IGNORED

I designed a NanoPEB Case...

jdgabbard

So there are at least 2 cases for the NanoPEB that I have seen. One available on Thingiverse, which wasn't to my taste. The second sold by a member here. But I was looking for something I could print at home. And I decided to spin my own solution. I will be providing the STL files for the design so that anyone may print these at home, or through a service if they would like. I will NOT be providing a printing service for these cases. However, places such as 3dhubs.com could assist you, if you need it printed.

But before I release the files, I thought I'd get some feed back. So I am looking for input.

I decided to go without a door to the CF card. I didn't want it, as I rarely remove the card. And it's easy enough to take the case apart. I do plan on adding holes or a window for the LEDs, but have not done so yet. Still tossing the idea around a bit. I may add a location for a printed "tag" so that the user may customize it. I haven't decided yet. Let me know what you think....

post-41787-0-88182300-1540255352_thumb.jpg

post-41787-0-35757500-1540255366_thumb.jpg

post-41787-0-47662600-1540255380_thumb.jpg

post-41787-0-89071600-1540255391_thumb.jpg

post-41787-0-90378000-1540255403_thumb.jpg

post-41787-0-93687800-1540255606_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks, I have changed it just a bit. Added a slot for the led indicators, modified the depth of the power switch shelf, added On/Off indicators for the switch, and added NanoPEB to the 45* angle. Need to make one more adjustment to the slot for indicators. And I think it will be done. Ill try to get pictures uploaded this evening.

There does seem to be an issue with it having an open mesh. Mesh Mixer is not helping, as it claims an entire wall is a bit hole. Which is clearly not the case. It throws an error when I load it up into my printing software. But it self-fixes and prints without problem. So I think its ok.

Greg, youre welcome to print it up for people if you like. I dont have any problems with that. Ill probably publish it on Thingiverse with a public license, as well as uploading the STL here. So, no issue with making a buck or two on it through your web store. I see this as a needed service to the community. So I dont care how people get their hands on it. I just want to make it available as another option.

• Like 2

Thanks, I have changed it just a bit. Added a slot for the led indicators, modified the depth of the power switch shelf, added On/Off indicators for the switch, and added NanoPEB to the 45* angle. Need to make one more adjustment to the slot for indicators. And I think it will be done. Ill try to get pictures uploaded this evening.

There does seem to be an issue with it having an open mesh. Mesh Mixer is not helping, as it claims an entire wall is a bit hole. Which is clearly not the case. It throws an error when I load it up into my printing software. But it self-fixes and prints without problem. So I think its ok.

Greg, youre welcome to print it up for people if you like. I dont have any problems with that. Ill probably publish it on Thingiverse with a public license, as well as uploading the STL here. So, no issue with making a buck or two on it through your web store. I see this as a needed service to the community. So I dont care how people get their hands on it. I just want to make it available as another option.

make sure it has some ventilation as well.. something on the top and bottom to let air flow

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here is the final design. I've hosted the files on my website, feel free to download and use them however. Again, this is to be consider free for use. So if you want to print these and make them available on your store, feel free. Here is the link to the post on my blog with the download: 3D Printed Shell for the TI-99/4A NanoPEB

NanoPEB.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, here is the final design. I've hosted the files on my website, feel free to download and use them however. Again, this is to be consider free for use. So if you want to print these and make them available on your store, feel free. Here is the link to the post on my blog with the download: 3D Printed Shell for the TI-99/4A NanoPEB

I added the link << HERE >> which might make it easier for people to find after this thread ages and moves down over the next few months.

It's beautiful!

I have one of the ancient CF7s that stick out at a 90 degree angle, so this doesn't work for me. But one day I'll get a regular nano, and I'll be off to the races. :)

Thanks for your work!

I dont guess Im familiar with that version. Pictures maybe? If I had something to work with I might be able to do something with it...

Does that CF adapter come off? It looks like it might be soldered on, but I really can't tell as the pictures are tiny. If it comes off, it should be easy enough to use a 90* adapter. And if so it should be easy to make a small side car for it. I'd probably need to have one in my hands to really see what could be done. It's hard to assume given just pictures. But it looks as though it suffers from the same problem the NanoPEB V1 does, that it doesn't have any mounting holes. The design wouldn't be entirely dissimilar. But again, it would probably benefit from doing away with the L-Shaped design. If nothing else, a ribbon cable should work.

• Like 1