IGNORED

CF7+ question.

DavidC

11 hours ago, F.G. Kaal said:

I don't have this version of CF7A+ so I can't know if it will work with Ti99Hdx server. The previous version had a spare CRU bit I could use in Cf2k to turn the bus arround (Read or Write) I really don't know if that (same) CRU bit is still availalable in this version.

There are different components used so I really can't tell if this newer version is working the same as the older versions.

You also need a real parallel port on your PC/Laptop. It doesn't work with a USB-Parallel converter. If you don't have a real parallel port then you could try the Arduino Parallel to serial converter mentioned on my website here http://www.ti99-geek.nl/Projects/ti99hdx/ti99hdx_cf7a+.html

Fred ;-)

Hallo Fred,

thanks for the reply.

I got a response from Custodio Malilong. He said, he's going to check the connection with the newer CF7+ version.

Let's wait and see - I'll report back.

EDIT: I do have an old parallel port ? - I know, PIO bit-banging with USB isn't possible.

Edited by acme

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I've got my CF7+ (SMD-Version; see my prior posts) working.

1) Take 5V from the LED power. See yellow circle in second picture.

2) desolder Pin11 (PC-side) from DB25 and connect it to the 5V LED power. See red circle in first picture.

Reason:

Pin11 (PC-side) is triggered by CRU >1306 in the newer CF7+ versions and it conflicts with CRU >1300 (ROM/LED on) if connected. 

This is the reason, why the old way of patching isn't working any longer.

Testing:

For testing I wrote a little Linux program in C as listener on my /dev/parport0 and on the TI-side I printed a small basic file:

>LIST "PIO"

and it's working. Didn't perform other tests though.

Maybe some smart guys here can figure out, how to handle this more professionally.

CF7plus_Pin11_patch.thumb.png.9871edb17eb65ed6a15dc8a9d48c55de.png

CF7plus_LED_power.thumb.png.07ab251bdd7f5f5666ac4d3a26b5350c.png

Note: I also wrote a simple basic program (RXB2005) to trigger the PIO CRUs manually without the patch above by using CRU >1306 as the ACK signal.

And the communication was working also. So in theory all signals are available on the CF7+, but to make it work, would mean to patch all existing programs :(