IGNORED

CF7+ question.

DavidC

Hello, it's been awhile since I've had opportunity to use my TI. I have the cf7 and from what I remember, when booting up with extended basic it should default to the cf7 management screen, but it dosent. I tried OLD DSK1.CFMGR. I get a I/O error 50.

My TI does have the 32k expansion chip which I bought from a member on here, (the console itself) and the F18 mod also from here. But, like I mentioned it's been quite a while since I've powered it up. At least a year or two.

Is there a way to get the CF7 managment utility to run? It used to run from the start. I must be doing something wrong.

My cf7 does not have the 32k chip.

I did call unmount(1).

Call mount (1,1)

In regular basic. Then I quit and rebooted to extended basic, still did not work.

UNMOUNT(1) will also mount VOL 1 at DSK1, as will UNMOUNT(2) mount VOL 2 at DSK2, as will UNMOUNT(3) mount VOL3 at DSK3. It is more likely that the LOAD file on VOL 1 has been deleted or trashed, so you need to verify the contents of the CF card. FK's TI99DIR on a PC will do this quite well. If you have the Edit Assembler module you can try loading CFMGR with option 5.

I'm assuming the 32k would be in the blue socket, it never had one. It's a early version of the cf7. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I also just notice from the photo that yours appears to be identical to mine except for the 32K chip, and the CF card appears to be mounted backwards to mine, but more likely the CF card adapter may be installed backwards. Have you removed it at anytime?

Bill

I also just notice from the photo that yours appears to be identical to mine except for the 32K chip, and the CF card appears to be mounted backwards to mine, but more likely the CF card adapter may be installed backwards. Have you removed it at anytime?

Bill

No, I don't mess around with things I don't understand. I never took it apart or anything. It worked fine until recently...a year or two in storage. That's it.

Something must have corrupted the flash drive card. Probably my own stupidity. How can I repair it? Bring it back? I know I will lose everything on it, but for my own sanity I want it to work as intended.

You can format VOL 1 with CALL FORMAT(1), but you have no way to reload the original programs without more special software tools. Maybe someone can just send you a preloaded CF card if you provide your address?

No, I don't mess around with things I don't understand. I never took it apart or anything. It worked fine until recently...a year or two in storage. That's it.

Therefore, it is most likely that the CF card is corrupted, as that is something that does happen from time to time depending on the brand and capacity.

You can format VOL 1 with CALL FORMAT(1), but you have no way to reload the original programs without more special software tools. Maybe someone can just send you a preloaded CF card if you provide your address?

I will happily and gladly pay shipping and handling and time spent for a reformatted card that brings my cf7 and my TI back to normal. Please?

32mb. SanDisk shoot and share card

I have a 32MB CF card, but it's a Kingston. I'm sure it's the original that came with my CF7A+ side car, and it does work as I recall, but I will check it out tomorrow. I don't use the CF7A+ much as I also have 3 x NanoPEB units; a V1, a V2 (serial port doesn't work, and a F18 V1 that works best with my F18A powered TI consoles. We can continue this tomorrow, as it is getting late for me here in Arizona. Early to bed, early to rise.

Bill

I have the F18a mod on my TI. That wouldn't cause a conflict, would it? It's just video out to a modern tv with VGA cable. PC input on the tv I'm using. That wouldn't/shouldn't have anything to do with the CF7+. . .?

nope.. the f18a is electronically identical to the 9918a that you removed to install it.. There are a lot of people that have dead/broken nano/cf7 setups due to poor quality soldering etc.. ymmv

I forgot! there's a bug in the original cf7/nano's that trys to init VDP ram before the f18a is ready. He put out a fix in newer units but the old ones won't play with a f18a..

I sell preformatted cards on arcadeshopper.com both are larger than the 32mb you have.. https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/NanoPEB/c/28272180/offset=0&sort=nameAsc I believe the same software on the nanopeb works for the cf7 as the drives are the same setup. If not someone can back up their cf7 setup using ti99dir and then send the file to be restored on a pc to the card..

Greg

• Like 1