ASAP and the info here is a LOT to go through, so I apologize..   is it worth getting a protection plan added on?  Or "probably" not necessary?

I know there's no right answer, just looking for opinions.

Thanks

Protection plans for more expensive items are generally a good idea, especially since they're usually a modest percentage of the asking price like they are with the Legends Ultimate. With that said, as long as you have your receipt from an authorized retailer (at this time Sam's Club, Walmart, or the AtGames website), you have full warranty coverage through AtGames for 30 days. There have been cases where we've worked with people beyond that time period for certain failures or issues, but the full coverage period is 30 days. Usually, though, if there's going to be an issue, it will happen when first powering on the cabinet (and in that case, it's often as simple as a cable coming loose in shipping). 

• Like 1

Finally got a chance to order one after my wife got a Sam's Club membership.  Mine is coming on the 23rd.  Ironically, Walmart just got them in stock and dropped the price!  I'm just excited to finally have one, even though I have no idea where I'm going to put it!

• Like 1

I ordered mine the other day through Walmart and received it yesterday.  And put it together yesterday, and played a few games.  Very very nice.

Now I need to read more about it and what I can do with it.

I also need to contact Walmart to try and get the $100 refund on the difference..

52 minutes ago, slab0meat said:

I ordered mine the other day through Walmart and received it yesterday.  And put it together yesterday, and played a few games.  Very very nice.

Now I need to read more about it and what I can do with it.

I also need to contact Walmart to try and get the $100 refund on the difference..

Join the fan and tutorial pages on Facebook. Those are great resources to learn all the features and possibilities.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/457437778352096/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/461109044569274/

There is also now an ongoing series of educational videos from Doug Cooltoy Smith if you happen to follow him on YouTube.

I was watching a few videos about the AddOn tool and adding games on a USB stick.  I got my test games to build correctly.  The Legends Ultimate screen shows I have a stick connected but the AddOn words never show up like in the videos.  Firmware is up to date, if that info helps.

11 hours ago, slab0meat said:

I was watching a few videos about the AddOn tool and adding games on a USB stick.  I got my test games to build correctly.  The Legends Ultimate screen shows I have a stick connected but the AddOn words never show up like in the videos.  Firmware is up to date, if that info helps.

Several firmware updates back it was moved under BYOG. Once your USB stick is read, look there. You can put your games in folders now too, which helps. I like alphabetical folder groupings.

15 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Several firmware updates back it was moved under BYOG. Once your USB stick is read, look there. You can put your games in folders now too, which helps. I like alphabetical folder groupings.

Thank you.  I figured that out last night (I hadn't read this reply yet).. I updated firmware again, then tried the stick, then found it under BYOG.

Forgive the repetition, as I'm sure it's been asked... can the games be put on the LU permanently, or do I need a USB stick each time?

7 hours ago, slab0meat said:

Thank you.  I figured that out last night (I hadn't read this reply yet).. I updated firmware again, then tried the stick, then found it under BYOG.

Forgive the repetition, as I'm sure it's been asked... can the games be put on the LU permanently, or do I need a USB stick each time?

There's not much internal storage, so it will always be external access via USB stick.

• Like 1