IGNORED

Harmony cart pricing change

batari

I see that there is now a ATARI UnoCart 2600 being offered that is slightly cheaper than the Harmony Encore SD cartridge. However according to the specs the Harmony Encore SD cartridge is a better product. The Harmony Encore SD cartridge has a USB port, can switch between PAL and NTSC with a firmware change (the UnoCart 2600 one needs to manually switch the jumper on the PC board for PAL/NTSC games). The Harmony Encore supports cartridge rom images up to 512KB and with a possible future firmware update would allow for games up to 32GB in size by paging in 512KB at a time from the 32GB SDHC card. However its my understanding that the UnoCART 2600 supports cartridges up to 256KB in size.

Edited by HDTV1080P

Doing some more comparisons, the Harmony Encore has a USB port, USB support chip, a separate 512k ram chip, and a 1MB eeprom chip. Because of the extra hardware, the prices are higher on the Harmony Encore. In addition, the UNOCART for the 2600 does not support DPC+ or CDF bank switching schemes.

To make the Harmony Encore cheaper in price then those extra chips would need to be removed. But then the product would no longer be a Harmony Encore product since it would have less features.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello one and all

I have had my Harmony encore since late October 2018 and has worked flawlessly. i am one satisfied and happy customer. It is amazing to be able to play so many games on original hardware that i could not possibly have played when i first bought my 2600 back in the early 80's. I am writing this to thank all involved producing and making available this great product.

• Like 4

On 10/31/2018 at 12:10 PM, carlsson said:

I just noticed this obsolete link still is floating around. It has your old pricing, while your current order form has the new pricing. I don't know if you'd make refunds for customers paying too much, but some customers not aware of the price drop might decide to not go ahead with the order.

https://harmony.atariage.com/Site/Order_Encore.html

@batari or whoever cares about the Harmony series: This old page above still exists with the old pricing, and is found by Google when you search for how to order the cartridges. People on Facebook still think it costs $85 - $100 and question why the Harmony costs twice as much as the Uno cart. What's worse is that if someone accepts the price, they seem to get to PayPal which charges them the old price. I don't know if you have methods for cashback to customers who overpaid, but you would most probably want to remove or redirect the old ordering page to the new page in order to not lose customers, if that is a matter.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, carlsson said:

@batari or whoever cares about the Harmony series: This old page above still exists with the old pricing, and is found by Google when you search for how to order the cartridges. People on Facebook still think it costs $85 - $100 and question why the Harmony costs twice as much as the Uno cart. What's worse is that if someone accepts the price, they seem to get to PayPal which charges them the old price. I don't know if you have methods for cashback to customers who overpaid, but you would most probably want to remove or redirect the old ordering page to the new page in order to not lose customers, if that is a matter.

I have been refunding the difference for those who order from the old page, which is pretty rare, but you are right, I will put in redirects to the new pricing.

The main reason Harmony costs more because it has USB connectivity on the board. I can't really make the price any lower because of that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...