Bill Loguidice

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Hi Bill,

With the upcoming subscription service, is there the concept of "owning or buying" additional games at some point (this would be in addition to the 350 games included with the system). Thanks!

Hi Bill,

With the upcoming subscription service, is there the concept of "owning or buying" additional games at some point (this would be in addition to the 350 games included with the system). Thanks!

We'll explain it all in more detail, but basically you can stream, buy, or even access some of your own games in addition to what's going to come built-in. So, basically, lots of options. One big distinction with this machine is that it's going to be capable of playing more than just classic games should one so choose, this way you can take full advantage of the controls.

• Like 2

Spinners seem like they're in an awkward place too. Left handed spinner operation, hovering above the joystick. Hmm... probably the only decent compromise considering the design of the control panel. CP needs to be a little deeper, then you could place them to the bottom right of the buttons respectively.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:31 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

As for AtGames and Canada, we're launching in the US this year, with other territories to follow.

So there is a chance to see a release in Europe?

1 hour ago, Marc Oberhäuser said:

So there is a chance to see a release in Europe?

Yes, though I'm thinking it won't be this year.

On 6/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, save2600 said:

Spinners seem like they're in an awkward place too. Left handed spinner operation, hovering above the joystick. Hmm... probably the only decent compromise considering the design of the control panel. CP needs to be a little deeper, then you could place them to the bottom right of the buttons respectively.

We'll have a solution.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:29 PM, negative1 said:

This isn't good, asteroids with a Joystick, not sure what's going on with it:

To be fair, I didn't see anything suggesting you couldn't also steer the ship with the buttons.  (I actually prefer the joystick to steer the ship myself).  In fact, if I were setting up the control layout I'd make it possible to play with either one.

40 minutes ago, FifthPlayer said:

To be fair, I didn't see anything suggesting you couldn't also steer the ship with the buttons.  (I actually prefer the joystick to steer the ship myself).  In fact, if I were setting up the control layout I'd make it possible to play with either one.

True, but Asteroids has never had a joystick, it's a buttons only game. It should have been mapped properly to the buttons,

or you should be allowed to map your own buttons.

later

Edited by negative1

15 hours ago, negative1 said:

True, but Asteroids has never had a joystick, it's a buttons only game. It should have been mapped properly to the buttons,

or you should be allowed to map your own buttons.

I get what you're saying.  But the game may be mapped to the buttons AND the joystick simultaneously.  In the video the player uses one of the buttons to fire, but he never touches the other buttons.  It's quite likely the other buttons control the ship too.

Edited by FifthPlayer
  • Like 2

Constructive input.....the buttons seem to be way to noisy. I dunno what is being used there, but it sounds like the Ion Icade Core controller for the iPad. That thing had this high pitch spring twang to every button push such that I just chucked the darn thing. It was hugely annoying. 

3 hours ago, JBerel said:

Constructive input.....the buttons seem to be way to noisy. I dunno what is being used there, but it sounds like the Ion Icade Core controller for the iPad. That thing had this high pitch spring twang to every button push such that I just chucked the darn thing. It was hugely annoying. 

Replacing those buttons was the first hardware mod I ever did!

1 hour ago, Murder after Midnight said:

what day does the presell begin?

This month, along with additional details.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Magmavision2000 said:

I'm probably the 1000th person to say this but, us this full size by arcade1up standards (about 4 feet tall) or 1980s arcade standards 

1980s arcade standards. It's 66 inches tall.

• Like 3

Hi Bill - Should we expect a tiered pricing model for games that can be purchased from the Legend's Ultimate store? For example, a Atari 2600 game may cost less than an arcade game? Also, does the cabinet need to be constantly connected to the Internet (similar to how the Xbox One needed to be when it was originally launched)? Thanks!

You can access more games either from the digital store or streaming, including your existing PC libraries from Steam, Origin, etc. Pricing for all of that and other info will be revealed soon, since the pre-orders will be starting.

• Like 1