IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

On 1/15/2020 at 3:14 PM, Draxxon said:

Anything labelled .bin will show up and be launched with Genplusgx (sega) core. SEGACD (with bios files)

On the 2018 with CFW you should be able to run SegaCD/MegaCD (.bin/.cue+bios).

Do I need to do anything special to get SEGACD / 32X to work? What's the correct procedure for 32X BIOS + ROMs?

On 1/16/2020 at 6:01 AM, Draxxon said:

This is the updated firmware for the LFB2019 standard edition that AtGames sent me. I told them I'm not pleased and asking for a downgrade image to v0.1.13

I guess we will see what happens.

arcade_update_1210.img 88.22 MB · 32 downloads

How well does this "1210 update" work? How does it compare to their "0.1.17.img" update?

I have the FB 2019 100 games standard.

The update they sent me was a quick fix for the missing games problem built off of the older firmware. The newer firmware was better iirc.

For sega CD you need the .bin file and the .cue file (both named properly) and a bios file for the sega CD.

place all 3 of these bios files in the "game" folder. Don't change their names. Now you just need the bin and cues.

SegaCD_bios.rar

Edited by Draxxon

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 11:28 AM, Flojomojo said:

Here's a custom firmware for the AtGames Legends Flashback you might enjoy.

post-2410-0-90253400-1541173613_thumb.png

BurgerTime, Mappy, Street Fighter, Dig Dug, and their friends not enough for you? Here's the answer -- update your machine so it can load other files from the SD card, without losing the onboard games.

1. Back up your settings or save games first if you care about them.

2. Unzip this file and put it at the root of your SD card to perform the update. It will unpack to a 4.3MB disk image file named "arcade_update.img" arcade_update.img.zip

3. Power on, follow the onscreen prompts. Leave the machine on while updating (you only need to run it once), turn it off when done.

4. On your SD card, remove the update file and make a folder called GAME in the root. Put your files in there. No spaces in filenames.

5. GAME ON

this message has been brought to you by the firmware fairy

What is the difference between the ROMs/EMULATORS for the FB 50 and the FB 100? I have both... and it seems the FB 100 actually has less emulators than the FB 50 custom FW? [I think the FB 100 is missing Game Gear (GG) and Master System (SMS) emulation ability? Is this correct?] If true, is there anyway to add GG and SMS to the FB 100?

2 hours ago, Atari_User said:

If true, is there anyway to add GG and SMS to the FB 100?

SOON
102810381_2587312538209646_3161780657061803208_n.jpg

The Legends Flashback 2018 (50 Games) with the newest Official Firmware supports....

NES/NFC, SNES/SFC, SG/SMD, and SCD/SMCD.

The Legends Flashback 2018 (50 Games) with the newest Custom Firmware supports....
NES/NFC, SNES/SFC, SG-1000, SMS/SMk-III, SGG, SG/SMD, SCD/SMCD, FBAlpha and MAME.

The Legends Flashback 2019 (100 Games) out of the box supports.... (the firmware update fucks up the nes buttons don't do it!)
NES/NFC, SNES/SFC, SG/SMD, and SCD/SMCD.

The Legends Flashback 2019 Deluxe (110 Games) out of the box supports.... (the firmware update fucks up the nes buttons don't do it!)

NES/NFC, SNES/SFC, SG/SMD, SCD/SMCD PLUS ATARI 2600

There is no Custom Firmware for the Legends Flashback 2019 (100) games, yet.

(although there was an unreleased CFW that had...) *SEE ABOVE PIC

NES/NFC, SNES/SFC, SG-1000, SMS/SMk-III, SGG, SG/SMD, SCD/SMCD FBAlpha, MAME PLUS COLECOVISION.

There is no Custom Firmware for the Legends Flashback 2019 Deluxe (110) games, yet.

====================================================================================

But to answer your question, the sega emulator (gen plus gx) is the same on both units. Rrifonas who made the CFW unlocked the 

extra supported extension for use in the sd card menu (.gg, .sms. .sg, etc. are ran thu the sega emu.)

basically he unlocked anything that was built in and added an extra mame core in an unused Atari slot on the 2018 units.

the LFB2019Deluxe has the Atari emulator and the colecovison emulator on top of the old LFB2018 units emulators.

the regular LFB2019 just has the colecovision emulator, its missing the Atari emulator.

side note, I hear TG16 is getting added to the LFB2019 CFW.

Edited by Draxxon

do not update it. the official update is doo doo. there is no custom firmware yet.

you do NOT need the update to play games from the SD Slot. you need an sd card 32GB or smaller. create a folder named "game" on the root of your card. put your roms in there. you can play NES (.dat) snes (.fig) genesis (.bin) sega-cd (.bin and .cue with the sega-cd bios files also in your "game" folder.)

no spaces or periods or brackets in the games file name, or it wont work. There is a limit to how long the name can be, but its pretty long.

As an FYI the 2019 DELUXE version can also play Atari 2600 (.a26).

main thing is the official update reverses the A and B buttons on NES games. and it also takes away your option to reset the NES buttons altogether. so youll be stuck. there is no Out of Book firmware to restore to.

Edited by Draxxon

On 6/22/2020 at 2:49 AM, Draxxon said:

Is anyone interested in a Sega SG-1000 pack with box art for the Legends FB2018 (50 Games) for use with the Custom Firmware?

Draxxon I am interested in mount a full set for FB2018, with all boxart for MAME2003, Mega Drive and more. I just dont know how to do it without compile a new FW or botthering rrifanas again! Can you help me? :D

Maybe some guide can be useful for others too. Thanks for all efforts (y)

Edited by eliofilho

I am working on sets for LFB 2019. I have Coleco and SG-1000. Working on Master System now. So these won't be of use, as is, yet. But, you could most likely use the art for other projects. Check em out and let me know.

ColecoVision:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ii6j-I-SBI32cQAOfjCc7rspqMQilMyo/view?usp=sharing

SG-1000:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jBFnxzStV8cDk5nLuIaOyRUCHfBvhPXV/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Draxxon
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

I notice there is a July 2020 update for the 2019 Legends Flashback.  A 24.5 mb file named arcade_update_8660_V1.0.1.img.

I am currently on the v0.1.17 firmware.   I copy the .img file to the root of a FAT SD card and turn on the LFB and nothing.

Anyone else try this update?

UPDATE: Renamed file arcade_update.img and it worked.   Updating now.

Firmware is now v1.0.1   Not sure what is different.

Edited by Sinjinhawke
Solved

• 1 month later...

Not a firmware question, but it didn't seem worth making a thread just to ask this. Has anyone ever confirmed if the 8BitDo M30 2.4g controller works with the Legends Flashback (Specifically, the original 2018 version of the Legends Flashback)?

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2020 at 2:31 AM, Danb83 said:

Has anyone else extracted the img. File? 

It gives some details as to what it is capable of.

Also wondering if it is possible to run it in android sdk, development software,  have not tried it yet, plan on testing it out. 

Search for imgRePackerRK in xda-developers, it can be used to extract the img file.

This devices doesn't run Android, it runs a very optimized Linux build (14MB rootfs partition if I recall correctly)