IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2018 thread

Grig

Sure seems like this year's Secret Santa is a rousing adventure. I am glad everyone is having a good time.

It truly is better to give than receive.

Thanks to everyone for making me smile when I read this thread.

And thank you for organizing it again! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

post-27318-0-31546200-1544783329.jpg

• Like 5

post-37734-0-28072000-1544884602_thumb.jpg

I couldn't resist any longer. Had to open them.

Holy WOW!!! Best Christmas gift I have received in the past 40 years!

Thank you sooo much Santa and Mrs. Santa.

My 4 year old grandson is visiting and he was so excited by the raspberry pi that he was jumping up and down and shouting. When Grandma scolded us for being too noisy with Grandpa's game and my grandson replied, "it's OUR game". So, I guess I have a partner now. :)

Bless you for the gift and the joy it brings us.

Merry Christmas all.

• Like 9

Just a quick Secret Santa check in ... has everyone mailed out their gifts? We only have one week left for shipping.

If you have not mailed out yet, please try to do so by tomorrow and send me the tracking number so I can let your recipient know their gift is on the way!

mailbox.gif

.... I can do this, I can do this...

No, no I can't- the holiday retail stress got the better of me this year.

IMG 0002

IMG 0004

My thoughts:
-OK, I hit up Japanese books stores from time to time, how have I never seen one of these art anthologies before? There's some pretty cool stuff in here!
-Ahh, I see someone else shops at my favorite dollar* store :)
-CRUN-KY! CRUN-KY! I love that silly name!
-An intellivision mug! Now I own 3 mugs!(Sorry, kind of a running gag 'round here that I have basically no mugs)
- Oooo, a 7800 game! Despite being in a retro-rich area, 7800 games are pretty hard to come by. I look forward to opening this up on my next day off!
A big thank you to my Santa! The Atariage Secret Santa is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of the holiday!
  • Like 7

There was once an impatient me with a single box under the tree.

post-4026-0-10997100-1545082922_thumb.jpg

I decided to sneak and open the box to have a pre-Christmas peek.

post-4026-0-88299800-1545082945_thumb.jpg

Inside I saw of treats while other items were hidden from me.

post-4026-0-35855200-1545082977_thumb.jpg

So with much hustle I opened up a candy bar like a fat ass and went to town. Nom nom.

post-4026-0-87511000-1545082991_thumb.jpg

Part II coming 12/25... ??

• Like 8

Looks like there may be about 5 AAers who have yet to send their gifts out (or at least that is how many have not sent me tracking numbers or notices of shipment). Please confirm if you have not contacted me yet and I will probably be contacting you ...

Yes, I am checking my list twice.

Although I missed the deadline, Grig contacted me about a week ago asking if I wanted to fill in. Despite being short for time (was unable to wrap my gifts, for example), I think I put together a decent package and got it sent on it's way, and from the tracking number it got to it's destination last night.

As for my package, it's a close thing. The ETA is Sat...the same day I leave for a week and a half to go on vacation. Hoping it comes before then.

• Like 1

Although I missed the deadline, Grig contacted me about a week ago asking if I wanted to fill in. Despite being short for time (was unable to wrap my gifts, for example), I think I put together a decent package and got it sent on it's way, and from the tracking number it got to it's destination last night.

As for my package, it's a close thing. The ETA is Sat...the same day I leave for a week and a half to go on vacation. Hoping it comes before then.

Hell next year we'll meet at the mall in Warwick and exchange in person. :lol:

• Like 3

My recipient had some preferences regarding treats that I'm trying to match if possible. So far I've been to 6 major stores of different brands, and none had a single item like that. However I know a 7th store that sells, so I might buy it from them if I can't find any more alternatives.

Now that my recipient has opened the package and found the candy, I can spill that the treat I was looking for was any form of coffee flavored candy, whether it would be chocolate, toffee, hard candy etc. As seen in the photo I managed to find two kinds though it took me a lot of searching everywhere.

Yesterday when I went shopping, guess what stares at me from a shelf in the candy section: those huge bags of coffee flavored toffee! I can almost swear those were not there four weeks ago when I was looking high and low. It worked out well anyway, though it would've saved me a little time and trips if I had spotted it in the first place.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 6

Now that my recipient has opened the package and found the candy, I can spill that the treat I was looking for was any form of coffee flavored candy, whether it would be chocolate, toffee, hard candy etc. As seen in the photo I managed to find two kinds though it took me a lot of searching everywhere.

Yesterday when I went shopping, guess what stares at me from a shelf in the candy section: those huge bags of coffee flavored toffee! I can almost swear those were not there four weeks ago when I was looking high and low. It worked out well anyway, though it would've saved me a little time and trips if I had spotted it in the first place.

Oh, man! Isn't that how it always happens. :lol: By the way, I love those coffee toffee candies. :)

-dZ.

• Like 3