IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

fyi I looked the nand parts myself. and the data sheets report as 2gb for both chipsets. this has been wracking my brain tbh.

i do wonder if the pc tools are misreporting based on what is reading off the offsets perhaps?

2Gb (Gibabits) = 256MB (Megabytes). My Genesis flashback has the same NAND and SRAM size.

I just tried this firmware and my genuine Sega 6 button controller's Start button doesn't register anymore. The included Atgames controllers still work fine, but I preferred the real Sega Genesis controller. My mistake for using that firmware update.

Disregard the above post (which I can't edit). I just had to plug the Atgames controller into the controller port and that fixed my problem with the Sega Genesis controller (which is preferable because the MODE button on the controller has the same function as the MENU button on the console).

• Like 2

Is this the same firmware that is in the 1st post that the unit will only play .bin files?

No. This is a firmware update with updated emulators. In my opinion Capcom games run better with this update.

You still need to apply the update from the 1st post to enable the SD Card to read .bin and .md files.

Disregard the above post (which I can't edit). I just had to plug the Atgames controller into the controller port and that fixed my problem with the Sega Genesis controller (which is preferable because the MODE button on the controller has the same function as the MENU button on the console).

After a few days, I think that firmware killed my controller port 1. The start button doesn't work anymore as well as the C button no matter what controller I try. The controllers all work fine on controller port 2 which is how I am able to start games. I wonder what the warranty policy is.

After a few days, I think that firmware killed my controller port 1. The start button doesn't work anymore as well as the C button no matter what controller I try. The controllers all work fine on controller port 2 which is how I am able to start games. I wonder what the warranty policy is.

Should be forever since it's their own firmware that killed it :)

I may be wrong, but It's not possible for a firmware to kill the controller port. Firmware = software, controller port = hardware. The update only replaces the emulator and the rom partitions, everything else on the OS is kept intact.

I can help to 'rollback' to the original firmware but I don't think it will fix the controller port.

Regarding the update, it was removed from Atgames site for some reason, and it was not clear if it was only because of the misleading instructions or if there is something else... I'm using it with my console and it's working fine for me. Both Genesis controller and the included controller are working as expected.

I may be wrong, but It's not possible for a firmware to kill the controller port. Firmware = software, controller port = hardware. The update only replaces the emulator and the rom partitions, everything else on the OS is kept intact.

I can help to 'rollback' to the original firmware but I don't think it will fix the controller port.

Regarding the update, it was removed from Atgames site for some reason, and it was not clear if it was only because of the misleading instructions or if there is something else... I'm using it with my console and it's working fine for me. Both Genesis controller and the included controller are working as expected.

My problems with it started after I installed the firmware but, at this point, it doesn't matter as I returned it to the store that I bought it from for a refund.

Did Atgames re-release a new firmware? Is there a link on their site for firmwares as I'm unable to find them on their website?

It's here now. Registration required with a serial number.

https://firmwareupdate.atgames.net

Or you can use mine without restrictions, see my signature.

I can't seem to locate my serial number. is it on the box next to the barcode? I was able to register my Atari Flashback 9, but when I tried to click on the download link it would keep sending me back to the login page and cycle keeps going.

I'm having the same issue trying to register/download update from the new site.

I got an email from their tech support that they fixed the issue. I was able to download both firmware for the Atari Flashback 9 and also Legends Arcade. I saw a new firmware for the Legends Arcade that was released today but ther's no changelog.

This new update is not for the Legends flashback. It is for another device that I think it was not release, and it likely brick the Legends flashback as the size of one partition is almost the full size of the NAND.

The Atari update is the one to enable SD Card support.

This new update is not for the Legends flashback. It is for another device that I think it was not release, and it likely brick the Legends flashback as the size of one partition is almost the full size of the NAND.

The Atari update is the one to enable SD Card support.

I noticed the size for teh legends flashback was 2x as big. Good thing I didn't flash it yet.

I was told by their tech support that the 107Mb V. 20181016 (released on Dec 20, 2018) is the correct firmware for the Legends Arcade.

I would like to know if anyone has managed to do this update. I downloaded it and try to do the update and it just went into a update loop. When I went into the debug menu the logs say it doesn't have enough space. So I went back to arcade_update_v2.3_1114 and that fixed the updating error. I will stick with this update until I see anyone who have actually updated with the new one posted.

Thanks! :)

This update is for a Capcom device (8460), and it has only the rom partition. You had a bootloop because the addresses to write in NAND are totally different from the Legends Flashback, and you were luck that it didn't brake any partition other than emulator and rom (these partitions are included in update 2.3).

Edited by rmr_md