IGNORED

Wrestling Video Games - The 80's

I remember anticipating NES Wrestlemania after seeing alot of screenshots, and the roster was very good. But the game was so bad. I remember being so disappointed that the best move you could do was a Body Slam, which is like a basic move in every other wrestling game. Nevertheless, me and a buddy would play this game for hours on the weekends.

• Like 2

I remember anticipating NES Wrestlemania after seeing alot of screenshots, and the roster was very good. But the game was so bad. I remember being so disappointed that the best move you could do was a Body Slam, which is like a basic move in every other wrestling game. Nevertheless, me and a buddy would play this game for hours on the weekends.

Yeah, same here, except the part about playing it for hours.

I rented this game once and when I started playing it I was like, "oooookay, how do I do some moves here?" The rental came with no instruction book so at first I thought there were probably all kinds of moves available, I just needed to know what button combos to use. Later I learned that pretty much all you do in the game is walk around the ring and throw punches and kicks. I was pretty dumbfounded at the time that a real WWF license would be wasted on such a weak, dreadful game.

• Like 1

Anybody remember the Ram Jam video game wrasslin from the Mickey Rourke movie The Wrestler? In classic cheapshit Hollyweird style, they just hacked an Acclaim WWF Wrestling for NES with graphics for thw characters in the movie..pretty funny scene too, and even ten years ago was painfully realistic when you see the washed up wrestler trying to get a young kid to play an old video game. Too bad it was that shitty one, lol.

That's still not the best part: as always, they put in the VCS Pac-man sound effects! Who wants to pay royalties anyway, lol...go check it out if you haven't seen it yet, great stuff.

KIN

KORN

KARN