IGNORED

Dan Kitchen's new game - Gold Rush

insertclevernamehere

2 minutes ago, high voltage said:

Haven't had an email for quite a while now

Yeah. I signed up for the newsletter to get updates on Goldrush, but all I get are announcements about what convention they are at now. Silence equals no conventions in winter, I guess.

6 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Things seem to have gone quiet. Hope the Kickstarter comes soon.  Would love to see gameplay and packaging art.  Maybe even more info on Bon Voyage; DK's next game.  I'm just so pumped for these games.

Probably the most up to date public information would be on his blog here, but it hasn't been updated with Gold Rush information since PRGE 2019. I met up with him at PRGE 2019 but I had such a short period of time there, just an afternoon, that I didn't get to ask him about an update about his upcoming Atari 2600 homebrews.

- James

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Probably the most up to date public information would be on his blog here, but it hasn't been updated with Gold Rush information since PRGE 2019. I met up with him at PRGE 2019 but I had such a short period of time there, just an afternoon, that I didn't get to ask him about an update about his upcoming Atari 2600 homebrews.

- James

Yeah, probably like everyone else on here, I'm signed up on dankitchengames.com to get the email updates.  The last thing I saw was a video of one of his gaming conference appearances, where he said he was hoping to have released Gold Rush late 2019 but will now be early 2020.  I know it's only towards the end of January and technically I guess, up to end of March or April could be classed as the early part of the year; but there really has been a lack of communication on his website regarding the development of his planned game(s) for sometime.  Hopefully he's just hunkering down to get things finished and we should hear something soon.  I hope nothing's gone awry and Dan Kitchen is still in fine fettle and things are moving full steam ahead. There will be a lot of disappointed fans if his new games don't come for whatever reason.  I'm probably just being impatient and worrying too much.  I can be a worrier.  Especially when it comes to things I'm excited about.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:24 PM, D Train said:

Dan's usually pretty good about replying if you ping him.  Not sure what else he has going on.

Hey @TikiDan, you out there?  your fans miss you!

I think he heard you! Blog update 12 mins ago!

https://www.dankitchengames.com/post/free-play-florida-update

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I think he heard you! Blog update 12 mins ago!

woo-hoo!

@TikiDan is working on his own schedule, but I am sure that it will be worth the wait.

he is also *so* good natured.  it is a pleasure to see him interviewed and hear him talk about his past (and present) atari experiences.

• Like 2

My four year old (who's a massive train enthusiast) asks me about how the progress of Gold Rush is going, and asks me about Dan Kitchen by name.

Needless to say, we're both very excited about this game. Finally both of us will get a wish fulfilled: A real high-quality train-themed 2600 game... Someday soon hopefully.

Always glad to see his updates, and happy this is still moving towards completion.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:

Im also done doing the label and box art for this game. Dan said it's okay to show here.

Great job @Atariboy2600! So incredibly colourful with that classic aesthetic of yesteryear!

That fuzzy grey lump in the section just before the engine is troubling, what could it be?? Whatever it might be, I'm sure it's up to no good...

- James

Just now, D Train said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew James, are you still in touch with @TikiDan about debuting or presenting Gold Rush on ZPH?

the fact that box art is being released is both exciting and suggests that the game might be getting close to the point of public release.

just wondering!

You bet, we're looking forward to having the exclusive world premiere on ZPH when he gives the word! I'm sure both Dan and I will both be plastering the news everywhere as soon as that's ready to take place. ? 

- James

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to this game alot. :thumbsup: The normal "Keystone Kapers" is one of my favorite games since i get the game-modul as a child, back in the 80's. And here in this game, especially the train and how it moves, looks really cool. This surrounding with the train, is the perfect scenario for the gameplay of "KK2".

Will the name of this new game then be "Keystone Kapers 2 - Gold Rush" or just "Gold Rush"? First variant would fit perfectly.

Edited by AW127

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just discovered about this game I guess yesterday! very excited! I love cargo trains and the keystone kapers game! I bet this will be my favorite game after the number One Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns. Can´t wait to see how he drew all the sprites using the stella sprite viewer!