IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

Hi Bill,

With the upcoming subscription service, is there the concept of "owning or buying" additional games at some point (this would be in addition to the 350 games included with the system). Thanks!

We'll explain it all in more detail, but basically you can stream, buy, or even access some of your own games in addition to what's going to come built-in. So, basically, lots of options. One big distinction with this machine is that it's going to be capable of playing more than just classic games should one so choose, this way you can take full advantage of the controls.

• Like 2

Spinners seem like they're in an awkward place too. Left handed spinner operation, hovering above the joystick. Hmm... probably the only decent compromise considering the design of the control panel. CP needs to be a little deeper, then you could place them to the bottom right of the buttons respectively.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, save2600 said:

Spinners seem like they're in an awkward place too. Left handed spinner operation, hovering above the joystick. Hmm... probably the only decent compromise considering the design of the control panel. CP needs to be a little deeper, then you could place them to the bottom right of the buttons respectively.

We'll have a solution.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:29 PM, negative1 said:

This isn't good, asteroids with a Joystick, not sure what's going on with it:

To be fair, I didn't see anything suggesting you couldn't also steer the ship with the buttons.  (I actually prefer the joystick to steer the ship myself).  In fact, if I were setting up the control layout I'd make it possible to play with either one.

40 minutes ago, FifthPlayer said:

To be fair, I didn't see anything suggesting you couldn't also steer the ship with the buttons.  (I actually prefer the joystick to steer the ship myself).  In fact, if I were setting up the control layout I'd make it possible to play with either one.

True, but Asteroids has never had a joystick, it's a buttons only game. It should have been mapped properly to the buttons,

or you should be allowed to map your own buttons.

later

Edited by negative1

15 hours ago, negative1 said:

True, but Asteroids has never had a joystick, it's a buttons only game. It should have been mapped properly to the buttons,

or you should be allowed to map your own buttons.

I get what you're saying.  But the game may be mapped to the buttons AND the joystick simultaneously.  In the video the player uses one of the buttons to fire, but he never touches the other buttons.  It's quite likely the other buttons control the ship too.

Edited by FifthPlayer
  • Like 2

Constructive input.....the buttons seem to be way to noisy. I dunno what is being used there, but it sounds like the Ion Icade Core controller for the iPad. That thing had this high pitch spring twang to every button push such that I just chucked the darn thing. It was hugely annoying. 

3 hours ago, JBerel said:

Constructive input.....the buttons seem to be way to noisy. I dunno what is being used there, but it sounds like the Ion Icade Core controller for the iPad. That thing had this high pitch spring twang to every button push such that I just chucked the darn thing. It was hugely annoying. 

Replacing those buttons was the first hardware mod I ever did!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill - Should we expect a tiered pricing model for games that can be purchased from the Legend's Ultimate store? For example, a Atari 2600 game may cost less than an arcade game? Also, does the cabinet need to be constantly connected to the Internet (similar to how the Xbox One needed to be when it was originally launched)? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

Hey Bill... I haven't seen an update on the pre-orders.  Is there a news release?  This looks like an awesome idea and look forward to adding it to my game room.

There are going to be several big info announcements within the next few weeks, including pre-order details, so yes, getting very close now.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2019 at 8:16 AM, Bill Loguidice said:

There are going to be several big info announcements within the next few weeks, including pre-order details, so yes, getting very close now.

Hi Bill,

Can you include a FAQ with the next set of announcements that will cover the questions below:

* AT Games Store - How do purchases work (e.g., after a game is downloaded, does the unit need to be connected to the Internet to confirm licensing)

* Steam games - Is the underlying platform Linux or Windows based - needed to understand which Steam games will be compatible

* System Specs - Helpful to understand what games (e.g., Steam, Origin, etc.) will be able to run - includes memory, graphics card, etc.

* Windows - If the device is based on Windows 10, will ATGames keep managing/test the drivers at each new Windows 10 release (every 6 months)? This is important since drivers may need to be updated due to changes made to Windows 10.

Thanks!

On 8/4/2019 at 12:41 PM, TF14 said:

* Steam games - Is the underlying platform Linux or Windows based - needed to understand which Steam games will be compatible

Thanks!

I'm willing to bet it's Linux based, since AtGames would be able to avoid paying a licensing fee to Microsoft for each unit shipped.  Given all the other licensing fees they are paying out for the 350 included games, they would likely want to economize wherever they can.

• Like 1