IGNORED

Chipper

mvirtuale

13 minutes ago, miker said:

@sage

Any chances on updates, or it's rather dead project?

Lol. Sage has been on board for ages. The Chipper 2 seems to be in test by Sascha. As usual releases occur when the time is right. Just out of curiosity I browsed through sage's comments. He appears to be merging Handy Music and Chipper functionality. Not a simple task as these approaches are so different.

Unlikely. I am fed up with GUI coding. this eats time and sux.

but i did not changed much in chipper. the last thing was the midi import, which was never release.

I focused a bit on the lynx part in the last year, by adding some kind of midi support.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

How do you change the number of measures / lines for a given song in Chipper? It seems to default to 64, and I'd like it to be 128 or longer. However if I change the "Lines" number, I can't see the lines to edit; only the first 64 are visible. Am I missing something?

Edit: realized the above question didn't make any sense. I know the pattern has 64 lines in it. However the Chipper "playlist" window seems more like a channel window. How do I edit patterns besides the first one, and then also create a list of patterns like a regular MOD player would have?

Also is there any kind of cut and paste or duplicate support? Would be nice to have so I don't have to type out repeating patterns manually. ;)

Edited by Songbird

OK, I figured out how to create patterns by typing new numbers in the playlist. Now I understand it's a "pattern within a pattern" for each channel, thus I can reuse for example a drum beat in one track in multiple patterns. This does help so I don't have to type something in repeatedly, but if there are any advanced editing options such as "select-and-copy" or "copy a track to a new track ID", please let me know.

Very nice tool, though!

IIRC there's not such shortcuts like copy/cut/paste (or there are some, hello?).

I just placed pattern I would like to copy next to destination one, then retyped all that I wanted to stay, and all the changes I wanted to do.

It takes some time but it works.

• 1 month later...

Ok, it seems that I constantly miss some point when using Chipper.

There is the following section:

image.png.d98036f9d7baa9ec26895f61b70a7561.png

There are some numbers - what do the mean?

It produces very interesing effects ie. arpeggio. But how can I make specific sounds?

I'm interested in arpeggios like 0 3 7, 0 4 7, 0 5 7 etc. (where the numbers are successive tranpositions in note table).

Is there possibility to make such a ones in Chipper? If so, can anybody help me?

Edited by miker

On 7/10/2020 at 6:30 AM, miker said:

I'm interested in arpeggios like 0 3 7, 0 4 7, 0 5 7 etc. (where the numbers are successive tranpositions in note table).

Is there possibility to make such a ones in Chipper? If so, can anybody help me?

no. unluckily, there is not note table. the frequency steps arenot very accurate, too.

• 1 month later...

OK, I've dealt (partially) with lack of arps and vibratos:

If I only could "turn off" the effect that occurs after manipulating with WaveEnv (Wave Modulation)... I mean that no "normal" instrument could be played after.

Edited by miker
  • Like 1

OK, in case you change your mind someday...

I (and probably some others) really miss basic edit commands like Cut/Copy/Paste/Delete, correct behavior when TrackToneDown switch is pressed (now TrackToneUp and TrackToneDown act in the same way), looping the song in tracker, not after asembling, and if this, also subsongs can be supported as well, like in RMT. And, last not least... Vibrato support.

And regarding the version, I use 1.7.6.0 one, which seems newer, but then after launching the other one,  I can see some diff, like volume column, maybe other ones. For sure it doesn't sopport pattern breaks, but are there other differencies/corrections?