IGNORED

Don't forget to keep your Homesoft up to date

Mclaneinc

Very cool to see this collection continuing to be updated. Nice historic compendium. Wondering, does each disk contain a date stamp?

Nice collection to follow for those (like me) who can't always keep up with the latest releases.

And AtariNut, isn't the homesoft graphic/loader just prepended, not replacing anything in the final operation of the title?

• Like 1

Not everyone is on Atari Age everyday or even every couple of days, let alone every few hours... MARCOOOOOOO..... POLOOOOOOOO... :)

I get around round, I get around........And any other Beach Boy related nonsense to feed the joke..

AtariAge should be on a Virtual intravenous stream drip Doc....Too easy to miss stuff......This 'life' and 'job' stuff is over rated :)

• Like 2

I used the Homesoft site a lot for their XEX files when I was setting up my UNO Cart. Their disk collections don't do much for me though. I would much rather run a single ATR file of the original disk image on my SIO2SD, the individual XEX all by itself on my UNO, or make my own compilations to put onto real floppies to use on my 1050. I'm not putting down what Homesoft does, it's just not for me.

And just in case you don't already know, you can select the "A-Z" link to get the full list of individual games sorted by name, or just go here... http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?idx=0

...and then hit "Download all" to download every single XEX file.

It will all be in a giant zip file already organized into alphabetical folders. Perfect to just copy directly over to your flash cart of choice.

• Like 5

And we do appreciate the work, thank you...I'm grateful for the use of a set of full games on one disk without me needing to even try to make it and the work needed to get it on in a way that it works off a multiple item game disk...

Again, thank you Homesoft...

Just in case you didn't notice it... I removed all the "Homesoft loaders" and all other cracktros too, you wont find none of them at my images anymore...

If you hadn't popped up to say that, I was going to. I don't think people realise you go back through and improve the earlier disks too. You should maintain a changelog, that scrolling message isn't enough. I feel really guilty downloading everything over again every few months just to make sure I don't miss any of the latest improvements.

I don't use ATRs too.

But Homesoft XEXs are the best ones, continually updated and improved (no decompression, loading graphic glitches...).

I don't think you are alluding to this, but worth pointing out. Aren't executables Sequential Access whereas an ATR is Random Access?

If a game loads levels then the XEX cannot handle that, or it can run through them but the XEX would need to be restarted to play through again?

Therefore ATR to XEX conversions tend to get around that by, say, using the extended memory banks to pre-load the levels into - which then excludes the lesser memory machines from running it. An example of that could be an Infocom adventure.

Where a disk simply loads everything in in one go then the XEX conversion is more straight-forward, also where a loading screen is used but not required after it has been overwritten in memory.

Homesoft often takes such things into consideration... this is why there is a DISK ONLY folder for titles where it must remain on disks to retain full functionality...

I would love to see all the homesoft loaders and screens as a DEMO series showing all through time. These are wonderful things that brought us a feeling of contentment and relief. A quality seal if you will. You knew it was going to be nicely done. I would love to see these as a testament to what was done. Artwork, graffiti, text, it's integral to the experience. I would consider these also as promotions for the software that was lovingly and craftily brought to us by Homesoft!

Will Homesoft make such a Demo of all these fine works, or will other do it as a tribute to endless years Homesoft has dedicated to bringing these titles home? Improving and fixing, enriching our corners of the world. Fun times as snapshots or a moving demo of slideshow like wipes and swipes, who knows what could be done.

Edited by _The Doctor__

I would love to see all the homesoft loaders and screens as a DEMO series showing all through time.

Hmm.. One giant multisegment XEX loader made up of back-to-back intro screens? Keep pressing space and the next one loads and appears... could be unlimited size on disk.

I used the Homesoft site a lot for their XEX files when I was setting up my UNO Cart. Their disk collections don't do much for me though. I would much rather run a single ATR file of the original disk image on my SIO2SD, the individual XEX all by itself on my UNO, or make my own compilations to put onto real floppies to use on my 1050. I'm not putting down what Homesoft does, it's just not for me. Tere

There a java program that will extract all of the xex files from any or all of the homesoft disks. Those work great on my Ultimate and AVG carts. Not sure about the UNO.

There a java program that will extract all of the xex files from any or all of the homesoft disks. Those work great on my Ultimate and AVG carts. Not sure about the UNO.

There's no need to do that any more; Homesoft now offer a single zip of all the titles as well as a single zip of all the disk images.

• Like 4

There's no need to do that any more; Homesoft now offer a single zip of all the titles as well as a single zip of all the disk images.

Sweet! Although I did enjoy the ritual of downloading just he latest disk and the updated txt file and then running the program. It felt like I was going at least some work for the new stuff on the disk =)