IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

There's another gameplay video for those who are members of the unofficial "The AtGames Global Fan Page" on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/457437778352096/permalink/460061334756407/

And another video on social media:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1136034648054816768

• Like 2

Hadn't noticed it before, but the Red Cross symbol on the parachutists in the recent Arcade Archives release of Time Pilot indeed is gone. Just a plain white parachute.

Yes, for the switch, you're right. The DS version has it, and there were versions for PS1 and 2, I believe, that did. Some of the older ports like ColecoVision didn't have the graphics to show that much detail, so the entire guy is just a solid color, and the really bad 2600 version didn't have the parachuter guys as I recall.

Some speculation and news:

later

A fair analysis.
I "love" how he said that "most" people mod their Arcade1Up cabinets. It's easy to fall into that trap of a vocal minority of people on the Internet being "most" people. I suspect the majority of Arcade1Up cabinets are left as-is.
  • Like 3

Interview with ATgames spokesperson at 33 min mark:

Janice Ross from AtGames gives us the details on the latest entry into the home arcade marketplace, The Legends Ultimate Arcade Machine and how it's going to make a splash with gamers this fall. For more info and pre-ordering (come July) stop by ATGames.net.

there will be multiple 'star wars' titles on there, but no confirmation of which ones.

no confirmation on which type of controls are being used either.

no details about the smaller version either.

no retailers named either.

no preorder information or links either.

most likely out in the Fall.

stay tuned.

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 2

A fair analysis.
I "love" how he said that "most" people mod their Arcade1Up cabinets. It's easy to fall into that trap of a vocal minority of people on the Internet being "most" people. I suspect the majority of Arcade1Up cabinets are left as-is.

I suspect that those that do mod are the ones that stick with the machines and companies longer than others. The average person outside of communities like AA, who doesn't mod, has probably already forgotten about it and it sits in a corner unused or is in the process of being fodder for the next yard sale. When I asked the clerk at our local walmart if they had any more he said they stopped carrying them as they weren't selling. Of course here in Canada they're a lot more than in the US so I suspect that is part of it. Makes me wonder what Atgames Canadian MSRP will be, if it will even be sold here at all.

I suspect that those that do mod are the ones that stick with the machines and companies longer than others. The average person outside of communities like AA, who doesn't mod, has probably already forgotten about it and it sits in a corner unused or is in the process of being fodder for the next yard sale. When I asked the clerk at our local walmart if they had any more he said they stopped carrying them as they weren't selling. Of course here in Canada they're a lot more than in the US so I suspect that is part of it. Makes me wonder what Atgames Canadian MSRP will be, if it will even be sold here at all.

Some sort of additional customs costs incurred? You would think they'd be willing to price their Canadian lineup as a loss leader for the prestige of being able to say that they're "hot in Canada."

I'm not sure that modders are a great customer base. It's not like they would necessarily specifically give the company any more money once they mod an A1U cabinet into a multi-cade. I think the ones who don't mod and maybe get bored after a while (as with anything) might buy the next cabinet that strikes their fancy and maybe sell the previous one at a garage sale or something (or give it away or whatever).

As for AtGames and Canada, we're launching in the US this year, with other territories to follow.

• Like 2

Do any retailers have plans to have a demo unit setup in the store? That would be very interesting to see the line :)

Also regarding Arcade1Up's, except for the Mortal Kombat their cabinets are all single player. The fulll Arcade1Up cabinet is looking really good with the space provided for 2 player games. Looking forward to the initial release of the games list!

*THIS IS MY SPECULATION PURELY

Based off the video, and obviously prior licences :

Atgames - Atari Arcade games

----------------------------

Arcade Games: 9 + 9 + 14 = 32

Black Widow (1982)

Centipede (1981)

Liberator (1981)

Lunar Lander (1979)

Millipede (1982)

Pong (1972)

Space Duel (1982)

Tempest (1981)

Warlords (1980)

Arcade Games:

Asteroids (1979)

Asteroids Deluxe (1981)

Crystal Castles (1983)

Gravitar (1982)

Major Havoc (1983)

Missile Command (1980)

Red Baron (1980)

Sprint 2 (1976)

Super Breakout (1978)

Avalanche (1978)

Baseball a.k.a. Atari Baseball (1979)

Basketball a.k.a. Atari Basketball (1979)

Canyon Bomber (1977)

Destroyer (1977)

Dominos (1977)

Fire Truck (1978)

Football a.k.a. Atari Football (1979)

Maze Invaders (1981)[lower-alpha 6]

Monte Carlo (1980)

Pool Shark (1977)

Sky Diver (1978)

Soccer a.k.a. Atari Soccer (1979)

Super Bug (1977)

Atgames - Home Flashback games (50)

1. 1942

2. Act-Fancer Cybernetick Hyper Weapon

3. Astro Fantasia

4. Bad Dudes vs. Dragon-ninja

5. Break Thru

6. BurgerTime

7. Burnin’ Rubber

8. Champions World Class Soccer

9. Cluster Buster

10. Commando

11. Crude Buster

12. Darwin 4078

13. Dig Dug

14. Disco No.1

15. Edward Randy, The Cliffhanger

16. Express Raider

17. Fighting Ice Hockey

18. Forgotten Worlds

19. Galaga

20. Ghouls ‘n Ghosts

21. Heavy Barrel

22. Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja

23. Joe & Mac Returns

24. Judge Dredd

25. Lock ‘n Chase

26. Mappy

27. Mega Man

28. Mega Man 2

29. Meikyu Hunter G

30. Phelious

31. Pirate Ship Higemaru

32. Pro Tennis

33. Pro Bowling

34. Rally-X

35. Rootin’ Tootin’

36. Scrum Try

37. Secret Agent/Sly Spy

38. Side Pocket

39. Shoot Out

40. Side Arms Hyper Dyne

41. Sky Kid

42. Street Fighter II: Champion Edition

43. Strider

44. Super Burger Time

45. Super Doubles Tennis

46. Super Pool III

47. Super Real Darwin

48. Terranean

49. Tetris

50. Tournament Pro Golf

------------

For atari consoles:

2600 - 41 games + 41 games + 20

Totals

-----------------------

Arcade - 82 games from Atari

- 50 from various

2600 - 102 games

5200 - 16 games

----------------

Totals - 250 games , which leaves about 100 more.

NOTE : Tetris and Tron (arcade) are there, and also thought I saw some SNK games.

I think there was Street Fighter 4 or 5, possibly from steam.

Fighters History - Data East

Wizard Fire

Wonder Planet

Tumble Pop

Zaviga

Zippy Bug

Valtric- Jaleco

Saint Dragon - Jaleco

Tetris plus 2 - Jaleco / Tetris Corp

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1