IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

Is there any .INI file that we can update with the console to fix the settings? All the way I shut it down and power up again all settings are gone, like overdrive and music. Just the black screen remains, all the other stuff change back to default.

May a complete *.INI file personalize and fix this settings or no? Is there a workaround?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was hoping to get some feedback on the current Genesis emulator in the Legends Flashback. Do you guys like it in general? Anything that should be improved? Is it something we can keep using in future products and you'd be happy with it? Etc. Thanks!

I was hoping to get some feedback on the current Genesis emulator in the Legends Flashback. Do you guys like it in general? Anything that should be improved? Is it something we can keep using in future products and you'd be happy with it? Etc. Thanks!

The core is definitely good (GenesisPlus GX), but the emulator (retroplayer) needs improvements as there are delays in the audio for several games, and it's much worse with PAL games.

Hello Bill. The Genesis emulation and also SegaCD is very good but deserves to have 32X too. As suggestion I like to improve this way:

- game genie / acion replay support via menus or txt files

- option to enable or disable ingame overlay menus like rewind and coins

- option to enable or disable 7mhz - 10mhz overclock in sega genesis

- option to completely disable and permanently delete the annoying colored border screens and music

- option to save settings in menus to a cfg file and avoid to reconfigure stuff after each boot (example: overdrive)

- option to enable or completely disable menu animations and beeps

- option to configure the console to boot directly to a single game, its nice to showrooms, expositions or party and to avoid person to change the console settings

- option to boot the console with just ONE emulator loaded, freeing memory and cores to speed things up to each emulator

(y)

• Like 1

Hello Bill. The Genesis emulation and also SegaCD is very good but deserves to have 32X too. As suggestion I like to improve this way:

- game genie / acion replay support via menus or txt files

- option to enable or disable ingame overlay menus like rewind and coins

- option to enable or disable 7mhz - 10mhz overclock in sega genesis

- option to completely disable and permanently delete the annoying colored border screens and music

- option to save settings in menus to a cfg file and avoid to reconfigure stuff after each boot (example: overdrive)

- option to enable or completely disable menu animations and beeps

- option to configure the console to boot directly to a single game, its nice to showrooms, expositions or party and to avoid person to change the console settings

- option to boot the console with just ONE emulator loaded, freeing memory and cores to speed things up to each emulator

(y)

This issue only happens with the custom firmware and it's fixed if delete retroplayer.ini from your SD Card:
About 'boot with one emulator', this doesn't make sense. The core is loaded only when you run a game.

If i were to give some honest and earnest suggestions:

Software is ok. Back end emulator is solid. Audio timing issues do need to be addressed. However there are a few things that could be suggested with hardware to give a superb experience without atgames having to incur crazy costs and engaging with the "enthusiasts" in the community that buy these devices each year. Please let me know if you guys are open to taking community suggestions.

honestly though there is a huge part of me that wishes you guys went back to android for the backend. It would give next years iteration or any future product you guys line up a HUGE potential for homebrew (I know this part is off topic though).

Edited by WD_GASTER
  • Like 1

The core is definitely good (GenesisPlus GX), but the emulator (retroplayer) needs improvements as there are delays in the audio for several games, and it's much worse with PAL games.

Can you give you examples of PAL games that this happens to and we'll test them? (2 - 3 most important titles to you)

I'd love to see 32X support in a new product. We already have so many ways of playing Genesis games.

Same question. What 32X games would you like to see as test games? (2 - 3 most important titles to you)

This issue only happens with the custom firmware and it's fixed if delete retroplayer.ini from your SD Card:

No my friend, my two SD Cards have not the ini file but the system still do not save options. I change music, overdrive, themes, etc. When I power off then power on the options are reset. :(

Of course. Thanks.

if there is a next year iteration and you guys are still sticking to the same processor as this years (which is not a bad thing necesarily) upgrade the ram to atleast 512mb and use the same onboard flash size that you guys used on the sega flashback 2017 (4gb) you guys would give the community a huge gift to be able to do custom firmwares and expand on these devices. Also may not be a popular opinion but i would use usb ports for controllers.

Hopefully me outright talking about specs doesnt sound rude.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 11:28 AM, Flojomojo said:

Here's a custom firmware for the AtGames Legends Flashback you might enjoy. 

[attachment=602544:Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 11.45.12 AM.png]

BurgerTime, Mappy, Street Fighter, Dig Dug, and their friends not enough for you? Here's the answer -- update your machine so it can load other files from the SD card, without losing the onboard games. 

1. Back up your settings or save games first if you care about them. 

2. Unzip this file and put it at the root of your SD card to perform the update. It will unpack to a 4.3MB disk image file named "arcade_update.img" [attachment=602553:arcade_update.img.zip]

3. Power on, follow the onscreen prompts. Leave the machine on while updating (you only need to run it once), turn it off when done.

4. On your SD card, remove the update file and make a folder called GAME in the root. Put your files in there. No spaces in filenames. 

5. GAME ON

this message has been brought to you by the firmware fairy

• 1 month later...

Maybe this works on this firmware or the one from gba temp

I Got Mame 2000 to work.  Rename .zip to .zim

MK screen is messed up

Can't get golden axe 2 return of death adder to work.

Can't get X-men children of the atom to work.

Says this can do FBA, not sure what games are FBA

Says it can do Mame 2003 Plus, but I can't get those to work.

NES .nes works, have to remove spaces in file name

Genesis You can just change .gen to .md and remove spaces and that works

SNES, Not working

I haven't tried any others

1 hour ago, UnholyRoller said:

Maybe this works on this firmware or the one from gba temp

I Got Mame 2000 to work.  Rename .zip to .zim

MK screen is messed up

Can't get golden axe 2 return of death adder to work.

Can't get X-men children of the atom to work.

Says this can do FBA, not sure what games are FBA

Says it can do Mame 2003 Plus, but I can't get those to work.

NES .nes works, have to remove spaces in file name

Genesis You can just change .gen to .md and remove spaces and that works

SNES, Not working

I haven't tried any others

Golden Axe 2 doesn't works. It would work with MAME 2003 Plus, but the core was compiled only for the built-in games, and the game would work very slow on this device.

X-men Children of the Atom works with FBA, but you will need to recompress the rom with 7-zip.

Mortal Kombat works, but you will need to find the version 4.0 (mkla4.zip); This version is based in an older board (Y-Unit).

SNES and other emulators will not work.

The custom firmware has the following cores:

+ Genesis/SMS/GG (Genesis Plus GX - built-in)

+ NES (QuickNES - built-in)

+ FBA (needs to recompress the games with 7zip to work)

+ MAME 2000 (needs to rename .zip files to .zim)

+ MAME 2003 Plus (Only works with with built-in games)

Edited by rmr_md
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...