IGNORED

KISS and the Atari 2600

Tommy17

First, Led Zeppelin didn't steal anything from Kiss.. that's just crazy. It would probably be the other way around if anything.

Second, if you did make a KISS game, I'd try to keep it 'underground' since who knows how aggressive they are with their name/properties.. they would probably send out a C&D knowing them.

• Like 2

sn8k, I love the fact that you don't know how to program, and yet are so assured you'd have banged out 16 "cool" games by now if you did. Let me guess - if you knew how to play basketball, you'd also have a dozen championship rings by now too?

Hint: it's easy to think about a "cool" game theme with basic concept. It's much harder to come up with game mechanics that are interesting, original, and fun. Much harder still to stick with the programming through all of the boring bits.

I'll take the most excellent BBCQ over your 16 imaginary games any day. :roll:

• Like 3

Bentley Bear Crystal quest 7800 was never done before.

Not saying it was. Just that there are so many more bad ass things to base a game off of. Not saying that the game sucks because it doesn't. It looks like it was done well, just I would try to make more action packed titles.

First, Led Zeppelin didn't steal anything from Kiss.. that's just crazy. It would probably be the other way around if anything.

Second, if you did make a KISS game, I'd try to keep it 'underground' since who knows how aggressive they are with their name/properties.. they would probably send out a C&D knowing them.

First, did I say led zeppelin stole from kiss? Where did I say that? I said they have stolen most of the music they claim to be as theirs from other people. Most of the hits were stolen from black musicians of a different time and tried to claim it as theirs. They spent a good amount of time settling in court for alot of the songs. Stairway to heaven was finally deemed stolen not too long ago

sn8k, I love the fact that you don't know how to program, and yet are so assured you'd have banged out 16 "cool" games by now if you did. Let me guess - if you knew how to play basketball, you'd also have a dozen championship rings by now too?

Hint: it's easy to think about a "cool" game theme with basic concept. It's much harder to come up with game mechanics that are interesting, original, and fun. Much harder still to stick with the programming through all of the boring bits.

I'll take the most excellent BBCQ over your 16 imaginary games any day. :roll:

I said from the beginning that I cannot program. I never claimed I could to begin with. Nor did I say I could do a better job than the people who do. I just want better games based off cooler ideas and not stupid shit.

I said from the beginning that I cannot program. I never claimed I could to begin with. Nor did I say I could do a better job than the people who do. I just want better games based off cooler ideas and not stupid shit.

Alright, that's enough of this, I am kicking you out of this thread. If you can't peddle your ideas without insulting those who actually do take the time to create new games for us to play, then go peddle them somewhere else.

..Al

• Like 2

First, did I say led zeppelin stole from kiss? Where did I say that?

Although you're removed from the thread, you said it in post 54 of this thread where you said "Very late to the party. Kiss rules. Zeppelin stole most of their shit. Glorified cover band if you ask me."

Mind you, I do realize it's likely a misunderstanding due to pronoun use but instead of going off like you did you should have looked back over the posts and checked if anything needed clarifying.

Oh, and for the lack of programming skills part, you should look into 7800Basic. It simplifies things a lot and the online webpage RandomTerrain has up makes it fairly easy to learn. Just focus on trying to compile one of the predone samples first to make sure the compiler is set up correctly before writing your own code.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, adamchevy said:

Apparently somebody made a hack or original game.  I just saw this on eBay:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264512982335

D08146C2-6129-4D3D-A769-902F7E2C5934.jpeg

Hand cut labels and the seller won't even say what the actual game is or if it even works. Smells like a combat cart with some glued on plain paper labels added to try and get $25 out of someone. :(

• Like 1