IGNORED

Looking for an Intellivision A/V mod kit

Rowsdower70

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-A-V-Composite-Video-Mod-Kit-NTSC-DIY/332659440055?hash=item4d740c39b7:g:-DcAAOSwE-xbAxOi:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

I purchased two of these and have installed one of them into an Intelly model 2. But..I wasn't that impressed with the results. I did actually order 2 boards also from the guy in turkey before he increased the prices through the roof on all of his stuff. So...will see if they come in or not. But aside from him the ebay seller "v3" I linked to above is the only other US source I know of. If you're installing into a model 1 intellivision, perhaps you will have better results with that board.

• Like 1

the turkey guy sells them on his site for way less

http://www.coolretroprojects.com/Mods-Kits.html

not quite sure why he does it like that

Accept that you can't pay via PayPal from his website because PayPal shut down their Turkey operations. That is why I had to get them through the website. I'm not about to give over my actual CC information if I don't have to. So yeah..I wasn't able to pay via paypal through his website. Paypal gave me a message that it couldn't authorize payment from this account? That tells me the issue was with my account? But yet not problem paying from the same account through ebay.

Anyway, I posted about this in another thread in the Intellivision section, but Murat did get back to me in email just the other day. He advised that he is limited to only 200 sales through PayPal a year for tax reasons, and that he bumped up the prices to discourage sales until after the first of the year. If people are willing the pay the prices he is asking for...then he has no problem selling them still. But he did state the prices would come back down after the new year.

Yes I've used his kits before and they are comparable to the ones from the guy in Turkey. But as you stated...sold out and honestly they have been for some months now.

• Like 1

Which US seller? V3*mod ? Looks to have some in stock on his ebay store. Again, I've only ever tried to use the v3 kits on an Intelly 2 and wasn't impressed with the results. But maybe with an original 2609 or Sears unit the results would be better?

• Like 1

Retrofixes has them back in stock. I just ordered up one tonight after getting the email notification.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, regarding the INTV mod landscape there only really exists transistor/amp based AV circuits and and a somewhat elusive FPGA (CPLD?) RGB board? Is that correct?

Yeap pretty much. That's all I've ever found anyway.

Again v3*mods on ebay has them, but I've only tried to use one of them in an Intelly 2 and didn't like the results. I've got a Retrofixes one on the way and also have two still in shipping limbo from the guy in Turkey. Hoping to have a definite answer on which of the composite AV boards works best in an Intelly 2 between all of those.

• Like 1

I found that placing a 470 ohm resistor between +5v and the video input helped brighten the image. Look at post #11 here by bradd1978 for the scematic. I did not see a difference in video quality with or without the 78L05, so I suspect any interference might come from bad power filter caps. I also flipped C2 around because I measured the higher voltage on the video input side. Hope this helps.

I'm currently working on a CPLD based (gal22v10 to be exact) rgb mod for ntsc consoles. I plan to post everything one would need to build it themselves when I finish. You can find it in the Hardware forum.

I found that placing a 470 ohm resistor between +5v and the video input helped brighten the image. Look at post #11 here by bradd1978 for the scematic. I did not see a difference in video quality with or without the 78L05, so I suspect any interference might come from bad power filter caps. I also flipped C2 around because I measured the higher voltage on the video input side. Hope this helps.

I'm currently working on a CPLD based (gal22v10 to be exact) rgb mod for ntsc consoles. I plan to post everything one would need to build it themselves when I finish. You can find it in the Hardware forum.

That's funny. I was considering something just like that and asked a couple posts up what was floating around out there currently. I'll follow along. :)