IGNORED

The Plug and Play TI 99 4/A?

davidcalgary29

I'm drowning in A8 units (my true love!) and am too lazy to get involved in the amazing world of TI computing. If I want to use a 99 4/A like a really big plug 'n play system, perhaps with a SD reader (they exist for this system, right?), and a card loaded with some great games (you have some, right?), what's the minimum system I could get away with to experience the 99 4/A at its best? And I have lots of modern Coleco games, so don't really want overlap with that library.

I'm drowning in A8 consoles (my true love!) and am too lazy to get involved in the amazing world of TI computing. If I want to use a 99 4/A like a really big plug 'n play system, perhaps with a SD reader (they exist for this system, right?), and a card loaded with some great games (you have some, right?), what's the minimum system I could get away with to experience the 99 4/A at its best?

I created a blog entry just for people like you a while back! icon_winking.gif

Besides the TI-99/4A console you need two items, the 32K sidecar and a FinalGROM cartridge.

<< CLICK HERE >> for more information.

• Like 2

Excellent, thanks! I take it that I could get a FinalGROM instead of a FlashROM (that link is broken)? Would it accomplish the same thing?

Yeah, thanks for bringing that up, I need to update that entry. Yes, my advice is to buy a FinalGROM, not a FlashROM. The FinalGROM came out later and essentially REPLACED the FlashROM with more memory, the ability to load GROM based software, the ability to use sub-directories and to store a heck of lot more on it.

The FinalGROM and the 32K sidecar will get you started in style, then you can attach a TIPI interface to it later.

• Like 2