IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

I've noticed for some of the built-in games that rewind (START+DPADleft) is disabled. Is it possible to disable specific combinations similar to this for specific games on the SDCard with some sort of INI or CFG file when updating the firmware?

In Garry Kitchen's Super Battletank, the START+DPADup and START+DPADdown combinations are used to speed up and slow down the tank (the throttle). Of course, this causes the game to be unplayable, as the built-in combinations are for menu and insert coin.

Is there any way to completely disable these combinations for just one specific game? Thanks for any info :)

START+Up and START+Down are not possible to disable. It's hard-coded into the emulator.

START+Left is controlled by a read-only .ini file (retroplayer_ro.ini) stored in the emulator partition. This partition is also read-only so it's not possible to edit the file without rebuilding the partition and creating a new update file.

I've tried to disable rewind for arcade games in the SD Card using the writteable file (retroplayer.ini) but it didn't work.

Take a look at the other thread here, I've shared where you can find the firmware for the Genesis Flashback.

Thank you very much!

I have one more request: It seems to now recognize all extensions. Can you make it only list certain ones again, (bin, smd, cue, sms, gg, 32x, etc.)? The reason I ask is because I'd like for some things to not show up in my games list. Right now, it even shows the brm files that the emulator creates for Sega CD games. I'd also like only my cues, not my ISOs to not show up by renaming the bins to something like scd or whatever.

Thank you very much!

I have one more request: It seems to now recognize all extensions. Can you make it only list certain ones again, (bin, smd, cue, sms, gg, 32x, etc.)? The reason I ask is because I'd like for some things to not show up in my games list. Right now, it even shows the brm files that the emulator creates for Sega CD games. I'd also like only my cues, not my ISOs to not show up by renaming the bins to something like scd or whatever.

That's not possible.

I don't think so. Atgames could add it but I don't know if Picodrive can be licensed. The emulator included in both Legends Flashback and Genesis Flashback 2018 is Genesis Plus GX, which does not support 32x.

It's possible to replace Genesis Plus GX with Picodrive (I've done that for the Genesis Flashback 2018), but you will lose support for Game Gear and Sega CD games as Picodrive can't find the Sega CD BIOS...

• Like 1

START+Up and START+Down are not possible to disable. It's hard-coded into the emulator.

START+Left is controlled by a read-only .ini file (retroplayer_ro.ini) stored in the emulator partition. This partition is also read-only so it's not possible to edit the file without rebuilding the partition and creating a new update file.

I've tried to disable rewind for arcade games in the SD Card using the writteable file (retroplayer.ini) but it didn't work.

Many thanks for the info :)

I just wanted to throw this out there for people who may want it, This app, Called Rename files has a checkbox list to remove all spaces and special characters from all files within a selected folder. So if you have a folder with a thousand roms or more in it and need to quickly remove the spaces and special characters. This is your best bet. http://dimitar.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/RenameFiles2.3b.exe

• Like 1

An irony, I've been searching for roms for weeks now, I have 367 pages of games,"Most of them work" 3670 games, Give or take those few that don't work and bios files. It's a Mix of Nes,SMS,.bin. Sega Cd, GG, And Arcade Mame games. Somehow, I keeping going back to Super Mario Bros 3, It's just so good. lol

One thing I have noticed, When a rom doesn't work, It would be nice if there was a way to delete roms from the menu without going to pc. Secondly, Is there a way to replace the file icons with maybe the save state thumbnail? It would be nice to have pictures instead of those file icons.

I wish there was a way to favorite roms on SD and have them added to the favorites list., Eventually, the list gets so big not only will one not play all of them, Sometimes I sit down with every intention of finding something to play only to spend an hour going through the games list. I suppose that's my fault though.

I wish there was a way to just have a snapshot of the title screen instead of those generic file thumbnails. And lastly, There is a version of Mortal Kombat 1 on 0.375b that does seem to work in this version of Mame, If anyone is interested, let me know,

Other Observations,,

I've noticed, Nes Roms that have ips patches, I've had no luck getting roms I've patched myself to run, However, Some modded and patched nes roms I've downloaded seem to run fine. I can't seem to get the Chinese Pokemon yellow English translated patched rom to work at all on the box, And the Nes English translations of the Dragon ball RPGs, don't seem to work.

Edited by Shadowprophet

I successfully installed rmr_md's firmware, I created a GAME folder, with a roms and samples folder underneath. I loaded all my MAME roms into the roms folder (the MAME 2000 set, renamed to *.zim), and when I boot up the Flashback, I can't get the roms to come up. I see and item on the main menu to the left called "SD Card", but I can't access it

Edited by Inky

I just wanted to throw this out there for people who may want it, This app, Called Rename files has a checkbox list to remove all spaces and special characters from all files within a selected folder. So if you have a folder with a thousand roms or more in it and need to quickly remove the spaces and special characters. This is your best bet. http://dimitar.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/RenameFiles2.3b.exe

Just wanted to give a quick word of thanks for this and your command prompt method for changing file extension names. Before this, I would do this all by hand. Much appreciated.

The games must be inside the GAME folder. Only the samples need to go to a different folder.

Thanks!

Now, I have a separate issue. This probably can't be resolved. Some games, especially Taito and Williams games need a special key to get running. Joust, Robotron, Sinistar, Bubbles, Blaster, Stargate boot, then come to a screen that says "Factory settings restored," and in MAME, you have to hit the F2 key on your keyboard to reset the machine to get it to go to attract mode. Can this be done with your firmware?

Taito games like Space Dungeon and Zookeeper are a similar situation. It requires you to set up an attract mode message, then to enter the message with a specific key (which one I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think it's F2). Is there any way around this?

I just finished testing all 1600 or however many MAME 2000 roms form the complete set. When you factor in I don't like fighters or sports, I am left with approx. 600 games that work really well and that I really want to play. And I haven't even tried FBA yet. Can't thank you enough, rmr_md.

Unfortunately not. Games saving data to nvram or requering changes in settings won't work. MAME 2000 core behaves weird outside RetroArch.

Could a MAME save state from a PC, saved just after the configuration for the games I mentioned, be loaded onto the SD card and be utilized for these games to bypass this?

Just keeping People updated, A New firmware update was released today for the Arcade legends From Atgames Flashback Zone, As of this moment, I've just discovered this firmware, I don't know what improvements it may or may not allow,

https://firmwareupdate.atgames.net/registration

I'm waiting to see what people have to say about this update as I'm almost certain this will Conflict with Rmr_Md's Custom firmware, possibly preventing the console from playing Mame or something.

If anyone has any documentation on this update, Let me know, I'm not trying it until I know more.

I will take a look at the update later but the version has the same date as the previous one (20181217).

There is no conflict between firmwares, if you apply the official firmware you are just reverting the device to the original state.

Conflict may have been a misnomer, Still, I'm all but certain this new AFZ will remove support for most of the game gear and sega cd and Mame support, As it is just an update to the stock firmware. Still, I'm hoping that whatever bonuses this new official firmware gives us that you can incorporate that into your firmware build.

As far as the version date is the same as the older firmware, Yeah, I suppose the coders at Atgames are pretty talented, I assume whoever is responsible for packaging in iso format is the person who updates the tags and version information, It could just be an oversite, Those things happen, remember the last update disaster when the file size was something like 120 megs? it crashed everyone's console who installed it. and it was simply a packaging issue.

Pobodies nerfect bro :)

Conflict may have been a misnomer, Still, I'm all but certain this new AFZ will remove support for most of the game gear and sega cd and Mame support, As it is just an update to the stock firmware. Still, I'm hoping that whatever bonuses this new official firmware gives us that you can incorporate that into your firmware build.

As far as the version date is the same as the older firmware, Yeah, I suppose the coders at Atgames are pretty talented, I assume whoever is responsible for packaging in iso format is the person who updates the tags and version information, It could just be an oversite, Those things happen, remember the last update disaster when the file size was something like 120 megs? it crashed everyone's console who installed it. and it was simply a packaging issue.

Pobodies nerfect bro :)

I can't even download it. It's grayed out for me. I wanted to compare the MD5 hashes between these 2 versions.

• Like 1

I can't even download it. It's grayed out for me. I wanted to compare the MD5 hashes between these 2 versions.

I tried downloading it myself I entered my serial number and it won't allow me to dl it either.

I'm going to try to dl it using the phone ap with the picture code, If I manage to acquire the firmware, am I allowed to post it here?

*edit

I tried everything, IT simply won't wont allow me to Dl it :/

Edited by Shadowprophet