IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

21 hours ago, Draxxon said:

Anything labelled .bin will show up and be launched with Genplusgx (sega) core. SEGACD (with bios files)

On the 2018 with CFW you should be able to run Genesis/MegaDrive (.bin/.gen/.md), SegaCD/MegaCD (.bin/.cue+bios), Master System/Mark-III (.sms), gamegear (.gg), nes/famicom (.nes/.dat), snes/super famicom/sufamiturbo/stellaview (.fig), mame2003(.zim) and final burn alpha(.7z).

SD Card up to 32GB.

Pretty amazing resume, Draxxon! You and rmr_md do a amazing digital team for this 2018 arcade machine! ;)

Thank you both for all efforts and patience with us :D

• Thanks 1

2018 version got SNES support from the last official update. Its now running the same thing as the 2019 version.
what extension for SG-1000? .bin?

I also heard back from AtGames, no v0.1.13 update image, i figured they wouldn't.

"Hi Tom, 

Following our previous email, we heard back from our development team that actually, we kept the game-play/key configuration identical to the original NES game mapping, B is on the left, A is on the right. Additionally, unfortunately NES game does not support key configuration and is like that by design due to the software limitations for the games. We hope this answers your questions."
Edited by Draxxon

I was pleased to see that they had the arcade version of Burgertime and not the NES one. Also, they have arcade Forgotten Worlds. That Disco game is fun.

The Phelios is the Genesis one, but people say that is the best one.

Also, the Deluxe version has the good and gory version of The Immortal. The Genesis one.

Edited by Krathoon

5 hours ago, Draxxon said:

2018 version got SNES support from the last official update. Its now running the same thing as the 2019 version.
what extension for SG-1000? .bin?

I also heard back from AtGames, no v0.1.13 update image, i figured they wouldn't.

"Hi Tom, 

Following our previous email, we heard back from our development team that actually, we kept the game-play/key configuration identical to the original NES game mapping, B is on the left, A is on the right. Additionally, unfortunately NES game does not support key configuration and is like that by design due to the software limitations for the games. We hope this answers your questions."

The 2018 never got the SNES core. It has the entry in the menu but no core inside. I added it in the last cfw (based on v2.8.4)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry, bud, I'm no expert. Just trying to help these guys. I remember that now that you say it. So much of the 2019 got carried over to the 2018 I forgot. Thanks for clearing that up AND all of your hard work, man!

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

AtGames Emailed me back. Hopefully they will fix the NES button issue in the future.

"Hello Tom,  
We appreciate your findings and thank you for bringing this to our attention. 
After further checking with our development team, we learned that there are some restrictions on the button mapping and it causes some function loss on games. Our team will look into the issues related to NES games and might implement an improvement in the future builds. Thank you again!
Best regards and happy gaming !
AtGames Customer Support"

On 1/15/2020 at 9:47 PM, Draxxon said:

I went ahead and bought a new 2019 standard ed. unit. Firmware version 0.1.13

I can confirm that NES A and B buttons are in the proper places and all NES buttons can be configured (Hold START+R)

I can also confirm that 32GB SD Card works out of the box with no update.

What did the official update do anyway?? Improve connectivity with the Ultimate Arcade Legends cabinet? yeah, I don't plan on hooking it up to that anyways. So, no update for this deck. Also, I went ahead and contacted Atgames but just stressed about the A and B button NES issue. I doubt they will send me a custom fix for that, but even a downgrade to 0.1.13 update image would be nice to get to share. I'll keep you guys posted.

What kind of ROMs work OOB on the LFB2019?

It's technically possible, the device is almost the same as the Legends FB 2018. Problem is time and interest, I've worked in the Legends FB 2018 because I have the device. I don't have the Legends FB 2019 and I don't think it's fair to clone it to another device to work on the CFW. While the mods are somewhat safe, I don't like the idea to mod without any test. Also, the latest update removed the shortcut to add coins from the "console" cores, I've used this "hidden feature" to map arcade cores to console cores that were not available in the device.

4 hours ago, Draxxon said:

for me, 32GB sd cards worked after I installed the latest firmware/CFW on the 2018 model. I use SanDisc SD cards. I don't even format them. I just open the package, load the roms on it, then plug and play.

I dunno whats wrong, done the same process with the old 16Gb model and worked like a charm. :(

On 11/2/2018 at 12:28 PM, Flojomojo said:

Here's a custom firmware for the AtGames Legends Flashback you might enjoy.

post-2410-0-90253400-1541173613_thumb.png

BurgerTime, Mappy, Street Fighter, Dig Dug, and their friends not enough for you? Here's the answer -- update your machine so it can load other files from the SD card, without losing the onboard games.

1. Back up your settings or save games first if you care about them.

2. Unzip this file and put it at the root of your SD card to perform the update. It will unpack to a 4.3MB disk image file named "arcade_update.img" arcade_update.img.zip

3. Power on, follow the onscreen prompts. Leave the machine on while updating (you only need to run it once), turn it off when done.

4. On your SD card, remove the update file and make a folder called GAME in the root. Put your files in there. No spaces in filenames.

5. GAME ON

this message has been brought to you by the firmware fairy

I've completed the firmware update. Then saved game files in "GAME" folder using extension *.md. Then used the renaming tool to delete spaces. However, the SD Card is not accessible once inserted into the emulator. The "SD CARD" text is greyed out (orange letters). Ive also tried *.bin extension.

On 1/8/2020 at 1:33 AM, Terryman said:

Picked this up for $35 at Sam's with the 110 games.  Let me see if I have this right.
On the SD card, 16Gig or less, you can run the following as long as you don't go updating the firmware:
Genesis (.bin)

SNES (.fig)
NES (.nes)
Atari (.a26)

Mame 2000 (.zim)

Is that correct, or do one or more of these need custom firmware?

So does the 2018 flashback play SNES and what is the exe for turbo graphics 16 if anyone would be willing to share