IGNORED

UPMONSTERS ( homebrew for the Intellivision ) now available

timdu

I realize I may receive some negative feedback about this. While I understand that the Intellivision community enjoys having professional boxes and overlays,

a decision was made to release this game at a low price point. $25. I have been selling Atari 2600 and Magnavox Odyssey2 homebrew games at this price point
since 2012. I would like to give this a try and see how this game sells in this format. It is taking a chance. Let's give this format a shot!
But who knows... maybe we will be able to sell more games in this type of format.
Marc O. here on AA creates wonderful professional boxes for game. Phil B. here on AA creates overlays for games.
Who knows... maybe at some point these can be optional items for UPMONSTERS for the Intellivision.

Perhaps I can be of some service?

AAupmonsters.jpg

• Like 4

@the1hatman

show us the internal side of the box!

I don't have a design for the inside since this would likely be printed the same way SP Hockey, SP Baseball and Mystic Castle were. And that's assuming timdu and Atari2600land like the design.

If I did do an interior it would simply be the cloud pattern though. It relates too perfectly to the game not to use it.

I'll admit I haven't followed this game very closely, but what's up with the blue Upmonster's eyes? Are they meant to look evil on purpose?

HA! They're more apprehensive than anything. That one is trailing behind the other so it's a little worried I guess? I just didn't want them to have the exact same expression so I gave Blue a bit of personality.

Tim and Chris are onboard for printing mine, I think 1hatman is ok with this too?

I am extremely ok with printing your version. The second I saw it I thought it was perfect for the game. My stuff has much more of a throwback feel but I like the more polished, modern vibe your designs have. I think it fits this game much better than my idea did. Can't wait to see these come to life.

I am extremely ok with printing your version. The second I saw it I thought it was perfect for the game. My stuff has much more of a throwback feel but I like the more polished, modern vibe your designs have. I think it fits this game much better than my idea did. Can't wait to see these come to life.

Yours was a very close second!

• Like 1

Yours was a very close second!

Well we independently hit on a lot of the same ideas like the cloud background and title font. Great minds think alike, lol.

But Steve's designs have that polished feel that looks so good for new releases. I just like his work better overall. I appreciate the thought though :thumbsup:

• Like 1