IGNORED

First attempt at Atari 7800 pixel art

R_Leo_1

4 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

That’s super awesome! Now just needs some swank Pokey music to boot! =D 

Pokey music would be pretty sweet, I'm actually considering using the BupChip used in Rikki & Vikki as well. There's a lot of different sound options.

• Like 1

This looks great - but won't actually display in 320B.

Both palettes you have access to (P0Cx, P4Cx) have restrictions with colors use, specifically regarding where PxC1 can be placed. PxC2 and PxC3 can be used arbitrarily, but PxC1 will be drawn if and only if it's next to PxC2 or PxC3 on a two pixel boundary. This is why Rikki & Vikki has so much thatching in game and particularly during the introduction sequence's panels. You effectively get two "anywhere" colors and one "sometimes" color per palette.

2 hours ago, R_Leo_1 said:

Pokey music would be pretty sweet, I'm actually considering using the BupChip used in Rikki & Vikki as well. There's a lot of different sound options.

Considering the ease in adding expansion audio, there's pretty much limitless options outside of time investment and unit cost.

15 minutes ago, TailChao said:

This looks great - but won't actually display in 320B.

Both palettes you have access to (P0Cx, P4Cx) have restrictions with colors use, specifically regarding where PxC1 can be placed. PxC2 and PxC3 can be used arbitrarily, but PxC1 will be drawn if and only if it's next to PxC2 or PxC3 on a two pixel boundary. This is why Rikki & Vikki has so much thatching in game and particularly during the introduction sequence's panels. You effectively get two "anywhere" colors and one "sometimes" color per palette.

Considering the ease in adding expansion audio, there's pretty much limitless options outside of time investment and unit cost.

Oh I had thought that if kangaroo mode was on then this would eliminate the color issue? I could be wrong on that.