IGNORED

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

Bill Loguidice

1 hour ago, 128Kgames said:

Bill that actually looks pretty good as does the price - question for you will there be any type of warehouse club release like with Sam's where the tabletop will have more games, features etc.? 

Nothing at this time that I'm aware of. The Gamer Pro for $199.99 until June 30 should be the best deal for quite a while. It should hit stores by the end of August, so you can definitely wait to see what the retailers come up with, but they haven't given us a heads-up on anything as of yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Nothing at this time that I'm aware of. The Gamer Pro for $199.99 until June 30 should be the best deal for quite a while. It should hit stores by the end of August, so you can definitely wait to see what the retailers come up with, but they haven't given us a heads-up on anything as of yet.

I have a question on the Gamer. I am completely new to arcade gaming and I think the Gamer or Ultimate will be a great way to start, so I am deciding between the two. I am leaning toward pulling the trigger on the Gamer since it is a bit cheaper, but I was watching a YouTube video discussing it and they were saying $199 is pricey for what you are getting. Is that really true?

To me, the price seems low as in I don't even think you could build your own stick with a Raspberry Pi for much less with decent controls.

Also, the reviews on the Ultimate seem to be very impressed with the quality. Can we expect the same quality on the Gamer?

I'm trying to find the catch here... Lol

25 minutes ago, bmadgames said:

I have a question on the Gamer. I am completely new to arcade gaming and I think the Gamer or Ultimate will be a great way to start, so I am deciding between the two. I am leaning toward pulling the trigger on the Gamer since it is a bit cheaper, but I was watching a YouTube video discussing it and they were saying $199 is pricey for what you are getting. Is that really true?

To me, the price seems low as in I don't even think you could build your own stick with a Raspberry Pi for much less with decent controls.

Also, the reviews on the Ultimate seem to be very impressed with the quality. Can we expect the same quality on the Gamer?

I'm trying to find the catch here... Lol

It's the same high quality as the Legends Ultimate. For those saying it's pricey for a streaming box that has 150 built-in licensed arcade and console games and supports ArcadeNet, BYOG, online leaderboards, streaming, etc., and comes bundled with a wireless arcade-style controller (that can be used with other devices) with two sets of joysticks, two sets of 8 buttons, two pairs of pinball buttons, and a trackball for just $199.99 ($249.99 after June 30), and says that's too much, I think they need to re-evaluate a few things. It's probably the same people who don't think the Legends Ultimate or Legends Pinball is a good value, even though they exceed anything else remotely in their price points.

2 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

It's the same high quality as the Legends Ultimate. For those saying it's pricey for a streaming box that has 150 built-in licensed arcade and console games and supports ArcadeNet, BYOG, online leaderboards, streaming, etc., and comes bundled with a wireless arcade-style controller (that can be used with other devices) with two sets of joysticks, two sets of 8 buttons, two pairs of pinball buttons, and a trackball for just $199.99 ($249.99 after June 30), and says that's too much, I think they need to re-evaluate a few things. It's probably the same people who don't think the Legends Ultimate or Legends Pinball is a good value, even though they exceed anything else remotely in their price points.

The Tankstick is $199 with basically the same controls. But that's all. No streaming box, no wireless, etc. So, given that, if the quality is similar between the tankstick and the Legends. The Legends is a good deal.

Is the "guts" the same as the cabinet? IOW, will it take all the same firmware updates and have the same features? If so, given the positive reviews on all of that, this is a proven "Good Deal"! 

16 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

The Tankstick is $199 with basically the same controls. But that's all. No streaming box, no wireless, etc. So, given that, if the quality is similar between the tankstick and the Legends. The Legends is a good deal.

Is the "guts" the same as the cabinet? IOW, will it take all the same firmware updates and have the same features? If so, given the positive reviews on all of that, this is a proven "Good Deal"! 

The smarts are in the streaming box, but yes, it's equivalent.

First party accessories for the Legends Ultimate are coming: 

To summarize, what’s incoming are a first party:

• Light Gun
  • Racing Wheel
  • Cabinet Skins
  • LCD Marquee
  • Pinball Kit
  • Trackball Kit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bmadgames said:

The only missing control from the Gamer are the spinners, right? Is there any way to add an external spinner

People are talking about adding spinners themselves, but we're not offering an official solution to do so. Spinners remain exclusive to the Legends Ultimate.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, toddtmw said:

The Tankstick is actually $179. I think the Legends Gamer Pro is going to be a good deal but I also think the two sticks are pretty different, and you can just prefer one over the other. The Tankstick uses "western" style controls all around and is going to have that Happ style arcade feel, including the cabinet itself. I would be extremely surprised if the Legends Gamer (regular and Pro) uses anything much different than what's in the Legends Ultimate, which is kind of a hybrid in terms of feel but uses a Chinese Sanwa knockoff stick combined with western-style modern microswitch buttons, with the whole thing being covered in a layer of acrylic and a plastic case (in the now-standardized Wal-Mart version). I don't think it's bad at all but it's definitely more modern and "Japanese" feel than the Tankstick, and the Legends Gamer Pro and non-Pro look basically like just variations on that Legends Ultimate design.

The point being I can see someone still just preferring the feel of the Tankstick. And not everyone really cares about streaming gaming; I personally don't, I just want to run stuff locally. I am interested in the Legends Gamer Pro to use with my PC as a basic arcade stick just like I would the Tankstick. So they are in direct competition; for some people they're equivalent in function but they're going to have a very different feel and it just depends on what you prefer, if you have a preference. I'm not really sure I do, as I've played a lot of arcade games from both regions over the years. And neither stick is really using the actual parts they're simulating the feel of, so I doubt one is better than the other in terms of quality. But I'm sure they're both good. I do like my Legends Ultimate control panel a lot, with the possible exception of the trackball. (But that's fixable, and probably won't be a problem on the Gamer Pro.)

Different topic but I am definitely excited about some of the accessories coming out for the ALU. Though what is the "Trackball kit" for a system that already comes with a trackball? Is it going to be an upgrade for the existing trackball?

Just to clarify, the Legends Gamer series works exactly the same as the Legends Ultimate, in that you can play the built-in games, add your own games via USB, and stream games a variety of ways, either locally from your own PC (a super popular option) or from our servers. That's all from the included streaming box. The included wireless two player arcade controller with built-in rechargeable battery is just that, a controller like the TankStick.

I will also add that the TankStick is solely wired. They have an awesome range of wired adapters to work with a variety of consoles (I have most of them), while ours "only" has wireless Bluetooth or USB connectivity. So there are pluses to both approaches. Not being tethered to any wires is a big plus in my opinion, but the value of that is dependent upon your room setup.

3 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Just to clarify, the Legends Gamer series works exactly the same as the Legends Ultimate, in that you can play the built-in games, add your own games via USB, and stream games a variety of ways, either locally from your own PC (a super popular option) or from our servers. That's all from the included streaming box. The included wireless two player arcade controller with built-in rechargeable battery is just that, a controller like the TankStick.

I will also add that the TankStick is solely wired. They have an awesome range of wired adapters to work with a variety of consoles (I have most of them), while ours "only" has wireless Bluetooth or USB connectivity. So there are pluses to both approaches. Not being tethered to any wires is a big plus in my opinion, but the value of that is dependent upon your room setup.

The ALU is somewhat compatible with some of the Blast and Boom consoles, correct? Is there the same compatibility with the Gamer?

2 hours ago, bmadgames said:

The ALU is somewhat compatible with some of the Blast and Boom consoles, correct? Is there the same compatibility with the Gamer?

You can see the full list of AtGames Blast! and plug and play consoles that are compatible with the Legends Ultimate arcade machine on the website. Basically, you plug them into the HDMI and USB ports on the control panel and then you can play the games on the arcade screen and with the arcade control panel. That's called APL (Arcade Play Link). Because of the way the Gamer is set up, it's not compatible with the APL feature.

20 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

You can see the full list of AtGames Blast! and plug and play consoles that are compatible with the Legends Ultimate arcade machine on the website. Basically, you plug them into the HDMI and USB ports on the control panel and then you can play the games on the arcade screen and with the arcade control panel. That's called APL (Arcade Play Link). Because of the way the Gamer is set up, it's not compatible with the APL feature.

Will the racing wheel and light gun be compatible with the Gamer?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, negative1 said:

Refresh of arcade legends, with bubble bobble, space invaders, and also the pinball kit built in:

later

It's just a running change for 2021, which is why it's a 1.1 version. There's not much different from the existing version.

10 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

Any chance of a Legends cab with a vertically-oriented screen in the future?

The Legends Gamer and Gamer Pro support vertical displays. The Legends Pinball machine has a vertical display as well. (All products in the arcade line support the same types of features as the Legends Ultimate.) In terms of the possibility of a dedicated arcade-style machine of some type with a dedicated vertical display, that may or may not happen, but definitely not for this year.

Edited by Bill Loguidice

1 minute ago, Bill Loguidice said:

The Legends Gamer and Gamer Pro support vertical displays. The Legends Pinball machine has a vertical display as well. In terms of the possibility of a dedicated arcade-style machine of some type with a dedicated vertical display, that may or may not happen, but definitely not for this year.

Okay, that's good to know. That's really cool, I think that a lot of bases are being covered by these products. Yeah, I think for a dedicated cabinet with a vertical display, I would be interested in a large screen and then displaying the bezel and marquee as an overlay on the screen. So I wouldn't imagine there would be an actual physical, built-in, lit-up marquee. I've seen a couple of custom cabinets like that and I thought they looked pretty good. But again, I don't really know if there would be demand for something like that mass-produced.

1 hour ago, Zoyous said:

Okay, that's good to know. That's really cool, I think that a lot of bases are being covered by these products. Yeah, I think for a dedicated cabinet with a vertical display, I would be interested in a large screen and then displaying the bezel and marquee as an overlay on the screen. So I wouldn't imagine there would be an actual physical, built-in, lit-up marquee. I've seen a couple of custom cabinets like that and I thought they looked pretty good. But again, I don't really know if there would be demand for something like that mass-produced.

The Legends Pinball might fit the bill for you. You have the main body as a 32 inch screen and the back screen as 14 inches. We'll have an add-on that attaches that give you a joystick and trackball. All of our products will also support the Pixelcade and an LCD marquee, although obviously individual game support will vary. The first version of the PixelcadeX app is due on the Legends Ultimate this week.

8 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

I'm definitely getting the pinball! I just hope there aren't delays, but I understand with everything going on there are a lot of factors that are hard to control.

We're still on target for early Q4, so that's good.

• Like 1