IGNORED

Super Packer / Exomizer issue.

Wilheim

Well, maybe this issue is more related to Exomizer rather than Super Packer, but here it goes anyway:

I tried to compress Amaurote 128 with Super Packer to make it fit better in a multigame cartridge. I used the exomizer algorithm. Unfortunately, it crashed when it starts to decompress the expanded banks.I look into the decompressing routine and realized that it forces the PORTB to turn the expanded banks on prior to the unpacking (puts value $FE on it). I patched the Amaurote 128 binary and now it works fine.

I think a solution to this is to change the:

LDA #$FE

STA PORTB

To:

LDA PORTB

PHA

AND #$FE

STA PORTB

and finishing with:

PLA

STA PORTB

Is there anyone who can make the modifications to the Super Packer/Exomizer? Is it worth to do it?

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thx. In MADS there is source of the depacker routine so changes can made there and Tebe might update Superpacker.

Btw I just packed my SillyVenture stuff right in this morning with super packer ;) so still in use.

I use Super Packer very often, specially when I'm crunching XEX games into a cartridge, in order to fit as most as possible.

Also, it's very useful to convert the binaries to tape, because it saves a lot a loading time.

• Like 1