IGNORED

Legends Flashback FIRMWARE for adding games to SD card

This might be a silly question but is there a way to add extra emulators (ex tg16 atari etc) to this system through the SD card? I know someone said there's a very limited amount of internal memory (128mb) but with the SD card I think this thing can support 16gb (32gb modded) sd memory? Even if we had to make an extra folder for emulators it would definitely be worth it! (If it can be done?)

On 10/28/2020 at 7:45 PM, Gamer2020 said:

This might be a silly question but is there a way to add extra emulators (ex tg16 atari etc) to this system through the SD card? I know someone said there's a very limited amount of internal memory (128mb) but with the SD card I think this thing can support 16gb (32gb modded) sd memory? Even if we had to make an extra folder for emulators it would definitely be worth it! (If it can be done?)

By extra emulators I meant if extra core's can be loaded through the SD card in a separate folder?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 1:27 PM, Atariboy said:

Not a firmware question, but it didn't seem worth making a thread just to ask this. Has anyone ever confirmed if the 8BitDo M30 2.4g controller works with the Legends Flashback (Specifically, the original 2018 version of the Legends Flashback)?

All Mega Drive/Genesis controllers I have worked with Legends. If 8bitdo works with original Mega Drive/Genesis 99% probability it will work with Legends!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I originally came here to find out some info about the firmware and roms, but got stopped short of that.

I got a used 2018 Legends Flashback and everything seemed fine when I tried it out, except one thing. The start button won't work. I tried both controllers, both ports and even plugged in a Genesis controller. The start button just won't work and since most games require it to start, I can't start most games. Will installing the firmware update change that or is there anything else I should be doing?

• 3 weeks later...

Well since no one responded I just updated the firmware anyway and start button still won't work. I want to like AtGames products but it's just stuff like that that is such a turnoff. I've tried three controllers, I've tried both ports. The damn start button should work.

10 hours ago, KrAzY3 said:

Well since no one responded I just updated the firmware anyway and start button still won't work. I want to like AtGames products but it's just stuff like that that is such a turnoff. I've tried three controllers, I've tried both ports. The damn start button should work.

Instruction Manual

http://cdn.direct2drive.com/afz/LegendsFlashbackManual.pdf

On 12/10/2020 at 1:28 AM, CapitanClassic said:

I'm not trying to sound rude, I appreciate a reply, but it came with an instruction manual. It didn't say anything about what to do if the start button doesn't work. Of course I've turned it on and off a bunch of time, unplugged and plugged in controllers, tried three different controllers, tried both ports and updated the firmware. Start button still won't work. I guess I can just chalk it up to poor construction.

1 hour ago, KrAzY3 said:

I'm not trying to sound rude, I appreciate a reply, but it came with an instruction manual. It didn't say anything about what to do if the start button doesn't work. Of course I've turned it on and off a bunch of time, unplugged and plugged in controllers, tried three different controllers, tried both ports and updated the firmware. Start button still won't work. I guess I can just chalk it up to poor construction.

Did you read the instructions regarding how to start a game?

• 2 months later...

So I picked one of these up at Bed Bath and Beyond over the holidays and inly got around to firing it up a couple days ago. For the 20 (CDN!) or so I paid for it, I am happy with it.  Mine is the version  that has 100 built in games. 

The only issues I seem to have is the controls when playing Coleco stuff. Eveything.else works quite well, especially once you set your TV to 'game mode' ...if required. It's got so many random, hilarous games. 

Is there an easy way to pop on extra roms, and by easy, I mean without having to read 19 pages here? Thanks!

1 hour ago, atarilovesyou said:

So I picked one of these up at Bed Bath and Beyond over the holidays and inly got around to firing it up a couple days ago. For the 20 (CDN!) or so I paid for it, I am happy with it.  Mine is the version  that has 100 built in games. 

The only issues I seem to have is the controls when playing Coleco stuff. Eveything.else works quite well, especially once you set your TV to 'game mode' ...if required. It's got so many random, hilarous games. 

Is there an easy way to pop on extra roms, and by easy, I mean without having to read 19 pages here? Thanks!

you can make a folder named game and use a 32GB sd card or smaller and play NES (.dat) SNES (.fig) etc.

or here you can load games with box art to the main menu:
Legends Flashback 2019 ColecoVision Flashback Converter Pack - AtGames Flashback and Portable Consoles - AtariAge Forums

Right now, out of the box, not updated is best. If you update with anything it will reverse the Nintendo A and B buttons and you wont be able to undo it.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

you can make a folder named game and use a 32GB sd card or smaller and play NES (.dat) SNES (.fig) etc.

or here you can load games with box art to the main menu:
Legends Flashback 2019 ColecoVision Flashback Converter Pack - AtGames Flashback and Portable Consoles - AtariAge Forums

Right now, out of the box, not updated is best. If you update with anything it will reverse the Nintendo A and B buttons and you wont be able to undo it.

So I should NOT update it, thanks. But adding roms should be fine? Some of the button mapping seemed odd, and it seems like they can be changed. Kinda odd that they wouldn't have made an update that fixes the NES button issuing. I guess 20 bux only gets ya so far, lol!

the updates CREATE the button issue. it flips them and disables button config for nes games.

i want to say that out of the box you can just load roms with the sd card. the newest upadte has online leaderboards for 3 or 4 games, but thats about all i remember. I guess it also depends what firmware they come with OOTB now. Its been awhile since i messed with mine.

If your nes buttons are wrong and you cant change them, might as well hack it.

Edited by Draxxon

I dont have paddles to test, but I hear that they do not work on either model. But they also didnt work on the AFB9, so maybe paddles can be modded to work on the LFB1 & LFB2.

which version do you have? LFB2019 has a bigger NAND than the LFB2018/AFBX. That's about all I know.
I would say that performance is basically the same. Only the LFB2019Deluxe has Atari 2600 support. I dont have

a LFB2D, so I cant test performance for atari games specifically.

Edited by Draxxon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Been trying to work on this update but I think I bricked my system.  I have legends flashback system.  I was doing good until I did the update with this .img file.  I ran the update https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-atgames-legends-flashback-with-support-for-arcade-games.527550/ to get the NES and such games, but after the system update is the sits on screen AT Games screen and nothing!  I even tried downloading the firmware update from there website and running it. Shows system update and then goes back to the "AT Games" screen and the menu does not boot up.  Pretty bugged now and wish I didn't do the system update from gbatem.net.  I had was able to play the sega Gensis games fine but got greedy and want to add the NES games.  Thanks in advanced!

On 3/19/2021 at 6:33 PM, ttech78 said:

Hi, Been trying to work on this update but I think I bricked my system.  I have legends flashback system.  I was doing good until I did the update with this .img file.  I ran the update https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-firmware-for-atgames-legends-flashback-with-support-for-arcade-games.527550/ to get the NES and such games, but after the system update is the sits on screen AT Games screen and nothing!  I even tried downloading the firmware update from there website and running it. Shows system update and then goes back to the "AT Games" screen and the menu does not boot up.  Pretty bugged now and wish I didn't do the system update from gbatem.net.  I had was able to play the sega Gensis games fine but got greedy and want to add the NES games.  Thanks in advanced!

Is your Legends Flashback the 2018 (50 games) or 2019 (100 games) version? You can't flash the firmware from the 2018 version in the 2019 FB. The only way to fix a soft-brick is reflashing the device using the Rockchip tools and a good backup.

Are you familiar with soldering? You will need to short a couple of points to enable USB data transfer mode. I managed to do that with clear tape, but soldering the jumpers would be easier. If your Flashback is the 2018 model, I can help with the files to recover the device.

As far as I know there are no full backups of LFBs. Maybe I'm wrong. You might need to email AtGames for one.

I've been looking for the NES core before they added SNES support and switched the buttons. I want to test it on the AFBX and see if I can get the 1button games that use the "other button" to work. I had no luck finding any full updates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 6:45 PM, Gamer2020 said:

finally extra emulators have been added. GB, GBC, GBA, TG16, A800, A7800, A2600 stella 6.1, FBNeo, to name a few

Edited by Draxxon

Amazon.com: At Games Legends Flashback Boom!: Video Games

these are $38.90 (free shipping with Prime) right now on amazon.

And i should tell you all, these devices have been hacked WIDE OPEN recently and SOON a pack of content is going to be released

that will work on ANY Legends Flashback Unit. It soon wont matter WHICH VERSION you have. Get this while you can.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

Draxxon, this is really exciting news!  Thanks for everything you do related to the Flashbacks.  Just went to eBay, and wow, these aren't being sold as cheap as they were just a while ago.  I was lucky enough to snag a bunch of 2018 models for $20 each at Walmart a few years ago, mainly for the controllers.

Anyway, any details about the new content pack you have time to share here is greatly appreciated.

anything you see working on the AFB NEXUS pack works on ALL of the LFB units.

I just got finished adding stella 6.1, ColecoVision, Lynx and TG-16 to the AFB9/9G/X/XD if that helps :) 

There is just alot going on and I spend most of my time on the AFBX, but behind the scenes, its all coming from the LFB units,

it just hasnt been posted yet. still need to build the folder art for the various systems and its never ending.

Edited by Draxxon

• 2 weeks later...