IGNORED

Season 8 ~ Week 4 ~ Halloween Special!

Vocelli

My biggest problem in Room of Doom was not knowing what is going on with that "stretch blob" phenomenon, where my guy squishes out into this vertically stretched blob with the guy from Beany Bopper in it. Every time that happens, I can't move for a moment and it would often get me killed.

That, and how much it damn speeds up later on.

Whew!

That was a lot of last minute scores!

If you are accidentally listed twice please let me know sooner than later.

If I missed your score please let me know sooner than later.

I will be updating the overall standings in a couple of days.... this one takes a while.

• Like 1

Impressive score on Ghost Manor. Is it oldman Glenn? As in Glenn Sampson/Gsampson? Just curious.

Im not that old :) I always use the same username on all sites. Gsampson35. Glad to see someone used my strategy to the fullest. Although more points can be gotten by touching the wall as its moving away from you.

Im not that old :) I always use the same username on all sites. Gsampson35. Glad to see someone used my strategy to the fullest. Although more points can be gotten by touching the wall as its moving away from you.

Lots of folks could use your so called strategy to achieve scores over 500k. The thing is using a regular game cart there is only 3:25 for gametime. With a harmony cart or some kind of glitch your able to get 4:30 in gametime. 65-70 seconds make a big differernce.

Lots of folks could use your so called strategy to achieve scores over 500k. The thing is using a regular game cart there is only 3:25 for gametime. With a harmony cart or some kind of glitch your able to get 4:30 in gametime. 65-70 seconds make a big differernce.

From power on.... 11-07-2018... No Glitch no reset tricks.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvs9hi0hio&feature=youtu.be

I think the confusion is that some videos of the game, including the one you just posted, showed 4mins and 20 seconds of gameplay, and other videos and people’s own testing only gives 3min 25 seconds of gameplay. And some people are claiming that the original cart gives the 3 min 25 seconds, and the harmony cart gives the 4 min 20 seconds or whatever it may be.

I personally have no idea what is true or faulse, but I believe that is what some people are claiming.

My own guess would be it’s an in game glitch that can sometimes happen, but I would be very surprised if it was exclusive to just the harmony cart. I mean if it’s the same game code, and it’s the same hardware then it should play the same regardless if it’s an original cart or a flash cart surely?

Through playing over time, the game is somehow giving more time on the timer. That is a GLITCH. Do it on real hardware. Let me add, your technique for getting the 500k plus is excellent and I do hope someone is able to do it on real hardware. However whether it's emulation, Harmony or real hardware, it is still a glitch. Normally, turning on a 2600 and playing, there is only 3:27 or so for total game time. By clearing screen one as fast as possible collecting spears, then clearing screen two with the cyclops as fast as possible somehow manipulates the game into allotting over one full minute more of game time, it is in my opinion no doubt a glitch. Nowhere in the instruction manual does it state that by clearing screens 1 & 2 quickly the player is given more time.