IGNORED

Astronomer 2600 now has a patch that you can earn

Coolcrab

:-o Holy Crap! :-o Now that's a high score. Congratulations!!!

You have touched the stars my friend... Amazing!!!

Thanks, guys! As another poster said, I kind of zoned out while playing. I thought I did okay, but I expected something more like 25. Astronomer makes me space out more than any other I'm playing. I can play it for an hour and not be aware of the time. Thanks to Coolcrab for programming this gem of a game!!

Edited by hizzy
  • Like 1

Curious to ask: what part of Astronomer is the hardest for you? I hate when the star respawns on the bottom of the screen. :)

Waiting for my game to arrive in the mail lol.

I ordered awhile ago, recently received my invoice and paid so it should be here soon *fingers crossed*

Whew. This was a long game.

Congrats! You are the new world champion in Astronomer!

http://pietrow.net/atari/astronomer/

You must have been very lucky to not get any wasteful stars / clouds. Technically there is no limit to the score, but the more of the 'unobservable' stars you get the closer to death you are. I'm happy that I randomized this to be fair, as it really allows for ridiculous high scores.

• Like 1

Congrats! You are the new world champion in Astronomer!

http://pietrow.net/atari/astronomer/

You must have been very lucky to not get any wasteful stars / clouds. Technically there is no limit to the score, but the more of the 'unobservable' stars you get the closer to death you are. I'm happy that I randomized this to be fair, as it really allows for ridiculous high scores.

Thanks!! :) I "lost" a couple other high scores because I restarted the game right after I died. I don't think I did better than 46. I find that clouds don't screw me up as much as stars that appear on the bottom of the screen. That short arc is tough to track well. I try to clear "easy" screens as quickly as I can. This way, I still have lots of time for when I get stuck with an un-observable star :)

Edited by hizzy

Anyone hear from Packrat? I'd love a cart, box & patch!

Sounds like the CIB's are no longer available. Patches should be available, as it appears that there may only be five of us that have won one, based on this thread.

You can purchase your cart/manual from here and you can send a picture of your high score to this email (customer_service@packratvg.com) for a patch. :)

• Like 2

Sounds like the CIB's are no longer available. Patches should be available, as it appears that there may only be five of us that have won one, based on this thread.

You can purchase your cart/manual from here and you can send a picture of your high score to this email (customer_service@packratvg.com) for a patch. :)

I emailed them a couple weeks back and haven't heard anything, but I understand they are busy with some stuff. I hope all is well.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Astronomer cart (CIB #20) yesterday. I played some last night and today. It's addicting and tougher than I expected. My high score is 17 so far.

You have to make sure you're not wasting any time when the star is observable. I don't know how many times I only needed another data point or two but lost data due to the clouds :mad:

I also agree that the low flat trajectories are often the most difficult. I absolutely hate not unobservable stars!

• Like 2

I received my Astronomer cart (CIB #20) yesterday. I played some last night and today. It's addicting and tougher than I expected. My high score is 17 so far.

You have to make sure you're not wasting any time when the star is observable. I don't know how many times I only needed another data point or two but lost data due to the clouds :mad:

I also agree that the low flat trajectories are often the most difficult. I absolutely hate not unobservable stars!

Sweet! You are getting close (17) to joining the brotherhood! :)

• Like 2