IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2018 thread

Grig

ATTENTION ONE AND ALL! THE MOMENT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

post-30739-0-71006400-1540598827.jpg

THE OFFICIAL ATARI AGE 2018 SECRET SANTA THREAD

secret-santa.jpg

This is the official Atari Age Secret Santa Thread for 2018!

Thank you for making the 2017 Atari Age Secret Santa a 'Secret' Success!

Open to all Atari Age members in good standing (explanation to follow)

The rules are very simple:

1. Post a reply within this thread of your intention to participate.

2. PM me (Grig) with the following information: Atari Age username, name and mailing address - along with the answers to the following questions:

A. Candy/Treat you like that can withstand the mail

B. Hobbies/Interests

C. Media Format/Shirt Size

D. Describe yourself/helpful hints - please use this to help your Secret Santa know more about you!

E. Anything else relevant or specific

F. Would you be willing to ship internationally

3. Please try to keep each answer to around 5 - 7 words. Don't worry about an answer format - just send me the information and I will make sure that it safely reaches it's target.

4. All responses need to be received by Sunday November 11th. I will send out your Secret Santa notification by Tuesday November 13th.

5. How much you spend is up to you but a range of $25 - $35 should suffice. Don't go broke.

6. Final mailing date should be no later than December 11th for US posting. I would recommend shipping international gifts by December 3rd. Tracking numbers are not required but they are recommended.

The thread will be regularly updated with participating members at the bottom of the page (I put my name down first to get it started).

Please remember to have a good time with this. Don't be a Bah-Humbug and just enjoy giving and receiving with other Atari Age members.

(in case you missed it):

post-30739-0-73854600-1540599353_thumb.jpg No.

post-30739-0-87009000-1540599588_thumb.jpg Yes. Good Christmas. Enjoy!

And now a word from our sponsor (the fine print you don't want to read but should):

This is open to all Atari Age members in good standing: In other words, Albert will have the final say if you have been a tad too "naughty" this past year on Atari Age. If someone requests to participate who has been more "vinegar" than "honey", I will ask Albert for a final decision and either add your name to the list or send you a "We regret to inform you" PM. Sorry mates, but the Atari Age Secret Santa is a special occasion and will be reserved only for those who enjoy and value this truly remarkable community and the fabulous individuals who keep it going.

2018 Atari Age Secret Santa participants:

1. Grig

2. Bill Lange

3. SIO2

4. Hoshi Chiri

5. Adam Chevy

6. Roberto

7. KaroKoenig

8. DZ-Jay

9. ClassicGMR

10. Carlsson

11. ImStarryeyed

12. emerson

13. moycon

14. Atari Dogs

15. chicgamer

16. bomberpunk *

17. The VNA Guy

18. Captain Kiwi

19. jd_1138

20. Master Phruby

21. Zeptari1

22. travistouchdown

23. sazae

24. mountain king

25. cyranoJ

26. captain breakout

• Like 9

I'm in, PM coming shortly.

As a reminder from previous years, please consider adding the video game/computing system(s) you're collecting for or at least own, and if you have a public listing of items you already own, include a link to that too. I don't know if "Media Format" is supposed to mean a list of consoles or whether you prefer CD, DVD, BluRay or vinyl LP, but since we're on one of the largest communities for retro video games, it really seems odd if we're having a Secret Santa where video games are not considered an important part of it.

BTW, although it is a bit late now to change the conditions, for the 2019 season consider starting this thread earlier or shorten the enlisting period. As it is, we've got 3 weeks to sign up for SS, and then 2 weeks to prepare the package and send to the recipient. If you by chance would need to mail order any items to fit the package, those also need to arrive to you within those 2 weeks.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

I'm in, PM coming shortly.

As a reminder from previous years, please consider adding the video game/computing system(s) you're collecting for or at least own, and if you have a public listing of items you already own, include a link to that too. I don't know if "Media Format" is supposed to mean a list of consoles or whether you prefer CD, DVD, BluRay or vinyl LP, but since we're on one of the largest communities for retro video games, it really seems odd if we're having a Secret Santa where video games are not considered an important part of it.

BTW, although it is a bit late now to change the conditions, for the 2019 season consider starting this thread earlier or shorten the enlisting period. As it is, we've got 3 weeks to sign up for SS, and then 2 weeks to prepare the package and send to the recipient. If you by chance would need to mail order any items to fit the package, those also need to arrive to you within those 2 weeks.

I can edit this year. I moved the response date back a week to allow more time for gifts to be received and shipped. The new response date is by Sunday November 11th and the SS notices will go out by Tuesday the 13th. I hope this will help. I will start next year a week or two early. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 2

Hey Grig I am in, I missed it last year but I have been looking out for it this year.

I will send you a PM soon, as my PM is too wordy now and I have to figure out how to cut it down to the size needed.. I talk too much! haha

Thanks for running it again, I am sure its going to be amazing!!

• Like 1

Hey Grig I am in, I missed it last year but I have been looking out for it this year.

I will send you a PM soon, as my PM is too wordy now and I have to figure out how to cut it down to the size needed.. I talk too much! haha

Thanks for running it again, I am sure its going to be amazing!!

It's okay, Santa understands ...

post-30739-0-08313000-1540766169_thumb.jpg

• Like 1