IGNORED

Scew in Joysticks for a Emerson Arcadia 2001

TheCoolDave

• 8 months later...
17 hours ago, Bratwurst said:

Any idea of the original stick's dimensions? The thread pitch of the metal screw, its length? Etc. I could 3D print reproductions for you but I'd need to know more info to model them.

Thank you. 

I wish I had access to one to get those measurements... As I have never had a set. 

About the only thing that I could find that has a image that shows the threads is this image...

Arcadia 2001 joystick.jpg

Not much to work with unfortunately. If you want to send a controller for me to borrow I could probably come up with a facsimile. If anyone else has a stick that they don't mind loaning I could make exact duplicates- barring the textural characteristics inherent with 3D printing of course.

28 minutes ago, Bratwurst said:

Not much to work with unfortunately. If you want to send a controller for me to borrow I could probably come up with a facsimile. If anyone else has a stick that they don't mind loaning I could make exact duplicates- barring the textural characteristics inherent with 3D printing of course.

The sticks are built into the system (kind of like the Odyssey 2)...  So not an easy task...

Sigh.. Let me see if i can find anything else in my notes when I get home tonight...

Thanks again for trying to help !

• 7 months later...

Hello all,

I have one of these in my hand..  The length of the knob not counting the screw is 1 1/8 inch.  The base flange is 1/2" and the top is 3/8" diameter.  the narrowest part is 1/4" diameter.  The screw is #6-40 by 1/4" long.  This is an uncommon fine thread so your hardware store may not have it but you may get lucky. 

If anyone is inclined to try printing this, I would encourage you to make the knob with a deep hole then buy a hardware store bolt, cut the head off, and and epoxy it into the hole.  Makes for a stronger assembly with a steel center support.

I will check at work tomorrow to see if we have any oddball #6 fine screws laying around.

18 hours ago, bah said:

I have one of these in my hand..  The length of the knob not counting the screw is 1 1/8 inch.  The base flange is 1/2" and the top is 3/8" diameter.  the narrowest part is 1/4" diameter.  The screw is #6-40 by 1/4" long.  This is an uncommon fine thread so your hardware store may not have it but you may get lucky.

That should do.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4201546

ehjqd5e.jpg

Bratwurst, yes that should do.  I might add a round to the narrowest part just for strength but it looks good.

Work does not have any #6-40 screws.  McMaster Carr does have them but shipping will be considerable.

How deep is your hole?  You will want screws at least 1/4" longer than that as well as an abrasive disc cutoff wheel since the screws I am thinking of are socket head caps.

14 minutes ago, bah said:

How deep is your hole?  You will want screws at least 1/4" longer than that as well as an abrasive disc cutoff wheel since the screws I am thinking of are socket head caps.

The hole is 24mm deep or close to 1". Diameter should be adequate to just screw the plastic part onto the threaded metal. I don't have an Emerson Arcadia 2001 myself, someone else will have to render the hardware. I can 3D print the knob though, and ship it to whoever.