IGNORED

Frank the Fruit Fly (Pokemon Mini, WIP)

atari2600land

Quite possibly the only Pokemon Mini homebrew game being worked on presently. Unless someone is doing something in secret. Not the first Pokemon Mini homebrew, though. I found out how to use my screen capture video program better and made this update video on my progress of the game. This shows off the game so far. Not very much at this point, though. Even though I have been working on it for a few months off and on.

Edited by atari2600land
  • Like 1

I think the Pokemon Mini is the perfect fit for this game. Different screens take up little room to make (about 1k), and I don't have to do anything special until I hit 64k. Not only that, fruit flies are small. I tried a concept like this using Atari 2600 but it didn't get very far because it was too limited.

I just recently got into Pokemon Mini development this year and its coding is similar to the Game Gear since they both use assembly. I am trying to make a game that everyone can play, regardless of how well you know Japanese. Most of the Pokemon Mini games have Japanese in them since it wasn't a big hit in the USA.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Woaw, you always impress me by being able to create games for less known platforms (I was impressed by your Channel F project, and also noticed your Game Gear and Game Boy projects on other forums).

Now a game on the Pokemon mini? My respects, sir!

This preview looks cool, the game is indeed a good fit for the console.

Out of curiosity, what tools / SDK to you use to create your game?

Is it made 100% in ASM, or partly in C?

And, last but not least, how can you test if on real hardware? (is there is a flashcart for the system?)

Good luck with this project!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...