IGNORED

First attempt at Atari 7800 pixel art

R_Leo_1

I'm fine with the bikini-clad heroine. Truth be told, what you did was pretty tame compared to what I have in store. Plus, you have a strong grasp on color theory and perspective.

Thank you very much, I try my best! I'm thinking of doing an alternate image of the most recent pixel art that gives her back the bikini look from before lol

Another great piece of art.

One thing doesn't quite sit right with me (and this is just my opinion). The centre line of the leftmost E in Expedition feels like it's bent into the background where the distance between the upper and lower lines change. At first glance it seems okay but the longer I look it just irks me slightly.

Other than that, both characters are nicely defined and I think you've done a very good job with the snow.

• Like 1

Another great piece of art.

One thing doesn't quite sit right with me (and this is just my opinion). The centre line of the leftmost E in Expedition feels like it's bent into the background where the distance between the upper and lower lines change. At first glance it seems okay but the longer I look it just irks me slightly.

Other than that, both characters are nicely defined and I think you've done a very good job with the snow.

Thanks a ton, I'm glad you liked it! I'll see what I can do with the E :)

Apologies for the double post, I just thought I'd share this. I just finished up another 7800 pixel art image this morning, I'd love to hear what you guys think!

Scottie1_zpswmnqhkhm.png

Had a lot of fun with this one, all done by hand, no scanned drawings :)

This is very, very nice. I agree with what the other posters said about your use of colors and perspective, and also that something about that first E in "Expedition" looks forced (even with foreshortening taken into account). It is also discordant that the word "Expedition" appears to be curving concave to the camera, but "Sir Scottie's" appears flat (I would make it curve also).

• Like 1

This is very, very nice. I agree with what the other posters said about your use of colors and perspective, and also that something about that first E in "Expedition" looks forced (even with foreshortening taken into account). It is also discordant that the word "Expedition" appears to be curving concave to the camera, but "Sir Scottie's" appears flat (I would make it curve also).

Thank you for the feedback! I was trying to do a sort of "Indiana Jones style" font for the title, I agree that it didn't turn out quite right (the lower resolution makes it a bit tough lol), but I'm giving a flat look a go, as well as adding curves to all the words. So I hope it turns out better :grin:

Again, I apologize for the double post, but here's the edit I did for the font on the previous pixel art image. I also messed around a bit with the horizontal interrupts that made the gradients. I hope this one isn't as odd looking lol.

Newfont_zpsuopayjl7.png

Let me know what you guys think!

• Like 3

Again, I apologize for the double post, but here's the edit I did for the font on the previous pixel art image. I also messed around a bit with the horizontal interrupts that made the gradients. I hope this one isn't as odd looking lol.

Newfont_zpsuopayjl7.png

Let me know what you guys think!

Better, but now the perspective is off on the "Sir Scottie's" part. The earlier letters need to be larger like you did with "Expedition" because they are closer to the camera and thus foreshortened.

Here's my attempt to fix the font :)

NewFont2_zpsnmhfa0ro.png

I'm hoping to try some Atari 2600 pixel art soon, let me know if you guys think I should give it a go, and what characters you'd like to see me draw for it!

Looks pretty good! I'd like to see your take on The Smurfs, Gargamel & Azrael. Either from the 7800 limitations or from the 2600 limitations.

Can't see the pictures anymore, did you take them out, Leo?

Huh, I hadn't done anything. I had the pictures hosted on photobucket, which seems to be currently down? I'm not sure if this is permanent or not, but first thing tomorrow I'll upload the images to a new site and fix the links. Sorry about that lol

Here's my attempt to fix the font :)

NewFont2_zpsnmhfa0ro.png

I'm hoping to try some Atari 2600 pixel art soon, let me know if you guys think I should give it a go, and what characters you'd like to see me draw for it!

Nice work, that looks much better in my humble opinion. As for what characters I'd like to see in 2600 style, how about the Dig Dug cast (though I might be a bit biased on that front ;-))?

• Like 1

Nice work, that looks much better in my humble opinion. As for what characters I'd like to see in 2600 style, how about the Dig Dug cast (though I might be a bit biased on that front ;-))?

Thanks for the feedback! I think i'll actually take you up on that suggestion lol. I'll try and do a splash screen similar to the ones I've done previously, but with the Dig Dig cast of course :)