IGNORED

Intellivision Homebrew Gostbuster

vroby

I apologize if I was a little absent at the forum as you know I prefer to write the code. the video below is our last effort. We are at 90% of the development and then there will be a period of testing. You can find more information on the inty-home page of facebook. I'm waiting for comments

• Like 15

@ DZ-Jay. There are no sound effects and the temple of zuul was missing (now there is). Are expected. I agree with the fact that more can be done.

@JohnPCAE are in fact taken some licenses because of the hardware limits. the video does not do justice anyway

@Intimake I have not done much about intellivoice yet. I could try :)

As an 80's & Ghostbusters kid I smiled when I saw this.. I love it! I am so on board when comes out.

Here are a few suggestions in my opinion:

Are you going to have Stay Puft crushing the buildings later in the game so you need to buy ghost bait?

I always found the driving sequences really dry and boring, any chance you can you include a mini game during those or something to do? I know this goes against the original game but playing it on a C64 those driving sequences were soooo long.. I know you can vacuum the ghosts , but when you are not vacuuming ghosts; maybe some things to run over in your car or money to pick up or ghosts throwing slime at you that you need to dodge / lose money or something would be an improvement. A speed up / nitro button that costs you money when you use it, etc etc.. more ghosts to vacuum, etc.. anything to help pass the time.. I can imagine there are people who prefer to keep it original but I always thought that part could use a tiny bit more fun. The Sega Master system version, which many people think is one of the better ones, had some really positive changes to the game in regards to adding an Zuul attack sequence mini game, going up stairs mini game, and even obstacles to drive around in the driving portions.

I love how you changed the ghosts colors, I always thought catching the same ghost over and over was really kind of silly. My suggestion would be can you change the ghost sprite to a few different kinds, giving some more variety? I would also suggest if the ghosts can fly in different patterns or random patterns with some ghost types/colors maybe swooping at you and others running away from you etc etc.. I thought this would give it some more variety as well..

If you want to keep it pure to the others I totally respect that, can maybe these types of things be in another game mode or something?

These are suggestions I would have given to Activision back in the day, but hey its an iconic game no matter which way you look it at.

In any case whatever you choose I am sure your game is going to be amazing and we are going to love it!

Good luck with it and I am looking forward to see more of your great progress!

Thank you for even reading my suggestions and comments...

Edited by imstarryeyed

thank you all for your interest and suggestions.

I must say that unfortunately intellivision is not the c64 and it is really difficult to improve the game. On the c64 I had not played much, I preferred games more technically driven as quedex citadel armalyte and I always had the impression that this was a game not completed in all the parts provided. Returning to inty right now we are testing, I could not put the trampling of the buildings and the final level is not as I would like it. Even the initial part is really small but the memory is over and starts to give problems every time I add something.

next week I will publish a new video of the current state.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the video of the current state of development.
There are still some problems with the capture that solve in the next 15 days.
The game is however complete with all the parts and considering the requests received. I'm always dissatisfied with my work and I always see room for improvement, but I think it's a good job
  • Like 3

Looks really good. A couple of questions/suggestions.

1. Do you get any money from ghosts when you use the ghost vacuum? It doesn't seem like your total goes up at all when using it.

2. On the title screen, the ghost's eyes seem a bit too high. You might consider moving them down a pixel.

No, you vacuum ghosts while riding to the destination in order to have them start from the outer edges again, and not get all the way to Zuul or form the Marshmallow Man (which they eventually do anyway, at least in the C64 version, can't tell exactly how the Intellivision port will work out). So no money gained, but you prevent the game from getting harder at the end.

No, you vacuum ghosts while riding to the destination in order to have them start from the outer edges again, and not get all the way to Zuul or form the Marshmallow Man (which they eventually do anyway, at least in the C64 version, can't tell exactly how the Intellivision port will work out). So no money gained, but you prevent the game from getting harder at the end.

Okay, thanks! That differs from the SMS version that I'm used to playing. In it, you move the Ghostbuster icon over the ghosts on the map to stop them from moving, and each ghost you capture using the vacuum gains you $200.

Fair enough. It turns out there are at least 3 different "batches" of the Ghostbusters games, not counting games based on the sequel or remakes. Some of those games have elements in common, while they have individual differences. It might turn out the SMS version is most playable, so if Vroby & c:o still are within the development process, they could consider which version to most closely resemble.