IGNORED

PAL to NTSC Atari 2600 converter

HCRAYERT504

PAL and NTSC both are the same in terms of the size PCB slot to my knowledge.

The problem you are looking at is a cheaply made non-uniform cart shell.

I have a number of Taiwan Cooper games that are NTSC but they won’t fit properly in my 2600 or 7800 because of the cheap shells that are so poorly made.

I don’t know if any solution.

Sometimes people will use something like a Videogame Brain as a pass thru device for cartshells that don’t fit properly in their console. It’s a Fairly common problem with Imagic, Activision and M-Network shells in the 7800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

PAL and NTSC both are the same in terms of the size PCB slot to my knowledge.

The problem you are looking at is a cheaply made non-uniform cart shell.

I have a number of Taiwan Cooper games that are NTSC but they wont fit properly in my 2600 or 7800 because of the cheap shells that are so poorly made.

I dont know if any solution.

Sometimes people will use something like a Videogame Brain as a pass thru device for cartshells that dont fit properly in their console. Its a Fairly common problem with Imagic, Activision and M-Network shells in the 7800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll try to open it up to insert the pcb by itself to see if it works.

• Like 1

Hard to tell on the pic, but looks like your 2 cart slot dust protector tabs have been broken off. They push into the 2600 tab slots, opening up the systems little dust protector flap. Try turning your 2600 upside down and then carefully wiggle the cart in. Over the years, the little mechanism that opens the dust cover becomes weak and can be opened by turning the system upside down, as aforementioned.

• Like 1

Hard to tell on the pic, but looks like your 2 cart slot dust protector tabs have been broken off. They push into the 2600 tab slots, opening up the systems little dust protector flap. Try turning your 2600 upside down and then carefully wiggle the cart in. Over the years, the little mechanism that opens the dust cover becomes weak and can be opened by turning the system upside down, as aforementioned.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/159879-difficult-carts-on-your-sixer-this-might-help