opcode

OMNI console official thread

Sorry to go OT. But if I released a CV compatible console that had the same RAM and sound chip in the same IO space, would it be more of a legal thing to say its SGM compatible or a commoradary thing?

The reason I ask is because I was thinking of making a small CV board myself. I designed a 6502 SBC recently and Im looking for another project.

If it was ok, CollectorVision wouldn't have licensed it. That said, I would like this topic to stay focused on OMNI...

• Like 2

Hi eduardo i gotta say i'm interested on that new OMNI system, but while i'm bummed that the december presentation is not there, i just hope that the presentation/reveal will likely come earlier than sooner, so anyway i could still wish that it would released directly to consumers but you decided that it aim squarely at the Atari 2600 enthusiast gamer, which is a good because you don't want to complete with nintendo, playstation, and xbox, and i'm glad you're doing the right thing for this console. So i have a question about the OMNI, look at what tommy tallarico is doing with the Intellivision Amico it is a retro consumer console and the goal for this is first a remade of classic Intellivision, Atari, Imagic, and arcade titles as well, there also doing the right thing with the Amico, just like you're doing this too with the OMNI. Hope you have a new year in that case is were the reveal/presentation is due earlier than later okay.

Good luck eduardo. ;)

What connector are you using for the controller port? As far as a good controller I would take inspiration from the first thumbpad (intellivision) and the neo geo AVS gamepad, keeping with a circular design.

I'm excited to see what the Omni has to offer. As a big Odyssey2 fan the thought of upgraded versions of the games I grew up playing is incredible. Ed Averett produced some great games and I look forward to seeing what his collaboration with opcode produces. Any chance you will be at the Midwest Gaming Classic???