IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2018 thread

Grig

Those are all fantastic I will post my secret Santa pics as soon as I return from visiting family. Unfortunately our AA family may have a no show on the secret Santa front there is one individual who has yet to receive a gift and I have not heard one peep out of his secret Santa. I am still investigating however multiple messages to this person have gone unanswered I am just hoping nothing unfortunate has happened to this person and possibly they just got overwhelmed during the holidays.

Those are all fantastic I will post my secret Santa pics as soon as I return from visiting family. Unfortunately our AA family may have a no show on the secret Santa front there is one individual who has yet to receive a gift and I have not heard one peep out of his secret Santa. I am still investigating however multiple messages to this person have gone unanswered I am just hoping nothing unfortunate has happened to this person and possibly they just got overwhelmed during the holidays.

That's sad to hear. I also hope everything's ok with them.

By the way, if it comes close like this next year, I volunteer for a second helping of Secret Santa-hood-ship-ness-situde. Just let me know a couple of days before Christmas and I could try to ship overnight. :)

If you want to try an emergency rescue mission this week, I'm up to it. ;)

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

Yeah, and if it happens this member has no package, I volunteer to chip in and send, you know, a stocking stuffer type gift. Keep us posted.

• Like 4

I just opened my Secret Santa gift and ...

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Or like Christmas Carol would say, "Sweet candy canes! Prancing reindeers!"

Santa made a special trip straight from Germany with lots of goodies and treats! I love it!

Unfortunately, my house is currently being overrun with spiders, so I had to request the exceptional assistance of a couple of friends to help me keep them at bay while opening my special present. Their car had broken down so they had to hitch a ride on a local horse-drawn carriage. I took photos of the entire unboxing event to document in case the spiders got to me before I was done.

Here are my buddies Harry Potter and Ron Weasley taming the darn spiders, which were already trying to break into the package!

post-27318-0-84407600-1545749211_thumb.jpg

We managed to shake the box free of the spiders, but they kept trying ...

post-27318-0-80676600-1545751327_thumb.jpg

Phew! With the help of Harry and Ron, we got the box opened, but I know those spiders are still out there ...

post-27318-0-76360100-1545749222_thumb.jpg

Wow! Look at all that loot! There's German potato chips (or Kartoffelchips), some savory sausages, a couple of chocolate treats, a C=64 Holiday diskette, a cool hand-held video game, and a couple of envelopes. I wonder what they contain ...

post-27318-0-73782600-1545749227_thumb.jpg

Harry & Co. still trying to keep those pesky spiders out of the way ...

post-27318-0-72577800-1545749235_thumb.jpg

Let's see what this first envelope has ...

post-27318-0-20639400-1545749245_thumb.jpg

post-27318-0-63748400-1545749251_thumb.jpg

Oh! It's a nice and sweet handwritten letter from Santa himself! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Santa!

Now, let us check out the other envelope before the spiders return ... careful ... careful ... easy does it ...

post-27318-0-02552100-1545749260_thumb.jpg

post-27318-0-48916300-1545749267_thumb.jpg

Wow, nice! Two retro stickers of Intellivision -- apparently real retro, from back in the day! That's awesome!

Thanks to Harry and Ron for helping me with my spider problem, and a very sincere and heartfelt thank you to my Secret Santa -- you have made my Christmas even more special than it already was. This one will go down in history, seriously. Thank you soooooo very much!

And don't worry, all those treats are absolutely up to my taste. Yum! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, dear Secret Santa!

... and to all AtariAge dwellers!!!

-dZ.

• Like 7

That's sad to hear. I also hope everything's ok with them.

By the way, if it comes close like this next year, I volunteer for a second helping of Secret Santa-hood-ship-ness-situde. Just let me know a couple of days before Christmas and I could try to ship overnight. :)

dZ.

Yeah, and if it happens this member has no package, I volunteer to chip in and send, you know, a stocking stuffer type gift. Keep us posted.

I can contribute if needed. Just let me know.

I also volunteer for Rescue Reindeer duty if the need arises! :-D

Edited by HoshiChiri
  • Like 3

I successfully waited until Christmas Day to open my three wrapped gifts, and man are these awesome!!

post-4026-0-14352400-1545764025_thumb.jpg

I'm going to be pumping these compilation discs through my Mega Man speaker (holy carp!) while sporting my new shirt and chomping the candies.

post-4026-0-19859400-1545764042_thumb.jpg

Thanks "secret" Santa (you gave yourself away a few posts ago)! Sorry I sent you on a wild goose chase! Merry. Christmas!

• Like 7

OMG! My secret santa really outdid themselves!!!

post-26465-0-58248500-1545765779_thumb.jpg

I had Dig Dug and VB loose, but it is very cool to have some more sealed games, I only had one until now. I dont have motorodeo, so that one is getting opened. Also the Lynx game is one I have never played, so I am stoked for that! And of course gummies for the win!!! Thanks so much Santa!!!!!!!

My wife also did well on the retro game gifting:

post-26465-0-22311900-1545765995_thumb.jpg

I think she followed me around PRGE and talked the vendors down on everything I put pack down with a longing look on my face.

Edited by Chuck D. Head
  • Like 7

Thank you secret santa, you went above and beyond my wishes!

post-41299-0-48108400-1545775625_thumb.jpg

I opened the Activision joystick to inquire about possible mods and found some jumpers to select NTSC or PAL video standards. I can use it to test any flat screens I come across for multi-region capabilities, perfect!

post-41299-0-98288900-1545775640_thumb.jpg

The joke book is hilarious for all the wrong reasons. It had my whole family laughing. I've never played Resident Evil before, nor have I seen Zombiethon, so the rest of my Christmas will be filled with zombie goodness!

• Like 7

I am absolutely floored by what my Secret Santa got me ...

of course my previous picture of the candy and gifts ... the candy has been long gone, gobbled up within the hour.

post-30739-0-34171600-1545806716.jpg

The XA1541 cable and Star Commander CD for transferring .d64 files from my old windows XP computer to actual 1541 disks. This will be epic. I just re-booted my XP machine and it works great ... PLUS it has a working serial port just for Star Commander and my SIO2PC Atari cable. I absolutely prefer hardware/physical media (though I do love my SDrive Max!). I have a TON of old 5 1/4 inch disks just waiting for some Commodore goodness. Also some great Atari 8 bit disks - many original disks I did not have.

post-30739-0-54606100-1545806991_thumb.jpg

The Bentley Compu-Vision TV Video Game (Pong) System - BUT WAIT!!! This is not your father's Bentley system!!! IT HAS BEEN MODDED JUST FOR ... ME!!! It has composite audio/video (the picture & sound are CRISP and CLEAR!), a plug for an AC adapter (a 2600 power supply - which I have!), two inputs for Atari 2600 paddles (and I happen to have a great set of working paddles) - but the included paddles also work perfectly, and four 'MOD' switches: A randomized angle, randomized speed, internal/external paddle selector and 2 or 4 player select. Push 'Left' to enable the mods and 'Right' to disable the mods so you can use the original buttons. In a word ... AMAZING!!!!!

post-30739-0-88630400-1545807688_thumb.jpgpost-30739-0-36221400-1545807719_thumb.jpg

Thank you thank you thank you Secret Santa!!!!!

• Like 9

Holy WOW!!! Best Christmas gift I have received in the past 40 years!

Thank you sooo much Santa and Mrs. Santa.

My 4 year old grandson is visiting and he was so excited by the raspberry pi that he was jumping up and down and shouting. When Grandma scolded us for being too noisy with Grandpa's game and my grandson replied, "it's OUR game". So, I guess I have a partner now. :)

Bless you for the gift and the joy it brings us.

Merry Christmas all.

Well Dawn and I were extremely happy to read this when you opened it. :-D Merry Christmas again!

• Like 2