IGNORED

Millionaire - winner of the ABBUC SW Contest 2018

MaPa

Hi, here you can download our latest game Millionaire with source codes as always. There is an ABBUC version which contains English and German question sets (this version is updated with some minor fixes and some juicy gfx at million winning screen). Then regular version with one language (English in this case) and at last Millionaire Custom Game Builder which allows you to build your own disk with supplied question files.

Code: MaPa
Gfx, msx and English question sets: PG
German question Sets: Charlie Chaplin

post-3960-0-16463300-1540129733.png post-3960-0-84022600-1540129738.png post-3960-0-24379300-1540129743.png

Millionaire Abbuc Version.atr

Millionaire.atr

Millionaire Abbuc version.zip

Millionaire.zip

Millionaire Custom Game Builder.zip

• Like 34

Congratulations!!!

This is a very well executed game and the over all experience is spot on. I was sucked into it for many fun (and frustrating) hours during the ABBUC consideration period. The visuals and the music and the sequencing all come together so well.

Nicely done. It's not just another trivia game.

-Eric

• Like 3

Hi, here you can download our latest game Millionaire with source codes as always. There is an ABBUC version which contains English and German question sets (this version is updated with some minor fixes and some juicy gfx at million winning screen). Then regular version with one language (English in this case) and at last Millionaire Custom Game Builder which allows you to build your own disk with supplied question files.

Code: MaPaGfx, msx and English question sets: PGGerman question Sets: Charlie Chaplin

attachicon.gifmil1.png attachicon.gifmil2.png attachicon.gifmil3.png

Very POLISHED and CLASSY !!!

I have a soft-spot for hi-res work, and yours brings out about the best Atari can do, but in a different (and welcome) realm.

Congratulations, WELL deserved!!!

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 5

Thanks MaPa & PG and congratulations. Nice production, as always, and nice adaptation.

Good to see you both back in competition after some years of hiatus (2014 - RGB?).

It's good to see thinking games like this appear on the A8 for change.

Was the game tested or is supposed to be fine for NTSC machines? I'm having some small

problem with keypresses being detected (note: only using emulation so far). There seems

to be some delay in detection of keys being pressed, which requires keys to be held down

at times.

I'm not sure how large the question pool is, but one suggestion I would make (if any updates

would be made) is to record on disk what questions were asked in previous sessions, in order

to avoid repeating the same questions too often in successive sessions.

Edited by MrFish

Its different, its new, its very well done and ITS APPRECIATED...

I understand the dislike of the game show and the ethics behind it, its greed at its most basic IF the person allows it to be...The average person SHOULD be able to make a nice lump of money BUT its truly knowing when to say NO and that is a soul destroying choice to a poor person..

BUT as a game where you lose nothing but have great fun it does not apply...

The game looks nicely built, LOTS of effort and slick in hires, thanks to all involved..

Paul..

• Like 3

I do appreciate the effort but the Atari 8bits are capable of so much more

High res with color always appreciated. And me puzzles just looking at the screenshot of the title screen to see how you did that large part of blue or black ;)

Exactly! And how about black, yellow, dark blue and light blue in the answers section. That's some clever programming!

• Like 2

I am about to load it up and give it a try! It looks like fun! Generally speaking I'm not one for games shows or most game show games. But not because they aren't fun to watch or play, but because they are so brain-liquefyingly addictive I stay clear. But I do like trivia games and the ability to change questions is nice. So I guess I'm about to get addicted and liquefy my brain after all... :-o

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3