IGNORED

What will be your Fall/Winter project for the TI?

Omega-TI

Project #2 is going well! Console is working (easy fix - the switch cover was not seated on the switch) and now is painted. I am awaiting an F18A to become available.

attachicon.gifOrange TI99 01.JPG

attachicon.gifOrange TI99 02.JPG

attachicon.gifOrange TI99 03.JPG

attachicon.gifOrange TI99 04.JPG

This orange TI is awesome! Looks like something from 1965-1974 era. Details please on how to best paint the beige away.

Sanding? Primer? Special plastic paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 1

This orange TI is awesome! Looks like something from 1965-1974 era. Details please on how to best paint the beige away.

Sanding? Primer? Special plastic paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used Rust-Oleum Painters Touch 2X "Real Orange" and "Satin Clear" spray paint. I disassembled the console. I only painted the top bezel. I removed the cartridge cover bracket. Using a hair dryer, I heated up the logo sticker on the top and removed it using a small plastic screwdriver (this worked well and I would have re-used it but it had a scratch on it, so I printed a new one on photo paper, laminated it, then cut it to fit. I used double-sided tape to reattach). I cleaned the top bezel using dish soap and warm water, then rinsed with warm water. After it had dried, I took a cotton ball with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol and rubbed the entire top bezel (over and under). I then painted the top bezel, doing a very thin coat. I let it dry for 1 hour, then did a second thin coat. After another hour, I did a third thin coat. I held the can about 8" from the top bezel and would start spraying and stop spraying in the air away from the top bezel, then using a sweeping motion from side to side taking care to paint evenly. I let it dry for 24 Hours and then did the same process to the underside of the top bezel. I then let the top bezel dry for 48 Hours. After that, I sprayed the clear coat using the same process (3 thin coats) on the top bezel, top side only (not the underside). I did not use primer as it was integrated into the paint. I did not sand between coats (I would have if something had gotten into the wet paint). After 48 hours, I reassembled the console!

post-65819-0-30955600-1542316351.jpg

post-65819-0-90795900-1542316366.jpeg

post-65819-0-30475600-1542316388.jpg

I made the TI-99/4A on the label green to compliment the orange color. I also filled in the line on the power switch using a green crayon.

• Like 6

Hello Hello, fairly New 99er here. I've recently bought a few machines and repaired and restored some of them to working condition. I recently purchased a large lot of cassette tape programs and will be recording them and archiving them for people to download and try out on their machines. There isn't a very large library of cassette programs online and I figured this would be a good winter project of TI-99 Program Archiving. Please feel free to contact me if you have interest in a project like this.

post-65934-0-67826000-1542569677_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hello Hello, fairly New 99er here. I've recently bought a few machines and repaired and restored some of them to working condition. I recently purchased a large lot of cassette tape programs and will be recording them and archiving them for people to download and try out on their machines. There isn't a very large library of cassette programs online and I figured this would be a good winter project of TI-99 Program Archiving. Please feel free to contact me if you have interest in a project like this.

attachicon.gifebayti.jpg

before you make too much effort look at http://ftp.whtech.com/Cassettes

and make sure they aren't already there.. and I'm happy to upload anything new you come up with that's not there.

Greg

before you make too much effort look at http://ftp.whtech.com/Cassettes

and make sure they aren't already there.. and I'm happy to upload anything new you come up with that's not there.

Greg

I never looked in the Cassettes directory before. Under Mini Memory it looks like it contains copies of the LINES demo?

I find myself in need of the Mini Memory Line by Line Assembler cassette. Recently I have been hand entering machine code into Easy Bug.

If someone could add the wav file I could really use it.

http://ftp.whtech.com/Cassettes/Mini_Memory/