IGNORED

30 Years of Nintendon't - A new Genesis game for its 30th birthday

drludos

Today is the 30th birthday the Genesis / Megadrive! To celebrate it, here is a new Genesis / Megadrive game titled "30 Years of Nintendon't". As you may have guessed, it's a tribute to the "console wars" of the 90's.

MdsmMt.png

As a Sega evangelist, you'll have to convince players to leave their NES console and avoid the SNES because "Genesis does what Nintendon't". How much market share can you earn thanks to your knowledge of the Megadrive / Genesis library? (and also of the NES/SNES one)

3znUSa.png

You can play the game online or download the game ROM here:
https://drludos.itch.io/30-years-of-nintendont

This game is born of my love of the original "Genesis Does What Nintendon't" ads campaign. I really think they are the best video game ads ever created, and the perfect illustration of the "SEGA Spirit" during the 90's.

And what is the best to celebrate the Genesis 30th birthday? Playing it of course!

AtfXqp.jpg

I hope you'll enjoy the game! :)

• Like 4

Thanks! :)

To be honest, several years after, both the SNES and the Genesis are great consoles with good exclusive titles on each side - the best solution is to play them both!

It's sad Atari wasn't able to compete in the "16-bits console wars", because that could have make the era even more interesting!

• Like 1

Will have to give it a try over the weekend; I've been piqued for these kind of games since trying Game Dev Tycoon a couple years back. There's a line of other games where you get to make your own gaming console and games for it as a dev sim. Can't remember their name, but really intriguing concept there, but sadly I think the games are not available on modern supported platforms (Windows 7 and above).

Oh and Happy 30th Birthday, Genesis! First gaming system, love the damn thing, arguably my favorite of that gen and one of my favorites of all time. But MegaDrive sounds way cooler, wish the American version could've gotten that name.

Will have to give it a try over the weekend; I've been piqued for these kind of games since trying Game Dev Tycoon a couple years back. There's a line of other games where you get to make your own gaming console and games for it as a dev sim. Can't remember their name, but really intriguing concept there, but sadly I think the games are not available on modern supported platforms (Windows 7 and above).

I did enjoy the original Game Dev Story on mobile a few years ago (never tried Game Dev Tycoon, but basically it was a PC port of it). If you remember the title of the other game, I'm interested in them, making your own gaming console is a rad game idea! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad Atari wasn't able to compete in the "16-bits console wars", because that could have make the era even more interesting!

Semi related..

There was an extremely rare unlicensed version of circus atari for the mega drive/genesis called tom clown, it was dumped by some russians just a couple years ago, it's pretty good :)